Table of Contents
The Pune-based public sector undertaking, Bank of Maharashtra, has recently issued a notification concerning the recruitment of 500 Generalist Officers (Scale II and Scale III). Amongst them, 400 vacancies are in Scale II and 100 vacancies are in Scale III. The bank is seeking aspirants having exceptional banking knowledge and proficiency in various fields. The final date for submitting the online application for this job position is 22nd February 2022. Henceforth, candidates with the required qualification are directed to apply for this great job now itself and begin their preparation as soon as possible.
Selection Process for Bank of Maharashtra Generalist Officer Recruitment 2022
- The applicants will have to attend the online exam to be organized by IBPS. The successful applicants will be invited for an interview in the ratio of 1:4 based on their position on the merit list. The division of scores for the online exam and Interview is 150 and 100 respectively. It will be later changed to 60:40. The minimum cut off score for the online objective exam, interview and final selection shall be 50% for UR / EWS and 45% for SC / ST / OBC / PwBD.
- The collective final marks of applicants will be calculated based on scores gained by the applicants in the Online objective Exam and Interview. A merit list for selection will be prepared accordingly. Merit list for appointment will be organized in descending order based on the combined marks gained. If more than one applicant scores the same marks, they will be ranked by their age in descending order in the merit list.
- If such circumstance occurs that, the bank decides that, the required number of applicants have not qualified by conditions described above in the online objective examination then they have the power to reduce the cut off marks as per their requirement.
- Just eligibility, admission to and passing in Group Discussions, calling for or passing in Interview does not mean that the Bank is satisfied without a doubt about the applicant’s qualification. Nothing said above can confirm a candidate’s selection.
- The Bank will have the power to reject the candidature of any applicant at any phase of the recruitment procedure if they are found to be ineligible or have furnished incorrect information or have hidden any important facts. The fees paid by those applicants will be forfeited. Even if not found out during the interview then they will be removed from service even after selection to post when the evidence will come to light.
Bank of Maharashtra Generalist Officer Recruitment 2022 Online Exam pattern
Objective exam for 150 marks will be organized via online medium. The exam will have four Segments with separate timings for each segment as shown in the table below:
|No||Subject||Number of questions||Time duration|
|1||English Language||20||15 min|
|2||Quantitative Aptitude||20||15 min|
|3||Reasoning Ability||20||15 min|
|4||Professional Knowledge||90||75 min|
The segment which aims to test the Professional Knowledge can include banking related questions. No negative marks are awarded for incorrectly answered questions and not attempted questions.
Interview Selection for Bank of Maharashtra Generalist Officer 2022
For the final procedure, an aspirant has to qualify by scoring above the minimum cut off marks of both the online objective examination and in the interview/ group discussion. The syllabus of the Interview is not given in the authorized notification of the Bank of Maharashtra. But a candidate can suppose that most of the questions shall be from their professional and educational background.
Documents Required During Verification
The below mentioned documents’ original copy along with a self-attested photocopy that proves the applicant’s eligibility and identity are to be presented verification at the time of interview. The inability to submit the necessary documents will debar the candidature of the said applicant.
- Printout i.e. hard copy of the original Interview Call Letter.
- Original printout copies of the system generated online application form.
- Document proving the Date of Birth (Birth Certificate allotted by the Competent Municipal Authority Std. X Certificate with the date of birth).
- A valid ID Proof (Passport, Aadhar Card, PAN card, Voter ID, Driving License, any other Photo affixed ID card allotted by Statutory Authorities)
- Scorecards and Certificates from the SSLC exam to the highest exam passed.
- Individual Semester/Year scorecards and certificates for educational qualifications till the final degree.
- a detailed and specific experience certificate comprising information including full name, address and telephone numbers of employers, tenure of experience with correct dates, the title held, Job Profile, number of people that worked under you, nature of Ventures dealt with etc.
- Income and Asset Certificate allotted by a competent authority, firmly in the given format as specified by the Government of India, especially in the case of EWS category
- Caste Certificate issued by the competent authority, strictly in the prescribed format as stipulated by Government of India, in case of SC / ST / OBC category candidates.
- OBC category applicants should produce a certificate that explicitly contains a clause that the applicant does not belong to the creamy layer section of the The name cited in the certificate should be the same as that provided in the Central Government notification.
- Disability certificate in given format allotted by the District Medical Board in case of a Persons who may belong to Disability category. If the applicant has exercised the amenities of a Scribe in the online objective examination, then details of the scribe should also be given in the given format.
- A candidate who is an Ex-serviceman should produce a copy of the Service or Discharge Book, pension payment order and the documentary evidence of rank held.
- Applicants working in Government, Quasi-Government offices, Public Sector Undertakings (this includes Nationalized Banks and other Financial Institutions) should produce a “No Objection Certificate” from their employer.
- Any other valid documents that prove the eligibility of the candidate.
Bank of Maharashtra Generalist Officer Allotment 2022
- The chosen applicants will be given basic banking knowledge after joining the service through an online course. They have to complete this course before the specified date.
- The nominated applicants will have to agree to a Bond for a value of 2 lakhs to work in the Bank for a minimum period of two years at the time of joining. The bank will take legal actions according to the bond if a candidate resigns from the position before two years is completed.
- The chosen applicants will be selected as the “Generalist Officers” and have probation for one year. They will be subjected to regular assessment during this period. Only those who qualify in this valuation according to standards set by the Bank will be confirmed in the Service of the Bank. Otherwise, the service of the candidate will be terminated by the bank.
- Bank offers tremendous prospects for career growth, comprising opportunities for placement in different sections. The attractive promotion plan of the Bank offers an opening to the commendable and exceptionally brilliant officers to attain the Top Management Grade in a rationally quick time.
Now that we have a clear idea about the examination pattern and selection procedure, we can plan our learning strategy accordingly. Download the entri app for attempting bank exam level mock tests and tips for interview and group discussion.