The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) conducts an online examination each year for the post of Specialist Officer. The main objective of the exam is to recruit officers in the banking sector. It is a government job. A career in this field ensures a wide range of opportunities and exposures in the area like credits, operations forex, and administration for all the officers joining the bank. The official notification on the Bank of Baroda SO examination has been released by the commission through the official website.
Preparing for Bank of Baroda SO Exam? Take a Free Mock test on App!
Bank Of Baroda SO Study Plan 2022
The given below is the detailed 30-day study plan for the Bank of Baroda SO examination 2022. Candidates who are aspiring to appear for the examination are requested to go through the study plan so as to ensure a good performance in the examination.
|Day 1||Trigonometry||Coding and decoding||Subject-Verb Agreement||History of Forex Market|
|Day 2||Mensuration||Syllogism and Venn Diagram||Reading Comprehension||Bonds Features and types|
|Day 3||Algebra||Alphabetical series||Verb||RBI and SEBI’s circulars|
|Day 4||Profit and loss||Number Series||Adverb||Mutual Funds – Types, working rules and latest updates|
|Day 5||Time and distance||Analogy and classification||Error Correction||Depositories and aspects of the Depositories Act 1996|
|Day 6||Time and work||Directions||Unseen passages||Mock test|
|Day 7||Geometry||Seating arrangements||Sentence Improvement/Phrase Replacement||Windows Operating System Basics|
|Day 8||Ratio and proportion||Nonverbal reasoning||Idioms||Internet Terms and Services|
|Day 9||Age calculations||Blood relations||Tenses||FEMA act 1999|
|Day 10||Calendar and clock||Statement and conclusions||Synonym and antonyms||Security Appellate Tribunal|
|Day 11||Data Interpretation||Similarities and differences||Sentence/ Para Completion||Stock Exchange in India and SEBI Act, 1992|
|Day 12||Number system||Analytical reasoning||Para jumbles||Revision|
|Day 13||Simple and compound interest||Arguments and assumptions||Sentence rearrangement||Revision|
|Day 14||Statistics||Data Interpretation||Fill in the blanks||Revision|
|Day 15||Percentage||Decision making||mock test||Revision|
|Day 16||Ratio and proportion||Syllogism and Venn Diagram||Vocabulary||Revision|
|Day 17||Age calculation||Alphabetical series||Grammar||Revision|
|Day 18||Trigonometry||Numerical series||Grammar||Revision|
|Day 19||Geometry||Analogy and classification||Revision||Revision|
|Day 20||Number system||Data Interpretation||Revision||Practice sessions|
|Day 21||Doubts clearing session||Decision making||Practice sessions||Practice sessions|
|Day 22||Doubts clearing sessions||Non-verbal reasoning||Read articles||Practice sessions|
|Day 23||Practice sessions||Practice sessions||Practice sessions||Practice sessions|
|Day 24||Practice sessions||Practice sessions||Practice sessions||Practice sessions|
|Day 25||Formulas-Geometry||Doubts clearing session||Practice sessions||Practice sessions|
|Day 26||formulas-mensuration||Doubts clearing sessions||Practice sessions||Attempt previous year papers|
|Day 27||Attempt previous year papers||Attempt previous year papers||Practice sessions||Attempt previous year papers|
|Day 30||Attempt Mock test||Attempt Mock test||Attempt Mock test||Attempt Mock test|
A study plan refers to a customized timetable that gives a quick idea about how to proceed further concerning the preparation for the examination. Assuming that the candidate has already finished thoroughly learning the basics and worked out few practice papers, here is a 30 days planner designed for you. The pattern is general, the candidate can modify the same and follow it accordingly. The planner is set according to day wise. The goal is to cover topics from all four sections of the syllabus based on their level of complexity. Here is a planner made for you.
Click here to know more about Bank of Baroda SO Study Plan details!
- Important topics and Insights.
- Seating Arrangements
- Blood Relations.
- Direction Sense
- Coding and decoding.
- Order and Ranking
- Coding and Decoding
- Machine Input and Output
- Alpha-Numeric-Symbol System
- Data Sufficiency
- Most of the questions appear from the topics above.
- The candidate must practice many numbers of questions to have a clear idea about the concepts.
- The topics mentioned above are tricky and time-consuming.
- One can save a lot of time if these topics are well known.
Take free mock tests on online topic wise on the Entri App
- Important topics and Insights.
- Grammatical Error Spotting
- Subject-verb agreement
- Reported speech
- Reading comprehension
- Antonyms and synonyms.
- Idioms and Phrases
- Candidates must focus on the understanding of the topics in depth.
- Comprehension reading can be time-consuming, so make sure to glance at the questions asked, so it’ll be easy to focus on the content asked.
- Start reading editorials from newspapers.
- Important topics and Insights.
- Number system
- Profit and loss
- Time and distance
- Data interpretation
- Permutation and Combination
- Average Ratio and Proportion
- These topics require out-of-the-box tricks to get the correct answer
- Candidates must know tables, squares and cubes of numbers at least up to 50
- While solving candidates must use the elimination method to narrow down to possible answers.
- Important topics and Insights
- Mutual Funds – Types, working rules and latest updates
- SEBI Powers and Functions
- Stock Exchange in India and SEBI Act, 1992
- Depositories and aspects of the Depositories Act 1996
- Insider Trading
- Security Appellate Tribunal
- FEMA act 1999
- History of Forex Market
- Bonds Features and types
- RBI and SEBI’s circulars
- Candidates must focus on the overview, importance, concept and scope of marketing.
- Make notes on the topics mentioned and revise them frequently.
- Refer to standard textbooks for in-depth knowledge of the topics which helps in solving a wide range of questions.
Click here to download Bank of Baroda SO Study Plan pdf!
Bank Of Baroda SO Important Topics to Cover 2022
Bank of Baroda SO examination follows a specific examination syllabus. The given below are the detailed syllabus that the candidates need to follow so as to ensure good marks in the Bank of Baroda SO examination 2022.
BOB SO Reasoning Syllabus :
- Arithmetic Reasoning
- Cubes and Dice
- Alphabet Series
- Number series
- Non-Verbal Series
- Statements and Arguments
- Statements and conclusions
- Embedded Figures
- Mirror images
- Clocks and Calendars
- Blood Relations
- Number Ranking
- Decision Making
- Data Interpretation
- Seating Arrangement
- Distance and Directions
- Data Sufficiency
Bank Of Baroda SO Syllabus For the English Language
- Spotting Errors
- Sentence Improvement
- Synonyms and Antonyms
- Error Correction
- Idioms and Phrases
- Para Completion
- Active and Passive Voice
- Sentence Arrangement & Completion
- Passage Completion
- Fill in the Blanks
- Joining Sentences
- Spelling Test
- Parts of Speech
Bank Of Baroda SO Syllabus For Quantitative Aptitude
- Pipes and Cistern.
- Boats and Streams
- Square Root
- Profit, Loss and Discount
- Quadratic Equation
- Problems of L.C.M and H.C.F
- Simple Interest.
- Surds and Indices.
- Volume and Surface Area.
- Boats and Streams.
- Time and Distance.
- Stocks and Share.
- Chain Rule.
- Races and Games.
- Allegation or Mixture.
- Decimal and Fraction.
- Square Root and Cube Root.
- Permutation and Combination.
Bank Of Baroda SO Syllabus For Professional Knowledge
This section is different for the different posts of BOB Specialist Officer. The syllabus for each post are given below:
- Insurance Marketing
- Marketing Overview
- Pricing Decisions: Pricing, Pricing Decision Strategies
- Concept, Nature, Scope and Importance of Marketing
- Sales Promotion and its Objectives
- Personal Selling
- Branding, Packaging, and Labeling
- Bank Marketing
- Wholesale Trade
- Product Planning and Development
- Retail Trade
- Marketing Organization
- Services Marketing
- Data Communication & Networking
- C Programming Basics
- Software Engineering
- MS Office
- DBMS Types
- Basic Programming Concepts
- Advantages function
- Operating system functions
- Windows OS
- Network Security (source: IBPS SO IT Officer Exam Pattern)
- Web Technologies
- Basic knowledge of hardware like Microprocessor, ALU
Banking and Finance
- Banking and Insurance Management
- Human Resource Management
- Managerial Economics
- Operations Management
- Marketing Management
- Merchant Banking
- Corporate Communication
- Accounting and Finance for Managers
- Operation Management
- Research Method for Management
- Mutual Fund Management
- Strategic Management
Click here to download Bank of Baroda SO Study plan sample!
Bank of Baroda Mock Tests 2022
Bank of Baroda SO examination is one of the most awaited baking examinations in the country this year. It is very important that the candidates make the exam preparation strategic and result-oriented. There are many preparation strategies that the candidates can adopt for this. Attempting the maximum number of mock tests is one way of achieving expertise in the subject and the details regarding the examination. Attempting the mock tests will give the candidates insights regarding the type of questions asked, the main topics from which the questions are asked, the difficulty level of the questions that can be anticipated, and the repeatedly asked questions. The given below are the Bank of Baroda SO mock test free that the candidates can use as part of their exam preparation.
|Reasoning ability Mock Test||Click here|
|English language Mock tests||Click here|
|Quantitative Aptitude Mock tests||Click here|
|Professional Knowledge Mock Test||Click here|
Bank of Baroda SO Previous Question Papers 2022
Candidates who are preparing for the Bank of Baroda SO examination can now download the previous year’s question papers from the links that are given below and make their preparation more result-oriented and strategic.
Bank of Baroda SO Preparation Tips
- Get to Know the detailed syllabus and exam pattern: The first and foremost preparation tip is to get to know the complete syllabus and exam pattern. Candidates should be aware of the exam pattern and syllabus before beginning their exam preparation.
- Schedule a proper timetable: Planning a proper timetable can arrange priorities and, it helps your exam preparation effectively. Making time table is the key to acing the exam simply and effectively. Aspirants must devote their time to learning the topics perfectly. Candidates must have a well-planned timetable. Applicants try to stick to their study plan properly.
- Find out easy and difficult Topics: Candidates have to make a list of easy and complicated topics after they have to move through the detailed syllabus.
- Practice the topics: Practice the exam topics is the key to ace your goal. It will help you to know the topics thoroughly. Regular Practice will aid the candidates to acquire speed with efficiency.
- Revision of the Topics: The revision will help the candidates to re-learn the topics, especially the most challenging subjects. It will improve the candidate’s memory power.
- Time Management: Time management is another crucial element for all insurance exams. So, practice as much as possible. This would enhance the speed of attempting questions in the exam paper. It helps you to score high marks.
- Remain Updated Yourself: The aspirants should keep themselves engaged with the magazines related to the insurance industry. Candidates must improve their General Awareness. They have to update themselves with day-to-day insurance topics.
- Mock Tests – are the best way to analyze your preparation level. It assists in time management as well as in handling exam pressure during the actual exam. Mock tests improve your accuracy and help you maintain speed. By taking mock tests you can easily assess which sections you need to revise better and improve your chance of obtaining higher grades. Aspirants can do the SWOT(Strength Weakness Opportunity Threat) analysis when they finish taking the mock and can work upon bettering themselves.
- Practice Makes a Man Perfect – As the old proverb says, ‘Practice makes a man perfect, it is best to practice as much as you can. To score good results in the actual exam, daily practice is required. Practice concepts of each and every section. You can take two sections to practice in a day like Reasoning and English on a day, while Quantitative Aptitude on the next day followed by a mock test which you can be taken on a daily basis.
- Identify Your Weaker Sections and Work on That: Since most of the topics are based on a basic, high school syllabus that has been studied earlier, you can identify the topics you are strong and weak respectively as you go through the syllabus. Identify your weaker spots and start focusing on them more so that good marks can be scored.
- Be Clear With The Concepts: Brush up on the fundamentals of every subject. This is very important for the topics which have mathematical as well as scientific formulas.
- Memorize The Formulas & Scientific Concepts: For the Arithmetic section, you need to remember a lot of formulas. Practice and memorize them by heart every time you have understood the concepts. The formulas can be made through in your mind with proper practice and strategic preparation. Also, the scientific concepts must be thorough with all candidates who wish to score a good rank as this is recruitment for technical posts.
Important Insights Of The Examination
Bank of Baroda SO Exam Pattern:
- Reasoning – A total of 50 questions and individual questions carry 1 mark each
- English Language – A total of 50 questions and individual questions carry a 0.5 mark each.
- Qualitative Aptitude – A total of 50 questions and individual questions carry 1 mark each.
- Professional Knowledge – Total of 50 questions and individual question one and 1.25 mark each.
Phases of the Examination:
- Phase I – Online Aptitude Test
- Preliminary Exam
- Mains Exam
- Phase II- Group Discussions and Personal Interview
Access to free BOB SO Previous years question paper on App!
I hope the article was helpful. If you are an aspirant who wants to pursue a career in the banking field, it is a golden opportunity for you. The candidates who clear all the phases of the examination will be recruited for the post of Specialist Officer on a CTC basis and as per the industry standards. In case, you are a beginner and need assistance to clear the exam, our Entri app has it all covered for you. Login to our website today and make use of all the information and contents present. For any queries, feel free to post your question and our team will reach you. Well begun is half done. Start your preparation today. Good luck.
Discussion about this post