Table of Contents
The National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD), one of the top institutions which play a major role in the development of agriculture and rural areas is now looking forward to young talents joining for the post of development assistant. A window of opportunity is open before you now. Those who have a bachelor’s degree in any discipline with a minimum of 50% marks can apply for the post. In this article, along with the discussion of various aspects of the NABARD Development Assistant Exam, we are providing you with a list of books that might help you with the preparation. Before starting the preparation it is important to have a detailed idea about what you are preparing for, what is the exam pattern, what is the syllabus etc. Candidates who need to appear for the NABARD Development Assistant examination need to follow the correct NABARD Development assistant books. Here in the article are the details that the candidates need to know about NABARD Development Assistant books and NABARD Development assistant books pdf.
NABARD Development Assistant Preparation Books
There could be hundreds of books that could be potentially claimed as preparatory materials. But for systematic preparation, you need to choose the best books available. Too many books and too little time can only lead you to a bad consequence. Here we are suggesting a list of selected books for all the candidates preparing for the NABARD Development Assistant exam.
- Objective English – For Competitive Examinations – Publications: McGraw Hill India
- SmartBook by Testbook – Publications: S. Chand
- Fast Track Objective Arithmetic – Author: Rajesh Verma Publications: Arihant Publication
- Objective Questions – General Studies – Publications: Arihant Publication
- S. Chand’s Advanced Objective General Knowledge – Author: R.S. Aggarwal Publication: S.Chand
- A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning – Author: R.S. Aggarwal Publication: S.Chand
NABARD Development Assistant Best Books
Best Books for English
Candidates will have to answer several objective-type questions in the prelims examination. However, in the main examination, candidates will have descriptive English with questions related to Essay, Precis, Application, etc. Refer to the following books for the NABARD Development Assistant English Section.
|Objective English – For Competitive Examinations
|Publications: McGraw Hill India
|Author: SP Bakshi and Richa Sharma
Publication: Arihant Publication
Best Books for Hindi
Candidates appearing for Development Assistant Hindi will have objective type questions for prelims as well as mains examination. Candidates can refer to the following books while preparing for the NABARD Development Assitant Hindi Section.
|Publication: Arihant Publishers
|Lucent’s Sampurna Hindi Vyakaran Aur Rachna
|Publication: Lucent Publications
Best Books for Numerical / Quantitative
The prelims examination will have questions related to numerical ability whereas the main examination will have questions related to the quantitative attitude. Candidates can refer to the following books for both sections of the examination.
|SmartBook by Testbook
Publications: S. Chand
|Fast Track Objective Arithmetic
|Author: Rajesh Verma
Publications: Arihant Publication
|Author: R.S. Aggarwal
Best Books for General Awareness
|S. Chand’s Advanced Objective General Knowledge
|Author: R.S. Aggarwal
|Objective Questions – General Studies
|Publications: Arihant Publication
Best Books for Computer Knowledge
Candidates’ Computer Knowledge will be tested in the main examination for both posts. Candidates can refer to the following books to score better in the NABARD Development Assistant Computer Section.
|Objective Computer Awareness
|Publications: Arihant Publication
|Computer Knowledge for SBI/ IBPS Clerk/ PO/ RRB/ RBI/ SSC/ Railways/ Insurance Exams 2nd Edition
|Author: Shikha Aggarwal
Best Books for Reasoning
There will be objective type questions related to Reasoning in both the examination and for both the posts. Candidates will have to prepare well for this section. To make sure you don’t miss any marks, refer to the following books for NABARD Development Assistant Reasoning Section.
|How to Crack Test Of Reasoning
|A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning
|Author: R.S. Aggarwal
NABARD Development Assistant Preparation Tips
The given below are some of the preparation tips that the candidates can follow for the NABARD Development Assistant exam preparation 2022.
- Get to Know the detailed syllabus and exam pattern: The first and foremost preparation tip is to get to know the complete syllabus and exam pattern. Candidates should be aware of the exam pattern and syllabus before beginning their exam preparation.
- Schedule a proper timetable: Planning a proper timetable can arrange priorities and, it helps your exam preparation effectively. Making time table is the key to acing the exam simply and effectively. Aspirants must devote their time to learning the topics perfectly. Candidates must have a well-planned timetable. Applicants try to stick to their study plan properly.
- Find out easy and difficult Topics: Candidates have to make a list of easy and complicated topics after they have to move through the detailed syllabus.
- Practice the topics: Practice the exam topics is the key to ace your goal. It will help you to know the topics thoroughly. Regular Practice will aid the candidates to acquire speed with efficiency.
- Revision of the Topics: The revision will help the candidates to re-learn the topics, especially the most challenging subjects. It will improve the candidate’s memory power.
- Time Management: Time management is another crucial element for all insurance exams. So, practice as much as possible. This would enhance the speed of attempting questions in the exam paper. It helps you to score high marks.
- Remain Updated Yourself: The aspirants should keep themselves engaged with the magazines related to the insurance industry. Candidates must improve their General Awareness. They have to update themselves with day-to-day insurance topics.
- Mock Tests – are the best way to analyze your preparation level. It assists in time management as well as in handling exam pressure during the actual exam. Mock tests improve your accuracy and help you maintain speed. By taking mock tests you can easily assess which sections you need to revise better and improve your chance of obtaining higher grades. Aspirants can do the SWOT(Strength Weakness Opportunity Threat) analysis when they finish taking the mock and can work upon bettering themselves.
- Practice Makes a Man Perfect – As the old proverb says, ‘Practice makes a man perfect, it is best to practice as much as you can. To score good results in the actual exam, daily practice is required. Practice concepts of each and every section. You can take two sections to practice in a day like Reasoning and English on a day, while Quantitative Aptitude on the next day followed by a mock test which you can be taken on a daily basis.
- Identify Your Weaker Sections and Work on That: Since most of the topics are based on a basic, high school syllabus that has been studied earlier, you can identify the topics you are strong and weak respectively as you go through the syllabus. Identify your weaker spots and start focusing on them more so that good marks can be scored.
- Be Clear With The Concepts: Brush up on the fundamentals of every subject. This is very important for the topics which have mathematical as well as scientific formulas.
- Memorize The Formulas & Scientific Concepts: For the Arithmetic section, you need to remember a lot of formulas. Practice and memorize them by heart every time you have understood the concepts. The formulas can be made through in your mind with proper practice and strategic preparation. Also, the scientific concepts must be thorough with all candidates who wish to score a good rank as this is recruitment for technical posts.
NABARD Development Assistant Exam at a Glance
|Mode of exam
|Phases of exam
|1 hour for prelims
2 hours for mains
|100 marks for prelims
200 marks for mains
NABARD Development Assistant Exam Pattern
The NABARD development assistant examination comprises two phases.
Both the exams are conducted in online mode. The preliminary examination consists of objective-type multiple-choice questions. On the other hand, in the main exam, both objective and descriptive types of questions will be there.
Since there are two posts namely NABARD development assistant and NABARD development assistant (Hindi), the preliminary examination questions will not be the same for both.
The preliminary examination consists of three papers.
- English language
- Numerical ability
For the development assistant Hindi exam, the topic numerical ability is replaced by ‘professional knowledge in Hindi’.
Prelims Exam Pattern (Development Assistant)
|No. of questions
Prelims Exam Pattern (Development Assistant Hindi)
|Number of questions
|Professional knowledge (Hindi)
The second phase of the exam-mains- consists of both objective and descriptive types of questions. There will be a negative marking of ¼ marks for each wrong answer. The details of the mains exam are given below.
Mains Exam Pattern
|Name of the paper
|No of questions
|Type of questions
|Quantitative aptitude (development assistant)/ professional knowledge (Hindi) (development assistant Hindi0
|General awareness with special reference to agriculture, rural development and banking
|1 (Essay or letter writing)
NABARD Development Assistant Exam Syllabus
Having a clear idea about the syllabus is really important for starting your exam preparations. Here we give you the complete syllabus of NABARD development assistant exam.
- Ratio and proportion
- Time and work
- Speed, distance and time
- Mixture and allegations
- Stocks and shares
- Permutation and combination
- Data interpretation
- Set theory
- Coding and decoding
- Machine input output
- Data sufficiency
- Circular arrangement
- Linear arrangement
- Floor puzzle
- Verbal reasoning
- Ordering and ranking
- Arrangement and pattern
- Blood relations
- Direction and distance
- Current affairs
- Indian financial system
- Indian banking system
- Monetary plans
- National institution
- Banking terms
- Error spotting
- Passage making
- Jumble words
- Fill in the blanks
- Sentence framing
- Basic hardware and software
- History of computers
- Viruses and hacking
- MS Office
Hope this article helped you to have proper guidance towards the right preparation materials. Candidates who wish to apply for the examination are requested to go through the complete syllabus and use the best materials for their preparation. Start your preparations for your dream government job with Entri App. We provide a wide range of courses over different government exams. Sign Up for Entri classes and ace the preparation for the government job examinations and bank examinations today itself. Entri helps you with thousands of questions. Attempt mock tests, analyze yourself and improve your success rate. We wish you all the success in your preparations.
|NABARD Development Assistant Exam Information Links
|NABARD Development Assistant Notifications
|NABARD Development Assistant Syllabus
NABARD Development Assistant Video Course
|NABARD Development Assistant Exam Date
|NABARD Development Assistant Application Form
NABARD Development Assistant Interview Questions
|NABARD Development Assistant Vacancy
|NABARD Development Assistant Admit Card
|NABARD Development Assistant Salary
|NABARD Development Assistant Study Plan
|NABARD Development Assistant Previous Question Papers
|NABARD Development Assistant Result
|NABARD Development Assistant Eligibility Criteria
|NABARD Development Assistant Cutoff
|NABARD Development Assistant Selection Process
|NABARD Development Assistant Answer Key