Table of Contents
Kerala PSC is an establishment under the jurisdiction of the Government of Kerala, which is responsible for conducting selection exams and appointing staffs in various departments. Apply online for Kerala PSC Job vacancies on the official website of the Kerala Public Service Commission (KPSC) Recruitment for Assistant, LDC, Lecturer & Multiple Posts. The appointing process of Kerala PSC takes place in three rounds; written examination, interview, and document verification. The examination covers different topics like current affairs, history, and geography of India and Kerala, reasoning, etc,. In order to prepare for the exam, the candidates must be aware of the right study materials.
Kerala PSC HSST Books 2022: List of Expert Recommended Books
|Newspapers- The Indian Express, The Hindustan Times.
|Kerala history, Indian history, and geography
|General Awareness for Kerala PSC
|Sura’s Publications Kerala PSC Police Constable-Indian Reserve Battalion.
|Indian Polity by Lakshmikanth
|High school grammar by Wren and Martin’s English Grammar and Composition.
|Objective Question Bank of Computer Awareness for General Competitions by Arihant.
|Previous Year Questions
Tips to prepare for Kerala PSC HSST Exam 2022
- Know the syllabus thoroughly: It is important to know the syllabus of the exam thoroughly in order to plan the preparation well.
- Give equal importance to all the sections of the syllabus: Every section is important for the exam. That is why it is important to study equally for all subjects.
- Know your strengths and weaknesses: Work on knowing your weaknesses and your strengths so that you can understand how to align your preparation and what needs more focus.
- Revision: It is very essential to revise each and every topic properly so that you do not forget what you study. It is advisable to keep the last few months for revision only.
- Time Management: Learn to segregate your time properly so that you are able to finish the entire paper properly in the exam.
Kerala PSC HSST 2022 exam is generally conducted for candidates interested in teaching, who wish to see themselves in the shoes of a Higher Secondary School teacher. The main subjects included for Kerala PSC HSST 2022 exam are:
Malayalam, Geography, Chemistry, Social Science, Mathematics, Urdu, Sanskrit, History, Economics, Arabic, Statistics, Political Science, English, Botany, Commerce, Home Science, Physics etc.
Out of total 100, 70 marks is allotted for the main or core subject and the remaining 30 marks is asked from general portions which are common for all the subjects. The detailed syllabus of each subject belonging to Kerala PSC HSST is available in the official website of Kerala PSC. Portions which are common for all the subjects are tabulated below:
|SYLLABUS FOR COMMON SUBJETS FOR HSST EXAM
|· Objectives, nature, characteristics and basic requirements of teaching
· Learner’s characteristics
· Factors affecting teaching
· Methods of teaching
· Teaching aids
· Evaluation systems
|· Meaning, Characteristics and types of research
· Research Ethics
· Paper, article, workshop, seminar, conference and symposium
· Thesis writing: its characteristics and format
|SALIENT FEATURES OF INDIAN CONSTITUTION, SOCIAL WELFARE LEGISLATIONS AND PROGRAMMES
|· Salient features of the Constitution
· Preamble – significance of it and its place in the interpretation of the Constitution
· Fundamental Rights – Directive Principles of State Policy
· Relation between Fundamental Rights and Directive Principles
· Fundamental Duties
· Legislature – Executive – Judiciary – Both at State and Union Level
· Other Constitutional Authorities
· Centre-State Relations – Legislative – Administrative and Financial
· Services under the Union and the States
· Emergency Provisions
· Amendment Provisions of the Constitution
· Social Service Legislations like Right to Information Act
· Prevention of atrocities against Women & Children
· Food Security Act
· Environmental Acts
· Social Welfare Programmes like Employment Guarantee Programme
· Organ and Blood Donation etc
|KERALA RENAISSANCE, GENERAL KNOWLEDGE AND CURRENT AFFAIRS
|· Towards a New Society
· Efforts to reform the Society
· Various missionary organizations and their functioning
· Socio-Religious reform Movements
· Struggles and Social Revolts
· Role of Press in Renaissance
· Awakening Through Literature
· Women and Social Change
· Leaders of Renaissance
· Literary Figures
· National & International events
· Indian Economy & Polity
· Science & Environment, etc.
Syllabus for Core Subjects
|CORE SUBJECT SYLLABUS FOR HSST – OVERVIEW