Table of Contents
SBI clerk job profile 2022: SBI Clerk is one of the most sought after bank exams among the aspirants and it draws lakhs of applicants every year. SBI Clerk is a busy yet less pressure job since you are dealing with clerical works as a Single Window Operator(SWO). The SBI Clerk job profile includes cash counter handling, Issuing new ATM cards, credit cards, account opening, Cheque books or posting NEFT/RTGS Vouchers, etc. Let’s take a look at the jobs, responsibilities and pay scale of the SBI Clerks. Know the complete details about the SBI clerk career.
SBI Clerk Job Profile 2022
SBI Clerk Roles and Responsibilities
Do you wish to become an SBI clerk and preparing for the SBI clerk exam 2022? Then, you need to understand the roles and responsibilities which comes under the hand of a SBI clerk.
- Front Desk Customer Handling- Customer Inquiries, familiarizing them with banking services, products, etc.
- A clerk works as a cashier, to help the customers with withdrawals, managing receipts, deposits, loans, etc.
- To open a new account or to close an account, to issue mini statements, to manage loans, wealth portfolios, etc.
- Back office documentations, document scrutinization, data entry works, etc.
- Handling cash counter, KYC update, Issuing ATM cards and Cheque books or posting NEFT/RTGS Vouchers, Clearing section, etc.
SBI Clerk Job Promotions
The SBI clerk is the lower end of the SBI staff hierarchy. With three years of service as SBI Clerk, the candidates are eligible to appear for the internal department exams for promotions. Once you succeed in that you will get promoted to Probationary Officer (PO). The clerk position offers the promotions and the candidates who are determined to climb the ladder can always find this position as their initial phase of success.
This kind of promotion is related to home postings, this is a time-bound promotion pattern for the SBI clerk position
- A specific allowance of Rs 1800 is given simultaneously with the entire salary. After 10 years of aid, the assistant enhances to a Senior Assistant position.
- An assistant will grow the Special Assistant following twenty years of assistance. This job brings a special allowance of Rs 2500/-
- An assistant will fit as a Senior Special Assistant following thirty years of duty. This job offers a special allowance of Rs 3500/-
Points to Ponder on SBI Clerk Career Growth
- When an SBI Clerk is seeking to get elevated to Officer cadre, they need to reach SBI’s internal exam for promotion which involves a written test and an oral test. This is suitable for both Fast Track and Normal Track promotion ways.
- SBI Clerks can get the SBI PO exam too if they want, however they need to get SBI’s approval initial. If they clear the test, they will be replaced newly as Bank POs, but if they lose, they will have to remain as a Bank PO.
- Of the 2 banking exams, CAIIB can be tried only after an SBI Clerk has completed the JAIIB exam successfully.
- When an SBI Clerk succeeds to clear the internal SBI raise exam, they shall be selected as Trainee Officers (TOs) for a probation period of 2 years through which they will be in the JMGS-I or Junior Management Grade Scale-I level. After their achievement of probation period, they will either be promoted to MMGS-II or Middle Management Grade Scale-II level or transferred backwards to the Clerical cadre if they miss finishing their probation.
SBI Clerk Salary
The pay scale for the clerical cadre in SBI is 11765-655/3-13730-815/3-16175-980/4-20095-1145/7-28110- 2120/1- 30230-1310/1-31450. The starting Basic Pay is Rs. 13075/. (Rs. 11765/ plus two advance increments). After 3 years of service, the pay will increase to Rs. 13,730/-. Hereafter, there will be an annual increment of Rs. 815/- and so on. In metro cities like Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkota, etc the gross starting Pay will be about Rs. 25000/ including the allowances like DA, HRA, and others. In all other places, the gross pay will be nearly Rs. 23000/ depending upon the place of posting as HRA varies.
|Categories||Salary||Annual Increments||Number of years|
|Basic Junior Associate SBI||Rs.17900-||1000||3|
|Junior Associate after 1st Increment||Rs.20900/-||1230||3|
|Junior Associate after 2nd Increment||Rs. 24590/-||1490||4|
|Junior Associate after 3rd Increment||Rs. 30550/-||1730||7|
|Junior Associate after 4th Increment||Rs. 42600/-||3270||1|
|Junior Associate after 5th Increment||Rs. 45930/-||1990||1|
|Junior Associate after 6th Increment||Rs. 47920/-||—||Until retirement|
Applicants who are chosen as in the SBI Clerk test would be designated as Junior Associate in the SBI Bank. The opening salary of SBI Clerk is within the reach of Rs 26000 to 29000/-. Following the 6th increment, the in-hand SBI Salary will be about Rs.60,000. The Pay of Clerks in SBI changes based on the town they have been given.The candidates can check the official notification to verify the changes and other latest details.
SBI Clerk Allowances and Other Benefits
Check out the SBI clerk allowances and other benefits here.
Allowances and Benefits
|Initial Basic Pay||Rs.17900-(annual increment: Rs. 1000/-)|
|Dearness Allowances||Varies Quarterly|
|House Rent Allowances (HRA)||Around 10 % of Basic Pay|
|Special Allowances||Rs. 1064/-|
|Transport Allowance||Rs. 425/-|
|Provident Fund (PF) Contribution||Rs. 1300/|
|Professional Tax||Rs. 200/|
|New Pension Scheme||Rs. 2000/|
SBI Clerk 2022 notification will be soon released. The candidates who are interested in the SBI clerk position can apply for the post through the official application portal. The portal will be active once the official notification inviting the applications are released
Entri wishes you all the best for your upcoming SBI Clerk 2021. Start your SBI Clerk Preparation today itself with India’s leading learning platform ENTRI. Entri will help you with thousands of questions. Attempt mock tests, analyze yourselves to improve your success rate.