The Public Service Commission of Kerala or Kerala PSC conducts exams for candidates to get jobs in the civil service sector. One of the posts offered is the Lower Division(LD), Typist. Through this article we will give you a glimpse on the job profile of the post.
Kerala PSC LDC Job Profile
The work duties of a Lower Division Typist includes everyday office errands, for instance, to keep up the information, records, and reports of the workplace in an orderly way. LD Typist are commonly the basic level of representatives of a Government Organization. The following are the significant jobs and duties carried out by a Lower Division Typist in various government offices:
- Maintenance of office workflow
- Mail Registrations
- Data Entry Work
- Maintaining File Registers, Indexing and handling Registration procedures
- Maintain records of documents
- Receiving documents
- Arranging files and getting relevant documents for senior employees
- Composing Official Letters, Notices, Notifications, and other authority archives
- Preparing drafts and statements
- Preparing staff salary slips
- Gathering data and Information as told by seniors
Kerala PSC LD Typist Career Growth & Promotion
After completing one year as LD Typist candidates get elevated to other posts as well. Growth will be there in the post.
Kerala PSC LD Typist Eligibility
- The candidate is required to pass SSLC or its equivalent exam
- Should be able to type in English and Malayalam
- The age limit is between 18-41 years
The selection takes place in three steps. Yes, it’s as easy as 1,2,3 🙂
First is the classic written test. Many exams follow the fate of a pen-paper test so that’s nothing new. Second is the personal interview. It’s a job so without an interview would it be a proper procedure? Third and final is document verification. Since this is a government job they will need to check if the documents are valid and true. It’s more of a security measure so it’s wise to keep the documents up to date.
The mode of appointment is direct so there are not many processes involved and not much confusion.
Kerala PSC LD Typist Syllabus
The syllabus is split into 3 parts:
General Knowledge, Current Affairs & Renaissance in Kerala
- General Knowledge
- Facts about India
- Geography of India – Physical features – Climate – Soils – Rivers – Famous sites
- Demography – Economic and social development – Poverty alleviation – Economy and planning – etc
- History of India – Period from 1857 to 1947 – National movement
- Facts about Kerala Geographical Facts – Physical features – Climate – Soils – Rivers – Famous sites
- Renaissance in Kerala: Important Events/ Movements
- Renaissance Leaders
- Current Affairs: Important world, national and regional events related to the political and scientific fields, sports, cinema, and literature, etc.
- Types of Sentences and Interchange of Sentences.
- Different Parts of Speech.
- Agreement of Verb and Subject.
- Comparison of Adjectives
- Adverbs and Position of adverbs
- Articles – The Definite and the Indefinite Articles.
- Uses of Primary and Model Auxiliary Verbs
- Tag Questions
- Infinitive and Gerunds
- Tenses in Conditional Sentences
- The Use of Correlatives
- Direct and Indirect Speech
- Active and Passive voice
- Correction of Sentences
- Singular and Plural, Change of Gender, Collective Nouns
- Word formation from other words and the use of prefix or suffix
- Compound words
- Phrasal Verbs
- Foreign Words and Phrases
- One Word Substitutes
- Words often confused
- Spelling Test
- Idioms and their Meanings
- Translation of a sentence/ proverb into Malayalam
Computer Word Processing, Typing & Document Formatting
- Windows: Introduction to windows platform, Icons, Files and Folders, Windows explorer, control panel, Zip & unzip files.
- Internet- Using an internet browser, e-mail, search engines, Instant messengers, download managers, proxy settings, using the webcam.
- Word processing- Introduction, Text, Formatting documents, Page layout, Tables, Mail merge, template creation, Printing.
- Spreadsheets- Electronic spreadsheet features, Entering data, Editing worksheets, Formatting worksheet, charts, Formulas, functions, Printing.
- Presentation software – Design, Create a presentation with background, Omit background graphics from a slide, Apply 3D effects, Slide Show Setup, Apply and edit timings, Create a customized slide show.
- Typing and Document Formatting
The Exam and Salary
The exam is out of 100 marks and has 100 questions. It is for 75 minutes or 1 hour 15 minutes. The medium of exam is in English. It shouldn’t be too difficult, just a bunch of one mark MCQ’s.
The pay scale for the Lower Division Typist is within the simple range of Rs.19,000- 43,600. It is a very modest amount and is sufficiently average for a government job income.
Kerala PSC Result
The result will be declared on a date declared by the board (obvious). It will be published online in the Kerala PSC official website, like most exams, and is easily accessible. Maybe you should check this out for everything on the results.
We wish you all the best in your upcoming exam. Wouldn’t hurt to study now seeing how its quarantine time and there’s plenty of time to learn something new every day or prepare for your exams with Entri.
|Kerala PSC LD Typist Exam Information Links|
|Kerala PSC LD Typist Notification||Kerala PSC LD Typist Selection Process|
|Kerala PSC LD Typist Syllabus||Kerala PSC LD Typist Mock Test|
|Kerala PSC LD Typist Exam Date||Kerala PSC LD Typist Video Course|
|Kerala PSC LD Typist Application Form||Kerala PSC LD Typist Study Materials|
|Kerala PSC LD Typist Vacancy||Kerala PSC LD Typist Interview Questions|
|Kerala PSC LD Typist Admit Card||Kerala PSC LD Typist Salary|
|Kerala PSC LD Typist Study Plan||Kerala PSC LD Typist Preparation Tips and Tricks|
|Kerala PSC LD Typist Previous Question Papers||Kerala PSC LD Typist Result|
|Kerala PSC LD Typist Best Books||Kerala PSC LD Typist Cutoff|
|Kerala PSC LD Typist Eligibility Criteria||Kerala PSC LD Typist Exam Analysis|
|Kerala PSC LD Typist Answer Key|