The Reserve Bank of India or the RBI is our central bank and regulatory body. For any banking aspirants, a career in RBI will be rewarding as well as satisfying. Among many opportunities available in RBI, the office Assistant position is one of the clerical cadre positions available to graduates below 28 years. With an initial payment of Rs. 36,091, this position is among the favourite for many banking aspirants. Since we are expecting the next recruitment notification by December 2021, we are discussing the RBI Assistant exam analysis based on its last preliminary exam conducted earlier this year.
RBI Assistant Exam Analysis
The last RBI Office Assistant recruitment was in December 2019 with 926 vacant posts. The below given RBI Assistant detailed exam analysis is based on the exam conducted by the bank against this notification in February 2020. We will update this page with the RBI Assistant exam analysis 2021, once the exam programme is completed.
The Reserve Bank of India’ Office Assistant recruitment process has two stages of Computer-Based Objective tests followed by a local language proficiency test. RBI Office Assistant 2021 exam pattern is:
- RBI Assistant Prelims
|English Language||30||30||01 hours|
- RBI Assistant Mains Exam
|English Language||40||40||30 minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||40||40||30 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability||40||40||30 minutes|
|Computer Knowledge||40||40||20 minutes|
|General Awareness||40||40||25 minutes|
The preliminary exam programme was of easy to moderate difficulty level.
|English Language||27 – 29||Easy|
|Reasoning Ability||30 – 33||Easy to Moderate|
|Numerical Ability||24 – 27||Moderate to Difficult|
|Total||86 – 92||Moderate|
|Topic||No. Of questions||Level|
|Data Interpretation (DI)||05||Easy-Moderate|
|Missing Number Series||05||Easy-Moderate|
- The average of 10 numbers is 35. If the average of the first 5 numbers is 40 and the average of the last 3 numbers is 22, then what is the average of the remaining two numbers?
- The difference between downstream speed and upstream speed is 4 Kmph. If the speed of the boat in still water is 7 times the speed of the current, then what is the time taken by the boat to cover 48 km downstream?
- The ratio of the present age of A to B is 4 : 3. If C is 4 years younger than B and the difference between the present age of A and B is 4 years, then what is C’s age 10 years hence?
- What will come in the place of the question (?) mark? 45% of 1600 + ? 2= 1044
- Ram and Raju invested in the ratio of 3:2 respectively. They both invested for 6 months. If total profit is
5000 Rs., then find the profit share of Raju?
- In 48 litres of water, 40 litres of juice is mixed and then 50% of the mixture is taken out and then ‘X
litre of juice is added again then the ratio of water to that of juice becomes 4:5. Find the value of ‘X?
- What is 75% of 300 –175 = 70 –?
- What will come in the place of the question (?) mark? 111 + 11 + 1111 + 11111 =?
RBI Assistant: Reasoning Ability
|Puzzles and Seating Arrangement||15||Easy-Moderate|
- In the given number ‘69286257’, If all digits are arranged in increasing and decreasing order in 1st and 2nd arrangement respectively from left to right, then how many digits remain the same position in both new arrangements?
- If all the letters in each word of “BOY CAT RAT MAT SIT PEN” are arranged according to the English alphabetical series from left to right, then how many meaningful words are formed?
- Some statements are given followed by conclusions/ group of conclusions. You have to assume all the statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance from the commonly known facts and then decide which of the given conclusions logically follow from the information given in the statements:
- If only conclusion I follow
- If only conclusion II follows
- If either I or II follows
- If neither I nor II follows
- If both I and II follow
Statement: Only a few rivers is a lake. Some lake is the mountain. All-mountain is the hill.
Conclusions: I. Some rivers can be mountains. II. Some lakes can be the hill
Eight persons i.e. P, Q, R, S, T, U, V, W attend meeting in different months i.e. January, March, April, May,
July, August, September, October in the same year but not necessarily in the same order. Three persons attend meetings between T and P who attend meetings in the month of 30 days. W attend a meeting before V and after R. There are as many persons attend a meeting before P as after Q. U attend a meeting before S and after Q. S attend meeting before V and after W who doesn’t attend the meeting in May.
- Some as many persons attend meetings before W as after ______?
- Who the attends the meeting in July?
- In which month does V attend the meeting?
RBI Office Assistant: English Language
- In the following questions, a sentence is given with four bold words. One of these words may be contextually incorrect. Choose the incorrect word as the answer
One day, while the Bodhisattva was walking through the forest with his discipline Ajita, he saw a hungry tigress about to eat her own cubs.
- Read each of the following four sentences to find out whether there is any grammatical mistake/error in it. Choose the sentence with no grammatical error as the correct answer.
- India urgently needs more ambitious structural and financial sector reform measures.
- The village was tore by rioters.
- The officer found thousands of polythene bags in the backyard over sweet shop.
- All are correct
- None of these
- Fill in the blanks with appropriate words from the given options: The owl is standing on the tree________________ at the wall
Entri wishes you all the best for your upcoming RBI Assistant as well as other banking recruitment tests. Download Entri, and get instant access to hundreds of mock tests, free study materials, personal guidance, live classes, discussion groups, etc.