Kerala Public Service Commission (KPSC) is going to conduct staff nurse grade 2 exam on 30 January, 2021. The recruitment notification was published on 30th December 2019. Kerala PSC conducts written examination for recruiting the candidates to the various government departments. Candidates those who have applied for the post can start their preparation with the Syllabus and Exam Pattern of Kerala PSC Staff Nurse Grade 2.
Kerala PSC Staff Nurse Grade 2
|Authority||Kerala Public Service Commission|
|Name of the post||Staff Nurse Grade 2|
|Scale of pay||Rs.27800 – 59400/-|
Kerala PSC Staff Nurse Syllabus and Exam Pattern 2022
Start your exam preparation by understanding the exam pattern and syllabus of the examination which is organized by the Kerala PSC. The syllabus and exam pattern is almost same as the other Kerala PSC examinations.
Staff Nurse Grade 2 Syllabus 2022
The candidates are advised to cover all the following topics. The question paper will comprises of two parts. The first part is common for all Kerala PSC exams and the second part is on the Nursing field.
- General Awareness/Knowledge
- Current Affairs: Important World, National and Regional Events related to the Political and Scientific fields, Sports, Cinema and Literature, etc.
- Kerala Renaissance: Important Events/ Movements/Leaders Brahmananda Swami Sivayogi, Chattampi Swami, Sree Narayana Guru, Vagbhatananda, Thycaud Ayya, Ayya Vaikundar, Poikayil Yohannan (Kumara Guru), Ayyankali, Pandit Karuppan, Mannathu Padmanabhan, V.T.Bhattathirippad, Dr. Palpu, Kumaranasan, Vakkom Moulavi, Blessed Kuriakose Elias Chavara, etc.
- General English: Agreement of Subject and Verb – Confusing Adjectives and Adverbs, Comparison of Adjectives – Correct usage of Articles – Prepositions – Direct and Indirect Speech – Active and Passive Voice – Correction in Sentences -etc. Vocabulary – Gender – Singular and Plural – Synonyms – Antonyms – One word Substitutes Problem concerning words – Idioms and their meanings, etc.
- Quantitative Ability: Numbers – Test of Divisibility – H.C.F & L.C.M – Simplification – Ratio & Proportions Percentage – Interest – Time & Work – Time & Distance – Area – Volume – Calendar – Clocks – Trains – Problems on Age, etc.
- Mental Ability and Reasoning: Coding & Decoding – Classification – Synonym – Antonym – Letter & Number Series – Odd Man Out – Analogy- Common Sense Test – Alphabetical Arrangement of Words – Date and Calendar – Sense of Direction, etc.
- General Science: Common Scientific Facts – Important Scientific Phenomena – Other basic facts in the field of Science, etc.
- Core Subject
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Environmental Hygiene
- Fundamentals of Nursing
- Medical Surgical Nursing
- First Aid
- Personal Hygiene
- Nursing Management
- Community Health Nursing
- Health Education & Communication Skills
- Mental Health
- Psychiatric Nursing
- Computers in Nursing
- Paediatric Nursing
- Midwifery & Gynaecological Nursing, etc.
ANATOMY, PHYSIOLOGY& MICROBIOLOGY
Anatomical terms, Cell & Tissues, Blood-composition & functions, Circulatory system-Heart & Blood vessels structure, function Lymphatic system-structure & function Respiratory system- structure & function, physiology of respiration Digestive system- structure & function, process of digestion Excretory system- structure & function of kidney, ureter, bladder, urethra Endocrine system- structure & function of pituitary, thyroid, parathyroid, adrenal, pancreas, ovary & testis Reproductive system- -structure & function of male& female reproductive organs Nervous system-brain & nerves, spinal cord, autonomic nervous system Sense organs-skin, ear, nose, eye & tongue, physiology of vision, hearing, smell, touch, taste. Skeletal system-bones, tendons, ligaments, cartilages Muscular system-types, structure & function. Microorganisms – classification, common diseases, study of microbes Infection & its transmissions, Sources, types. Immunity, Types, Immunization Schedule Disinfection & sterilization, asepsis, biomedical waste management
PSYCHOLOGY: Scope of learning psychology for nurses, Structure of mind, Body Mind relationship, Learning, Thinking, Reasoning, Observation, Perception, Attention (Nature & Factors affecting) Personality-& Intelligence.
SOCIOLOGY: Scope in Nursing, Uses, Influence of environment in individual development, Rights & Responsibilities of individual in democratic society Family- Characteristics, Types, Family cycle, Functions, Types of Marriage Society, Nursing education-scope and purposes, Introduction to research-need and importance, characteristics, research approaches, Professional trends and adjustment-nursing as a profession, professional organizations -INC, ICN, TNAI, SNA, WHO, Red cross, Nursing administration and ward management philosophy, principles, Management process-planning, organization, staffing, etc.
FUNDAMENTALS OF NURSING: Nursing Concept, Profession, Ethics, Approaches, Holistic Nursing, Health, Basic human needs, Nursing care of patients, Nutritional needs- feeding helpless patient. Meeting psychological & spiritual needs. Biomedical waste management, FIRST AID Aims, Rules, first aid kit, dressings & bandaging CPR, Community emergencies, disaster management, etc. Practical Experience Admission discharge procedure, assessment of patient, vital signs, preparation of patient unit, hygienic care, comfort devices, feeding, assist in elimination irrigation catheterization, bladder irrigation nursing process, etc.
Download the full-fledged syllabus of Kerala PSC Staff Nurse Grade 2.
Kerala PSC Staff Nurse Grade 2 Exam Pattern 2022
Check out the exam pattern of Kerala PSC Staff Nurse Grade 2.
- The examination will be conducted for 1 hour and 15 minutes and total marks will be 100.
- The questions asked in the examination will be with reference to the syllabus.
- The questions will be Objective type.
- The medium of examination will be in English.
- For each right answer the candidate will be awarded one mark.
- There will be a negative marking of 1/3rd (0.33) marks for the wrong answer.
Read the article of Kerala PSC Staff Nurse Grade 2. Learn with Entri app and we ensure you with the materials to prepare for the various exams and conducts mock tests, E-learning sessions and doubt clearing way too. Entri wishes all the candidates good luck for their exams.