Table of Contents
Are you looking to become a fireman in Govt service? If so, you need to be aware of the eligibility criteria that must be met in order to apply for the position. In this blog post, we will be discussing the Kerala PSC Fireman Eligibility Criteria 2023 set by the Kerala Public Service Commision, including the age limit and educational qualifications required. Read on to find out more about the eligibility criteria for this position. Read on to find out more!
Kerala PSC Fireman Recruitment 2023: Overview
|Name of recruiting organization
|Kerala Public Service Commission (PSC)
|Name of department
|Fire and Rescue
|Name of post
|Number of vacancies
|As per Notification
|Mode of application
|Mode of recruitment
Kerala PSC Fireman Eligibility Notification 2023
The Kerala Public Service Commission (Kerala PSC) has released an important announcement regarding the eligibility criteria for the upcoming Kerala PSC recruitment process in 2023. The eligibility notification includes detailed information about the educational qualifications, age limit, and other requirements that candidates must meet in order to be considered eligible for the recruitment process. It is important for interested candidates to carefully review the eligibility notification before applying to ensure they meet all the requirements. Download the Kerala PSC Fireman Eligibility Notification 2023 PDF
Kerala PSC Fireman Apply Online 2023: Date, Details
Kerala Public Service Commission (KPSC) has released the official notification for the recruitment of Fireman in the state. The notification was released on August 17, 2023. The application process has already begun on August 17, 2023 and will end on September 20, 2023. The application process includes filling in of the application form, uploading relevant documents, and paying the application fee. Eligible candidates can apply as per their qualifications and age limits prescribed by Kerala PSC. Candidates are required to appear for the written test followed by the physical endurance test. The physical tests include running, jumping, rope climbing, and other physical activities to assess physical fitness. Those who are successful in the written test and physical endurance test will be called in for final interview. The interview will assess communication skills and knowledge about the Fire Service in Kerala. The final selection will depend on the overall performance in the written test, physical endurance test, and interview. This is a great opportunity for those who are interested in working as a Fireman in the state of Kerala. It is highly advised that all candidates read the instructions and guidelines carefully before applying for the post. Best of luck to all the candidates!
Kerala PSC Fireman Eligibility Criteria 2023
The Kerala Public Service Commission (KPSC) has recently made an announcement regarding the eligibility criteria for the post of Fireman in 2023. Aspiring candidates who are interested in applying for the position must meet certain requirements, including age limit and educational qualifications. Candidates who are interested in applying for this position are advised to carefully review the eligibility criteria and ensure that they meet all the requirements before submitting their application. It will ensure that their application is considered by the Kerala PSC and they have a chance to be recruited for the role of Fireman in 2023.
The age limit for the position of Fireman has been set by the KPSC, and candidates must be within the specified age range to be considered for the role.
- 18-26 years.
- Only candidates born between 02.01.1997 and 01.01.2005 (both dates included) are eligible to apply for this post.
- Other Backward Communities, Scheduled Caste converts and SC/ST candidates are eligible for usual age relaxation as provided under sub rule (c) of the Rule 10 of the General rules. Other conditions regarding the age relaxation are not applicable to this post.
The educational qualifications required for the position have also been outlined by the KPSC, and candidates must possess the necessary qualifications to meet the eligibility criteria.
- Pass in Plus Two or its equivalent.
- Preferential : Diploma in Computer Application
- In addition to the qualifications prescribed in the Notification, the qualifications recognized by executive orders or standing orders of Government as equivalent to a qualification specified for a post, in the special rules or found acceptable by the Commission in cases where acceptance of equivalent qualifications is provided for in the rules and such of those qualifications which pre-suppose the acquisition of the lower qualification prescribed for the post, shall also be sufficient for the post. The copy of the Government Orders declaring equivalent/ higher qualifications shall be produced as and when required by the Commission.
Must qualify in any of the five events out of eight events specified below of the National Physical Efficiency, One Star Standard Test.
|(d) Chest Expansion
Visual Standards : (Without Glass)
Must possess the Visual Standards specified below without glasses
|(a) Distant Vision
|(b) Near Vision
|(c) Field of Vision
Kerala PSC Fireman Recruitment 2024: Medical Certificate
Candidates must show a Medical Certificate issued by a Medical Officer not lower than the rank of Civil Surgeon certifying the candidate’s physique, fitness, and capacity for rough outdoor work, as well as visual standards. Candidates must provide original medical certificates in the following formats as requested by the Commission.
The proficiency in swimming will be tested by a practical test conducted by the Commission. The following are the criteria for the swimming test.
- 50 m swimming trial to be completed within two minutes.
- Two minutes floating ability at the deeper side of the swimming pool.
- Candidate must qualify both the events to be considered as qualified in the swimming test.
Physical Efficiency Test
Candidates must qualify in at least 5 out of 8 items in the National physical efficiency One Star Standard test.
|Minimum Standards of Efficiency
|100 Meters run
|Putting the Shot (7264 gms)
|Throwing the Cricket Ball
|Rope Climbing (only with hands)
|Pull Up or Chinning
|1500 Metres Race
|5 minutes and 44 seconds
Note: (a) The Physical Measurement of the candidates will be taken prior to the Physical Efficiency Test and those who do not possess the prescribed Physical Measurements will not be admitted for the Physical Efficiency Test.
(b) If accidents or injuries happen to a candidate while participating in the Physical Efficiency Test, he will not be given further chance to participate in the test.
Other conditions being equal, the Home Guard Volunteers who have completed a tenure of three years in that organizations and who have satisfactorily undergone training in Fire Fighting during the period of tenure shall be treated as having preferential qualification for direct recruitment to this post.
- Every person appointed to the post shall from the date on which he joins duty after he completes the training and examination will be on probation for a period of two years on duty within a continuous period of three years.
Training for a period of 6 months in the State Fire Service Training School or in any other institution as may be fixed, and pass the examination in the subject prescribed for the course.
After the above training six months practical training at a Fire Station and a pass in the examination in the subjects prescribed for the course.
Note:- (i) A written and practical test shall be conducted during the last fortnight of the period of training, those who fail to qualify in either one or both tests shall have their training extended for a further period of one month, at the end of which they shall be tested again in the subjects in which they failed. The Director of Fire & Rescue Services shall allow a third chance to pass the course to all Fire and Rescue Officer recruits who fail at the re-test.
(ii) Seniority among persons recruited direct who have qualified in the test conducted by Fire and Rescue Services Academy shall be determined on the basis of effective advice of the Kerala Public Service Commission and they shall be appointed to service on the basis of seniority list, only after completion of successful training. 22
Person appointed by direct recruitment to the post of Fire and Rescue Officer shall execute a bond , binding himself to service in the department for a period of 7 years and to pay to Government an amount as prescribed by government, in case of failure to serve in the department for the said post.
Kerala PSC Fireman Vacancy 2023: District Wise
Download the Kerala PSC Fireman Vacancy 2023 PDF below.
The Commission has not declared the exact number of Fireman vacancies yet, but aspirants can still apply as there is expected to be a good number of openings.
|Kerala PSC Fireman Vacancy 2024
Kerala PSC Fireman Selection Process 2024
Selection to the post of Fireman 2023 will be made on the basis of a Competitive Test of the Plus Two Standard.
Kerala PSC Fireman Recruitment 2024: Mode of Apply
Kerala PSC Fireman applications can be submitted through a direct recruitment process. To apply, eligible candidates should visit the Kerala Public Service Commission’s website. The form must be filled out and submitted by the deadline specified in the notification.
Kerala PSC Fireman Recruitment 2024: Apply Link
Click on the link below to apply for the Kerala PSC Fireman post
Kerala PSC Fireman 2023 – How to Apply
Are you waiting to apply? Follow the below steps to apply for Fireman Vacancy 2023
- Visit Kerala PSC Website @https://www.keralapsc.gov.in/ or PSC Thulasi Profile
- Read and Download Fireman Notification PDF in detail
- Click on the apply online tab
- Click required vacancy application link
- Enter the Login credentials
- Upload the necessary documents along with the application form
- Paste the recent passport size photo
- Double-check the information which you entered on the application form
- Pay the application fee if required
- Finally, submit the application form and take a printout of the application form
There is no application fee for this post.
- Certificates to prove Educational qualification
- Certificates as proof of age
- Caste Certificate (if required); If the caste of the candidates is wrongly mentioned in their SSLC book, they should claim their original caste in their application and should produce Community/NCLC certificate issued from concerned revenue authority and the gazette notification for the same at the time of certificate verification
- Personal ID card – Aadhar card, PAN card, Driving license( any one)
Candidates shall appear in person for verification of the original documents on the date, time, and venue allotted by the Commission, at their own expense.
Advice to Upload your Photograph
- The photo to be uploaded in Color format
- The face and shoulder of the candidate should be clearly visible
- Photo should be of 200 pixels height and 150 pixels width
- The file size should not exceed 30kb and it should be in JPG format
- The background of the photo should be either light-colored or white in color
- The eyes should be open
- Face should be centrally focused
- Photograph wearing cap goggles, (except cap, veil worn in adherence to religious custom), photographs showing a portion of the face, photo with unclear face shall not be accepted.
Kerala PSC Fireman Salary 2023
Candidates hired for the position of Fireman will be paid between $27,900 and $63,700 per month.
|Kerala PSC Fireman Exam Information Links
|Kerala PSC Fireman Notification
|Kerala PSC Fireman Mock Test
|Kerala PSC Fireman Syllabus
|Kerala PSC Fireman Previous Questions
|Kerala PSC Fireman Exam Date
|Kerala PSC Fireman Study Materials
|Kerala PSC Fireman Application Form
|Kerala PSC Fireman Salary
|Kerala PSC Fireman Vacancy
|Kerala PSC Fireman Job Profile
|Kerala PSC Fireman Admit Card
|Kerala PSC Fireman Answer Key
|Kerala PSC Fireman Study Plan
|Kerala PSC Fireman Preparation Tips
|Kerala PSC Fireman Best Books
|Kerala PSC Fireman Result
|Kerala PSC Fireman Eligibility Criteria
|Kerala PSC Fireman Cut Off
|Kerala PSC Fireman Selection Process
|Kerala PSC Fireman Exam Analysis