The interview is the last hurdle for the aspirants before the Probationary Officer job in the public sector banks. IBPS PO interview questions are usually predictable. This same predictability makes it tough too. Rather than the knowledge spontaneity will be the on check. One can expect questions from all sorts of his/her personal life to international monetary policies. Try to be aware of world affairs especially the market news.
While facing the IBPS PO interview questions try to be calm and composed. Be alert. If you are not aware of any questions don’t try to take a wild guess. Those will take a toll on your marks. On average the majority will get scores in the 60 -80 marks range, so try to score more in your written examination. Interested candidates can check here for more details about the IBPS PO Online Examination
IBPS PO Interview Questions
Here are the few questions which were asked in the previous year’s interviews. Try to take a look at them to understand what to expect in the IBPS PO Interview questions. Like all other interviews, self-introduction, and details about the native state/town will be asked as an ice breaker. So make sure to frame a good response with 5 -7 sentences. Try not to have long responses.
- Introduce yourself.
- Why do you want to join the banking sector?
- Where do you see yourself in the coming next 5 years?
- Why should we hire you amongst all the other candidates?
- Questions related to IBPS.
- Current financial awareness and current affairs questions
- Questions related to your stream from which you pursued your graduation.
- Why did you leave your previous job(if you are a working aspirant)?
- Why do you want to work in the banking sector?
- Your strengths and weaknesses.
- What qualities should one have to become a bank officer?
- Questions related to your family background.
- Functions of banks.
- If you will find a better job opportunity, will you leave this job?
- Expect some questions from the current affairs (Make reading newspapers your habit)
- About different schemes of the government, try to read about them( like Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana, Kisan Credit Card, etc..)
- Fiscal deficit, monetary policy, and the budget
- International Market Scenario
- Different types of cheques, accounts
- Role of RBI, SEBI
- Important banking terms like NEFT, RTGS their differences
- Functions of banks other than taking deposits and giving out loans
- Opinion about the NPAs and money laundering
- AADHAAR Seeding Account
- Zero balance accounts
- Credit cards, debit cards, payment systems
- Payment apps (BHIM, Google Pay, etc) – pros and cons over traditional banking
- Banking Charges for the transactions
- Expect questions from the news
These are some of the common questions which are frequently and are expected to be asked in the interview round, also at the same time we advise all our aspirants to answer the questions actively and properly, the interview panel should not feel that you came in the interview with reciting answers. Prepare well and do not hesitate while going for an interview round.
While attending the IBPS PO interview questions, try to be in formal attire. Don’t blabber nonsense, if you are not sure about something to convey the same. The interview board will not judge you with a single question. Being confident, preparing ourselves IBPS PO interview is not a hard nut. With proper guidance and preparation, you can crack it with ease.
Entri wishes you all the very best for your IBPS PO Interview preparation.