The National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) is a financial development institution with a focus on rural India and Agri products. What makes NABARD tests different from other bank and insurance recruitment tests is their focus on the rural and agricultural aspects. So when aspirants prepare for the NABARD Development tests, they should spend an ample amount of time preparing for the topics like agriculture, rural development, and banking. Here we are discussing the NABARD development assistant preparation and the NABARD Development Assistant Preparation Tips.
Download Entri! Attempt a free NABARD Development Assistant mock tests!
NABARD Development Assistant Main Topics to Cover
|English Language||Numerical Ability||Reasoning|
|Reading Comprehension||Data Interpretation (Charts and Graphs: Line Graph, Bar Graph, Pie Chart; Tabular; Caselet; Mixed DI)||Syllogisms|
|Odd One Out||Miscellaneous Questions (Time, Average, Percentage, Ratio Proportion,||Blood Relation|
|Paragraph Completion||Probability||Box based Puzzle|
|Synonyms/ Antonyms||Permutation and Combination||Calendar|
|One Word Substitution||Profit and Loss||Scheduling|
|Cloze Test||Simplification/Approximation||Ordering and Ranking|
|Sentence Improvement||Number Series||Coded Inequalities,|
|Para Jumbles||Simple and Compound Interest||Miscellaneous|
|Correct Usage||–||Statement and Conclusion/Course of Action|
|Vocabulary based questions||–||Floor Based Puzzle|
|Idioms and Phrases||–||Calendar Based Puzzle|
The Syllabus for the Phase 2 exam is given below. Candidates who are preparing for the examination is requested to go through the complete topics given below before appearing for the main examination.
Start your NABARD Development Assistant Exam preparations now with Entri App!
Test of Reasoning
|Simplification/ Approximation||Seating Arrangements|
|Simple & Compound Interest||Inequalities|
|Profit, Loss & Discount||Coding-Decoding|
|Probability||Machine Input Output|
|Data Sufficiency||Order & Ranking|
|Speed, Time & Distance||Miscellaneous|
|Mixture & Allegations||Blood Relation|
|Ratio & Proportion||Scheduling|
|Data Interpretation||Verbal Reasoning|
General Awareness ( Agriculture and Rural Awareness)
- General Awareness related to Banking & Finance, Appointments, Awards & Honours, Static GK
- Topics such as Agriculture & Rural Development, Soil & Water Conversation, Water Resources, Farm and Agri-Engineering, Plantation & Horticulture, Animal Husbandry, Fisheries, Forestry, Agriculture Extensions, Ecology and Climate Change, Rural banking and financial institutions in India, Scenario of Indian Agriculture, Genetically Modified Crops, etc.
Click here to download the NABARD Development Assistant Study Materials!
Computer Knowledge & Awareness
History of Computers, Internet, Hardware, Software, Database Management System, MS Office (Word/ Excel/ Powerpoint), Computer Virus, Network Security, File Extensions, Important Shortcuts, and Abbreviations, etc.
Test For the English Language Descriptive
- Essay Writing
- Letter Writing
NABARD Development Assistant Best Books
Best Books for English
Candidates will have to answer several objective-type questions in the prelims examination. However, in the main examination, candidates will have descriptive English with questions related to Essay, Precis, Application, etc. Refer to the following books for the NABARD Development Assistant English Section.
|Objective English – For Competitive Examinations||Publications: McGraw Hill India||
|Descriptive English||Author: SP Bakshi and Richa Sharma
Publication: Arihant Publication
Kick start your exam preparations now with Entri App!
Best Books for Hindi
Candidates appearing for Development Assistant Hindi will have objective type questions for prelims as well as mains examination. Candidates can refer to the following books while preparing for the NABARD Development Assitant Hindi Section.
|Samanya Hindi||Publication: Arihant Publishers||
|Lucent’s Sampurna Hindi Vyakaran Aur Rachna||Publication: Lucent Publications||
Get your NABARD Development Assistant study materials here!
Best Books for Numerical / Quantitative
The prelims examination will have questions related to numerical ability whereas the main examination will have questions related to the quantitative attitude. Candidates can refer to the following books for both sections of the examination.
|SmartBook by Testbook||Author: Testbook
Publications: S. Chand
|Fast Track Objective Arithmetic||Author: Rajesh Verma
Publications: Arihant Publication
|Quantitative Aptitude||Author: R.S. Aggarwal
Get NABARD Development Assistant previous question papers here!
Best Books for General Awareness
|S. Chand’s Advanced Objective General Knowledge||Author: R.S. Aggarwal
|Objective Questions – General Studies||Publications: Arihant Publication||
Best Books for Computer Knowledge
Candidates’ Computer Knowledge will be tested in the main examination for both posts. Candidates can refer to the following books to score better in the NABARD Development Assistant Computer Section.
|Objective Computer Awareness||Publications: Arihant Publication||
|Computer Knowledge for SBI/ IBPS Clerk/ PO/ RRB/ RBI/ SSC/ Railways/ Insurance Exams 2nd Edition||Author: Shikha Aggarwal
Best Books for Reasoning
There will be objective type questions related to Reasoning in both the examination and for both the posts. Candidates will have to prepare well for this section. To make sure you don’t miss any marks, refer to the following books for NABARD Development Assistant Reasoning Section.
|How to Crack Test Of Reasoning||Publication: Arihant||
|A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning||Author: R.S. Aggarwal
How to Crack NABARD Development Assistant Exam
The given below are some of the NABARD Development Assistant Preparation Tips that the candidates can follow to make the preparation more strategic.
- Get to Know the detailed syllabus and exam pattern: The first and foremost preparation tip is to get to know the complete syllabus and exam pattern. Candidates should be aware of the exam pattern and syllabus before beginning their exam preparation.
- Schedule a proper timetable: Planning a proper timetable can arrange priorities and, it helps your exam preparation effectively. Making time table is the key to acing the exam simply and effectively. Aspirants must devote their time to learning the topics perfectly. Candidates must have a well-planned timetable. Applicants try to stick to their study plan properly.
- Find out easy and difficult Topics: Candidates have to make a list of easy and complicated topics after they have to move through the detailed syllabus.
- Practice the topics: Practice the exam topics is the key to ace your goal. It will help you to know the topics thoroughly. Regular Practice will aid the candidates to acquire speed with efficiency.
- Revision of the Topics: The revision will help the candidates to re-learn the topics, especially the most challenging subjects. It will improve the candidate’s memory power.
- Time Management: Time management is another crucial element for all insurance exams. So, practice as much as possible. This would enhance the speed of attempting questions in the exam paper. It helps you to score high marks.
- Remain Updated Yourself: The aspirants should keep themselves engaged with the magazines related to the insurance industry. Candidates must improve their General Awareness. They have to update themselves with day-to-day insurance topics.
- Mock Tests – are the best way to analyze your preparation level. It assists in time management as well as in handling exam pressure during the actual exam. Mock tests improve your accuracy and help you maintain speed. By taking mock tests you can easily assess which sections you need to revise better and improve your chance of obtaining higher grades. Aspirants can do the SWOT(Strength Weakness Opportunity Threat) analysis when they finish taking the mock and can work upon bettering themselves.
- Practice Makes a Man Perfect – As the old proverb says, ‘Practice makes a man perfect, it is best to practice as much as you can. To score good results in the actual exam, daily practice is required. Practice concepts of each and every section. You can take two sections to practice in a day like Reasoning and English on a day, while Quantitative Aptitude on the next day followed by a mock test which you can be taken on a daily basis.
- Identify Your Weaker Sections and Work on That: Since most of the topics are based on a basic, high school syllabus that has been studied earlier, you can identify the topics you are strong and weak respectively as you go through the syllabus. Identify your weaker spots and start focusing on them more so that good marks can be scored.
- Be Clear With The Concepts: Brush up on the fundamentals of every subject. This is very important for the topics which have mathematical as well as scientific formulas.
- Memorize The Formulas & Scientific Concepts: For the Arithmetic section, you need to remember a lot of formulas. Practice and memorize them by heart every time you have understood the concepts. The formulas can be made through in your mind with proper practice and strategic preparation. Also, the scientific concepts must be thorough with all candidates who wish to score a good rank as this is recruitment for technical posts.
Kick start your NABARD Development Assistant exam preparations now with Entri App!
NABARD Development Assistant Exam Strategy
The given below are the topic wise NABARD Development Assistant examination that the candidates can follow to get good marks and ranks in the examination.
Tips for English Language
- Ensure that you read at least one or two English newspapers or magazines on a daily basis.
- Polish your basic grammar and practice questions related to every topic.
- Enrich your vocabulary and try to use them whenever possible in a conversation.
Tips for Quantitative Aptitude
- Do not mug up any concept. Rather, give importance to understanding it.
- Try to remember formulas using simple techniques.
- Solve as many questions as possible from each topic.
Tips for Reasoning Ability
- Learn according to the syllabus.
- Cover the major topics like syllogism, alphabetical and numerical series, coding-decoding, etc.
- Practice mock tests and previous question papers.
Tips for Computer Knowledge
- Polish your basic computer knowledge and scoring marks in this section will not be tough.
- Read about basic software and hardware.
- Also stay updated on the latest technologies in this field.
Tips for General Knowledge
- Stay updated on current affairs.
- Give importance to static GK.
- Keep a track of various national and international events.
- Make study notes as you learn.
NABARD Development Assistant Mock Test 2022
The given below are some of the mock tests that Entri has developed for the NABARD development Assistant examination 2022. Candidates can appear for both NABARD Development Assistant Prelims mock test and NABARD development Assistant mains mock test from Entri App for their exam preparation.
|Numerical Ability Mock test 1||Click Here|
|General English Mock test 1||Click Here|
|General Awareness Mock test 1||Click Here|
|Numerical Ability Mock test 2||Click Here|
|General English Mock test 2||Click Here|
|General Awareness Mock test 2||Click Here|
|Numerical Ability Mock test 3||Click Here|
|General English Mock test 3||Click Here|
|General Awareness Mock test 3||Click Here|
NABARD Development Assistant Exam Pattern
The Development assistant selection process has two groups, one for the general category and the other is for Hindi language proficient candidates. Both the positions have two stages of written examination followed by the personal interview for the final selection list.
- NABARD Development Assistant Prelims
|Topic/ Subject||Number of
|1||English Language||40||40||Composite time of
- 1/4th mark will be deducted as a penalty for each wrong answer.
- Development Assistant: Hindi
|SL No||Topic/ Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Exam
|1||English Language||40||40||Composite time of 60 minutes|
|2||Professional Knowledge: Hindi||30||30|
- 1/4th mark will be deducted as a penalty for each wrong answer.
Check the NABARD Development Assistant job Profile
- NABARD Development Assistant Main Exam
|Sr. No.||Name of the Tests||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Exam
|1.||Reasoning||30||30||Composite time of 90 minutes for Objective Tests and 30 minutes for Descriptive Test|
|3.||General Awareness (with special reference to agriculture, rural development and banking)||50||50|
|5.||English Language (Descriptive)||Essay, Precis writing, Report / Letter Writing||50|
- NABARD Development Assistant Mains: Hindi
|SL No||Name of the Tests||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Exam
|1||Reasoning||20||20||Composite time of 90 minutes for Objective Tests and 30 minutes for Descriptive Test|
|2||Professional Knowledge (Hindi)||50||50|
|3||General Awareness (with special reference to agriculture, rural development and banking)||40||40|
|5||English Language (Descriptive)||Essay, Precis writing, Report / Letter Writing||50|
Download Entri, and start your Development Assistant preparation’s today itself. Our experts will help you with free study materials, video classes, personal mentorship, and mock tests. Entri wishes you all the best for your upcoming NABARD Development Assistant and NABARD Grade-A tests.
Discussion about this post