If you are asked to list one of the herculean jobs which can be done on a day-to-day basis which one, will you list? A police officer, A Soldier or any other potential risk involving jobs? Whatever it may be. If I ask you to add something again to the question like that, the jobs which is herculean and also satisfying and enjoyable? You may be confused right? well Ayah is one of that kind of job which is herculean at the same time and is satisfying if you are in the right track to do the job. Kerala PSC has invited the application for Ayah in district wise category in various district. If you are very fond of children and found yourself having a keen interest and skill to befriend the little ones you surely need to apply for this post. Through this blog let us look into the eligibility criteria and age limit and other essential qualifications for this job.
Eligibility Criteria for Kerala PSC Ayah
Every job has got its eligibility so is the Kerala PSC ayah. The eligibility criteria of the Kerala PSC ayah can be categorised into the following heads:
- Age Limit
18-36, Only candidates born between 02.01.1986 and 01.01.2004 (both dates included) only are eligible to apply for this post. Other Backward Communities and SC/ST candidates are eligible for usual age relaxation. For concessions allowed in upper age limit, subject to the condition that the maximum age limit shall in no case exceed 50 years.
- Should have passed Standard VII or equivalent qualification and should not have acquired graduation. (This is one of the Kerala PSC posts where it explicitly bans the overqualified candidates for the recruitment.)
- Should possess Experience Certificate for not less than one year as `Ayah’ of children gained from a Government Institution or from any institution registered under the Societies Registration Act 1860 (Central Act XXI of 1860) or the Travancore Cochin Literary Scientific and Charitable Societies Registration Act 1955 (XII of 1955) or from any institution run by the local bodies using Government grant or from any autonomous grantin-aid institutions.
- Experience mentioned in item 2 should be the one gained after acquiring the General Educational Qualification prescribed in item 1.
- The post of Ayah in all the Departments shall be reserved exclusively for women candidates.
- In the case of Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes category, in the absence of experienced qualified candidates, candidates with basic educational qualification shall be considered for appointment. They shall be deputed for training for experience as specified in item 2 above during their period of probation.
- Rule 10 a (ii) of Part II KS & SSR is applicable for selection to this post. Candidates who claim equivalent qualification instead of qualification mentioned in the notification shall produce the relevant Government Order to prove the equivalency at the time of verification, then only such qualification shall be treated as equivalent to the prescribed qualification concerned
- Candidates who claim experience qualification should obtain experience certificate in the format given below and enter details regarding experience (Certificate number, date, name of post, period, issuing authority, name of institution etc) and upload scanned image of the same/ declaration (In the case of candidates who have possessed the required experience but have not obtained the experience certificate due to prevailing pandemic situation restrictions) in the profile to make submission of application possible. Candidates should produce the experience certificate as and when called for the same by the Commission.
Ayah job is not as simple as it seems and not as simple to get into. You should posses the qualification as said above and you should not posses the over qualification. The ban on over qualification is adopted as a precaution to ensure the stability of the appointed persons. Prepare for the Kerala PSC Ayah Job with the help of Entri. Enroll Entri for having a personalised mentoring to guide you on the right path of victory. Keep studying, Keep winning,