Table of Contents
Kerala Public Service Commission will be releasing the Kerala Police Sub Inspector notification on their official website (https://www.keralapsc.gov.in/ ) soon. Kerala Public Service Commission releases Kerala Police Sub Inspector recruitment notification mostly every year. Taking this into consideration, 2021 is a year that knocks opportunity at every Kerala Police SI aspirant’s door.
As it is time to beat the clock and start preparing for the exam, every SI aspirants have many factors such as syllabus, eligibility, age limit, exam pattern, vacancies etc to take into account. Interested candidates can check this article on Kerala Police SI Recruitment 2021 and get the appropriate details before proceeding with the online application.
Kerala Police SI Recruitment 2021: Tentative Date
Kerala Police Sub Inspector Notification Release Date: To be announced
O.M.R. Test: To be announced
Physical Efficiency Test: To be announced
Kerala Police SI Recruitment 2021: Vacancy
The number of vacancies for the post of Sub Inspector of Police (Trainee) and Armed Police Sub Inspector (Trainee) is anticipated vacancies. The last vacancy announcement for the post Kerala Police SI was in 2015. As of the rank list published in March 2019, it has been shown that around 40 people have already been taken for the posts. After that for the year 2020, there was a recruitment notification but there were no announcements were done in terms of vacancy. Therefore, the vacancies can be more in number this year.
The scale of pay: Rs. 32,300 – 68,700
Kerala Police SI Qualification 2021
All the candidates must carefully go through the qualification requirement before applying for the post to ensure they are eligible to apply for this post as well.
- Both men and women candidates/aspirants should have completed their Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent in any stream from a recognized university.
- Age Relaxation will be applicable as per Government Rules.
Physical Qualification/ Requirement:
For both men and women to be eligible for the SI recruitment exam post must be physically fit. They should meet the minimum physical standards mentioned below:
|Height||165.10 cm||5’ 55”|
|For SC/ST candidates||160.02 cm||5’ 3”|
|Chest Measurement (Normal)||81.28 cm||32”|
|Chest Expansion||5.08 cm||2”|
- As per the rule, no relaxation will be sanctioned SC/ST candidates/applicants in subject to the Chest Measurement
|For SC/ST Candidates||155 cm|
- Taller people are given preference.
For the Kerala Police SI recruitment, prescribed vision is a vital requirement for candidates to get selected. Both men and women have to be certified to meet the requirements of prescribed visual standards without glasses. Below are the specified visual standards.
|Left Eye||Right Eye|
|1||Distant Vision||6/6 Snellen||6/6 Snellen|
|2||Near Vision||0.5 Snellen||0.5 Snellen|
- It should be clearly noted that each eye must have the full field of vision. Color Blindness, Squint or any abnormal or diseased condition of the eye or the lids of either eye are considered as evident reasons to be disqualified.
Though the candidates get past the written exam and physical test successfully, during the time of the interview, if the candidate fails to produce a valid medical certificate he/she is ineligible for the SI post and hence will be deemed to get disqualified.
Therefore the candidate should produce an original medical certificate in the prescribed form certifying to their physical fitness and eyesight without glasses attained from any one of the mentioned following medical officers.
- Director, Health Services
- Deputy Director, Health Services
- Principal, Medical College
- District Hospital Superintendent
- District Medical Officer
- Ophthalmic Hospital Superintendent
- Director, T.B. Centre
- First Grade Civil Surgeon
- Medical College Professor
- Associate Professor in any of the Medical Colleges
Kerala Police SI Age Limit 2021
Kerala PSC SI Recruitment Exam is an Open Market exam for the fresher candidates/applicants. Candidates from Ministerial Staff and Constabulary are also allowed to apply for the exam. They can either choose for the open market exam or for the reserved quota but not for both.
|Category I||Open Market||20-31|
|Category II||Ministerial||Not more than 36 years|
|Category III||Constabulary||Not more than 36 years|
- Principles of rules of Reservation ad rotation shall be applied to only Category I (Open Market ) candidates. Meanwhile, Category II and III candidates will be advised on merit basis only.
Kerala Police SI 2021 Selection Process
- Objective Exam
- Physical Measurement Test
- Physical Efficiency Test
- Medical Test
- Document Verification/Interview
- Final Rank List
Kerala Police SI 2021 Exam Pattern
Kerala Police SI exam indomitably is in an OMR (Objective Multiple Choice) online test mode. The exam duration is of 75 minutes with 100 set of questions each carrying 1 mark. Wrong answers will deduct 1/3 mark for each mistake. Here the candidates should be careful as to avoid answering uncertain answers and not lose any marks.
The medium of exam will be in English.
Physical Efficiency Test for Male Candidates
Male Candidates must qualify any of the five events out of the eight specified below in the Physical Efficiency Test.
|Sl. No.||Item||Minimum Standards of Efficiency|
|1||100 Metres Run||14 Seconds|
|2||High Jump||132.20 cm(4’6”)|
|3||Long Jump||457.20 cm(15’)|
|4||Putting the Shot (7264 gms)||609.60 cm(20’)|
|5||Throwing the Cricket Ball||6096 cm(200’)|
|6||Rope Climbing(only with hands)||365.80 cm(12’)|
|7||Pull-ups or chinning||8 times|
|8||1500 Metres Run||5 Minutes & 44 seconds|
Physical Efficiency Test for Female Candidates
Female Candidates should qualify any of the five events out of the eight specified events shown below
|Sl. No.||Item||Minimum Standards of Efficiency|
|1||100 Metres Run||17 Seconds|
|2||High Jump||1.06 Metres|
|3||Long Jump||3.05 Metres|
|4||Putting the Shot (4 Kg)||4.88 Metres|
|5||200 Metres Run||36 Seconds|
|6||Throwing the Throw ball||14 Metres|
|7||Shuttle Race (25×4 Metres)||26 Seconds|
|8||Skipping (One minute)||80 Times|
Note: If accidents or injuries happen to a candidate while participating in the Physical Efficiency Test, he/she will not be given further chance to participate in the test
Kerala Police SI 2021 Syllabus
As of now PSC has not officially announced pr finalized the syllabus of the Kerala Police SI 2021 exam but one can start preparing with the previous exam syllabus as major changes cannot be expected.The syllabus of the previous exam (i.e 2015 exam), are as follows;
|PART 1||Quantitative Aptitude|
|PART 2||Mental Ability and Test of Reasoning|
|PART 3||General Science|
|PART 4||Current Affairs|
|PART 5||Facts About Kerala|
|PART 6||Facts About India|
|PART 7||Constitution of India|
|PART 8||General English|
|PART 9||Social Welfare Schemes and Measures|
|PART 10||Information Technology and Cyber Laws|
Considering all the above points mentioned it is high time that Kerala Police SI 2021 candidates should hit the books and start rigorous preparation. This year’s exam is a golden opportunity for every ambitious SI aspirants and hence make sure that you would leave no stone unturned and come out successful.
Kerala Police SI Recruitment 2021 Apply Now
- Candidates must register themselves in the Kerala PSC “thulasi”, One Time Registration Portal
- After the one-time registration is done, the candidate can begin the application for the post of Sub Inspector.
- Login to your account created using User Id and Password.
- Candidates must click on the ‘Apply now’ button of the respective posts in the Notification Link to apply for a post.
- The Photograph uploaded should be taken after 31/12/2010. Name of the candidate and the date of the photograph taken should be printed legibly at the bottom portion. The photograph once uploaded meeting all requirements shall be valid for 10 years from the date of uploading.
- No application fee is required.
- Candidates should take a printout of the application by clicking the link Registration Card in their profile.
- Candidates should make sure to enter the appropriate personal information during the time of registration. Candidates are responsible to maintain the secrecy of the password.
- Application submitted is provisional and cannot be deleted or altered after submission. However, the applications can be rejected if any noncompliance with the notification is found during the processing stage.
- Documents to prove qualification, age, community etc have to be produced as and when called you are asked for it. Hence keep the documents ready
- If the Written/OMR/Online Test is conducted as part of this selection, candidates should submit a confirmation for writing the examination through their One Time Registration profile.
- The important dates regarding the submission of the confirmation and the availability of Admission Tickets will be published in the Examination Calendar. Information in this regard will be given to the candidates in their respective profiles and in the mobile phone number registered in it.
- Candidates who have AADHAAR card should add AADHAAR card as ID proof in their profile.
- Candidates shall appear in person for verification of the original documents on the date, time and venue allotted by the Commission, at their own expense.
General information when uploading Photograph
- The photo to be uploaded can be in Colour/black and white.
- The face and shoulder of the candidate should be clearly visible
- The photo should be of 200 pixels height and 150 pixels width
- The file size should not exceed 30kb and it should be in JPG format
- The background of the photo should be either light coloured or white in colour
- The eyes should be open
- Face should be centrally focused
- Photograph wearing cap goggles, (except cap, a veil was worn in adherence to religious custom), photographs showing a portion of the face, photo with unclear face shall not be accepted.
Entri wishes you all the best for the upcoming examination
|Kerala PSC SI Exam Information Links|
|Kerala PSC SI Syllabus||Kerala PSC SI Mock Test|
|Kerala PSC SI Exam Date||Kerala PSC SI Video Course|
|Kerala PSC SI Application Form||Kerala PSC SI Study Materials|
|Kerala PSC SI Vacancy||Kerala PSC SI Interview Questions|
|Kerala PSC SI Admit Card||Kerala PSC SI Job Profile|
|Kerala PSC SI Study Plan||Kerala PSC SI Salary|
|Kerala PSC SI Previous Question Papers||Kerala PSC SI Preparation Tips and Tricks|
|Kerala PSC SI Best Books||Kerala PSC SI Result|
|Kerala PSC SI Eligibility Criteria||Kerala PSC SI Cutoff|
|Kerala PSC SI Selection Process||Kerala PSC SI Exam Analysis|
|Kerala PSC SI Answer Key|