Table of Contents
Kerala Public Service Commission recruits candidates on the basis of merit to various departments under the Kerala State government. This constitutional body has the headquarters situated at Pattom, Thiruvananthapuram, the State Capital. The Kerala PSC has released the notification for the Fireman Trainee, one of the several jobs requiring a challenging mind for the candidate. They have to work under emergency situations even by risking their life. The notification for this job is active in the KPSC official website. Meanwhile, we are discussing the KPSC Fireman Exam Date.
KPSC Fireman: Exam Details
The notification for the post of Fireman Trainee under the Fire and Rescue Services department was released on 15th October 2019. The online link for submitting the application is active until 20/11/2019.
The aspirants having a Plus Two qualification or equivalent can apply for the post. Those having a Diploma in Computer Application will be added on. Also, for the Physical Efficiency test, some physical parameters are also to be attained. Along with that, the candidate should be proficient in Swimming, meeting the requirements.
The candidates having age within the limit of 18-26 years are eligible for applying. Other Backward Communities (OBC), Scheduled caste converts, and SC/ST candidates are eligible for usual age relaxation according to the government norms.
The salary scale compared to the qualification is appreciably ranging between Rs. 20,000 – 45,800/-.
The exam is having a written test prior to the Physical Efficiency Test (PET) and document verification. The written test is an Objective OMR based exam with 100 questions for 75 minutes. Then successful candidates will be called for physical examination. And, candidates meeting these criteria will be having a PET. Shortlisted candidates after document verification are posted as a trainee. After a successful probation period of three years, they are eligible for regular duty.
Fireman Exam Date
The notification is still active and the date of the examination is still not announced. And following the latest trend in the KPSC exams, we can expect the exam within six months, that is, in 2020 only. The examination date will be provided here, once it is published by the Commission.
Fireman: Job Profile
A Fireman is always ready to help the public in emergency situations. A firefighter has a lot to do for society.
Skills Required are:
- Good communication skills
- Be a part of teamwork
- Practical skills in operating and using tools
- Decision-making skills
- Physical stamina and a high level of physical fitness
- Ability to respond quickly under emergency situations
- Ability to follow instructions and regulations
- Initiative during rescue operations
- Writing reports
Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive fire trucks and other emergency vehicles.
- Test water hoses, fire extinguishers, and pumps.
- Treat sick or injured people in the accident.
- To work for 24 hours or during shifts.
- Prepare and monitor written reports on emergency incidents, the status of the condition, hazards, and risks.
- Prepare and monitor reports.
- Testifying in court when violations occurred and when required.
- Communication with the heads for additional safety support.
- Assess traffic hazards.
- Monitor radio transmissions.
- Conduct fire drills for buildings and to make a report regarding the training and drills.
- Supervise and manage inspection of properties to ensure that they are in compliance with the existing applicable fire codes, ordinances, laws, regulations, and standards.
- Clean and maintain types of equipment in the department.
- Monitor conditions, operation, and other activities.
- Make sure that the amenabilities are being utilized.
- Provide a risk assessment.
- Make the reports regarding safety zones, hot zones, collapse zones, and other hazard areas.
- Direct and command other firefighters in station.
- To carry out maintenance duties in the department.
- Attend training classes during the service period to have an idea about the latest knowledge of methods, laws, ordinances, and regulations.