Table of Contents
The Kerala Public Service Commission (KPSC) is a body created by the Constitution of India to select applicants for civil service jobs in the Indian state of Kerala according to the merits of the applicants and the rules of reservation.The Head Office of the KPSC is located at Pattom, Thiruvananthapuram, the State Capital. It has three Regional Offices and fourteen District Offices.Kerala PSC Assistant Jailor Group 1 Notification 2022 was released on 30/12/2019. Aspirants can start applying online by logging on to the official website of Kerala Public Service Commission (www.keralapsc.gov.in). The last date for online application is 5/02/2020. Candidates should apply through their profile after one time registration. In this blog we will discuss about Kerala PSC Assistant Jailor 2022 Study Plan.
The Kerala Public Service Commission is a body created by the Constitution of India. The Commission advise the Government on all matters relating to civil services referred to it under Article 320 (3) of the Constitution and publish notifications inviting applications for selection to various posts as per the requisitions of the appointing authorities, conduct written test and/or practical tests, physical efficiency test and interview, prepare ranked list based on the performance of the candidates and advise candidates for appointment strictly based on their merit and observing the rules of reservation as and when vacancies are reported.
Kerala PSC Assistant Jailor 2022 Study Plan: Important Dates
The Kerala PSC Exam takes place in two stages, the first stage is a written O.M.R Test and the second stage is a physical endurance test.
The Tentative Dates for the two exams are;
- Notification Date: December 21, 2019
- Last Date for Application: February 05, 2020
i. Kerala PSC Assistant Jailor 2022 O.M.R. Test : May – June 2020
ii.Kerala PSC Assistant Jailor 2022 Physical Efficiency Test : November – December 2020
Kerala PSC Assistant Jailor 2022 Study Plan: Salary
|Department||Name of Post||Pay Scale|
|Jails||· Assistant Jailor Grade I/ Superintendent· Sub Jail/ Supervisor
· Open Prison/ Supervisor
· Borstal School/ Armourer
· State Institute of Correctional Administration/ Lecturer
· State Institute of Correctional Administration/ Training Officer
· State Institute of Correctional Administration/ Store Keeper, Open Prison
|Rs.30700 – 65400/-|
Kerala PSC Assistant Jailor 2022 Study Plan: Syllabus
Part I: Quantitative Aptitude
- Numbers-Test of Divisibility
- H.C.F. and L.C.M.
- Ratio and Proportions
- Time and Work
- Time and Distance
- Area, Volume
- Calendar, Clocks
- Trains, Problems on Age, etc
Part II: Mental Ability & Test of Reasoning
- Calculation and Logic
- Coding and Decoding
- Synonym, and Antonym
- Letter and Number Series
- Odd Man Out
- Common Sense Test
- Alphabetical Arrangement of Words
- Date and Calendar
- Sense of Direction, etc.
Part III: General Science
- Common Scientific Facts
- Important Scientific Phenomena
- Other basic facts in the field of Science, etc.
Part IV: Current affairs
- Important World, National and Regional Events related to the Political and Scientific fields,
- Sports, Cinema and Literature, etc.
Part V: Facts about Kerala
- Geographical Facts
- Physical Features
- Climate, Soils
- Famous Sites
Renaissance of Kerala
- Important Events, Movements, and Leaders.
- Brahmananda Swami Sivayogi, Chattampi Swami, Sree Narayana Guru, Vagbhatananda, Thycaud Ayya, Ayya Vaikundar, Poikayil Yohannan (Kumara Guru), Ayyankali, Pandit Karuppan, Mannathu Padmanabhan, V.T.Bhattathirippad, Dr. Palpu, Kumaranasan, Vakkom Moulavi, Blessed Kuriakose Elias Chavara, Etc
Part VI: Facts about India
- Geography of India- Physical Features-
- Climate, Soils
- Famous Sites
- Economic and Social Development
- Poverty Alleviation
- Economy and Planning
- History of India
- The period from 1857 to 1947
- National movement.
Part VII: Constitution of India
- Basic Facts
- Fundamental Rights and Duties
- Directive Principles of State Policy (DPSP)
- Union Government
- State Executive
- Union Territories
- Apex Courts
- Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG)
- Public Service Commissions
- Other Important Offices
- Important Amendments
Part VIII: General English
- Agreement of Subject and Verb
- Confusing Adjectives and Adverbs
- Comparison of Adjectives
- Correct usage of Articles
- Direct and Indirect Speech
- Active and Passive Voice
- Correction in Sentences
- Gender, Singular, and Plural
- Synonyms, and Antonyms
- One word Substitutes
- The problem concerning words
- Idioms and their meanings
Part IX: Social Welfare Schemes & Measures
- Andyodaya Anna Yojana
- Balika Samridhi Yojana
- Bharat Nirman
- Indira Awaas Yojana
- Integrated Child Development Scheme (ICDS)
- Jawahar Rozgar Yojana
- Mahila Samridhi Yojana
- National Food for Work Programme
- National Rural Development Programme (NRDP)
- National Rural Employment Guarantee Programme (NREGP)
- Prime Minister’s Rozgar Yojana
- Rural Development Pradhan Mantri Adharsh Gram Yojana
- Samagra Awaas Yojana
- Sampoorna Grameen Rozgar Yojana
- Valmiki Ambedkar Awaas Yojana
- Rural Landless Employment Guarantee Programme etc;
Part X: Information Technology & Cyber Laws
- Fundamentals of Computers
- Cyber Laws
Kerala PSC Assistant Jailor 2022 Study Plan: Important Tricks to follow
- Start with the basic standard books like NCERT or State Boards. First, go by reading the standard books so that you can get a feel what it actually consists of & read like a story by finishing one subject first & then take another subject.
- You need to get a clear idea about each topic and subtopics. You should cover the syllabus completely before the exam.
- Apart from this, one can buy PSC bulletins published by Kerala PSC for in-depth reference.
- The silver jubilee issues of Kerala PSC and special editions are really helpful to score high marks in Kerala PSC exams.
- More than the preparation guides, it would be a lot more helping if you spend some time to prepare a note on regular news events and revise this
- As a PSC aspirant, Mathrubhumi yearbook is a must buy.
- For current affairs, read The Hindu daily & if possible make your own notes & revise it multiple times.
- Thozhil vartha/ Thozhil veedhi:- Mandatory weekly coverage of any of these.
- Kerala PSC has an interesting tendency of asking certain questions repeatedly in the exams. Once you’re familiarized with them, you’ve covered almost half.
Why Practice from Entri
- Always provides you up to date materials that are created by Entri’s Top Experts.
- Mock tests available in bilingual and other regional languages
- Download Entri to access the unlimited mock test.
Navigating through Entri
- Open your Entri App go to the PSC Tab and check the mock tests.
- You can check courses and Mock test for other examinations as well
- Subscribe to our Mock Test and clear your examination with flying colors.
Ace your preparation. That is where Entri comes in. It helps you to prepare effectively for your Exam.
That will be all from our end at Entri, hope you have benefited from our mock tests and study materials.Entri wishes you all the best for your upcoming examinations. Start your Preparation today itself. Entri will help you with thousands of questions. Attempt mock tests, analyze yourselves to improve your success rate.