Kerala Administrative Service 2020 Preliminary exam is all set to begin in February 2020. Across 1534 examination centers in the state, nearly 4.1 lakh candidates are competing. The preliminary exam is scheduled for February 22, 2020. The examination is scheduled for two consecutive shifts for both Papers. Kerala PSC has sent out the Kerala Administrative Service official instructions for all the candidates.
List of services in Kerala Administrative Service(KAS)
According to the Kerala Civil Service Executive Special Rules, Kerala Administrative Service(KAS) officers will be posted across 29 departments in Kerala State Government services. The recommended departments for the KAS officers are :
- Administrative Secretariat
- Finance Secretariat
- Civil Supplies
- Commercial Taxes
- Commissionerate of Entrance Examinations
- Co-operative department
- Industries and Commerce
- State Lotteries
- National Employment Service
- National Savings
- Kerala State Audit
- Land Revenue
- Sainik Welfare
- Social Justice
- State Insurance
- Kerala State land use board
- Rural development
- Scheduled Caste development
- Scheduled Tribe development
- Survey and land records
- General Education
- Urban Affairs
- Common Categories – Administrative Officer, Administrative Assistant, Accounts Officer, Financial Assistant.
Kerala Administrative Service 2020 Exam Pattern
The preliminary examination shall be in Objective mode only. Both General Studies question papers would be in English.
|SL NO||Topic||Maximum Marks||Exam Duration||Number of Questions|
|2||Paper-II: Part I General Studies||50||90 minutes||50|
|3||Paper-II: Part II Language
|4||Paper-II: Part II Language
Proficiency in English
The main examination will be a descriptive type examination containing 3 papers of 100 marks each.
|SL NO||Topic||Maximum Marks||Exam Duration|
|1||Paper I||100||02 hours|
|3||Paper III||100||02 hours|
Kerala Administrative Service Official Instructions
- Preliminary Exam is scheduled for February 22, 2020.
- The seating arrangements for a maximum of 20 candidates will be in one exam hall.
- All exam halls will have a functional clock.
- The scribe facility for the requested candidates will be arranged by the PSC officials.
- Candidates should report themselves on or before 09: 45 am and 01: 15 pm for Part I and Part II sections respectively.
- Entry to the exam centers after 10 am, and 01 pm is restricted.
- Mobile phones, Digital Watches, Health bands, etc are not allowed.
- Candidates should respect the official’s requests for searches if required.
- Candidates should carry Admit card, ID Card, and Blue/ Black ballpoint pen.
- Candidates should be present for the morning section in order to attend Part II of the exam.
- PSC has opened 24 hr helpline desk for candidates, for more clarifications you can contact the following numbers: 944 644 5483, 0471 2546260, 0471 2546264
Click here to download the PSC Instructions list for KAS candidates:
Entri wishes you all the best for your upcoming examinations. Start your Preparation today itself. Entri will help you with thousands of questions. Attempt mock tests, analyze yourselves to improve your success rate.