Table of Contents
The Kerala Public Service Commission will conduct the Final Plus Two Level Examination in order to recruit candidates to the posts of fireman and firewoman. The examination for the aforesaid recruitment will be held as per the exam calendar. However, when the candidates start to prepare for the examination, it is essential to know the syllabus for the examination in detail. As a matter of fact, the syllabus for the plus two examination is similar to others, but the only difference lies in the topics related to the post. So, it is necessary to have a clear idea of the entire syllabus along with the topic wise mark distribution to ace the examination with ease. Check out the complete article for details about Kerala PSC Fireman Syllabus 2021. Also get to download PDF of the same.
Kerala PSC Fireman Syllabus 2021
The final examination for the Kerala PSC Fireman Selection will be done through the plus two level exam held by the Kerala Public Service Commission. As the date of the examination is just around the corner, candidates must go through the syllabus for the aforesaid exam in detail. The question paper will consist of topics from the following sections- General Knowledge, Current Affairs, Simple Arithmetic and Reasoning, General English, Regional Language – Kannada, Tamil, Malayalam and Special topics related to the post. Each of the topics is important as it carries a certain weightage. Therefore, it is advised that the candidates go through each topic while preparing for the examination.
Fireman/ Firewoman Exam Pattern
|1||General Knowledge||History- 5 marks
Geography – 5 marks
Economics – 5 marks
Indian Constitution – 8 marks
Kerala – 3 marks
Biology and General Health – 4 marks
Physics -3 marks
Chemistry -3 marks
Arts, sports, literature, culture – 4 marks
|2||Current Affairs||10 marks|
|3||Simple Arithmetic and Reasoning||10 marks|
|4||General English||10 marks|
|5||Regional Language – Kannada, Tamil, Malayalam||10 marks|
|6||Special topics related to the post||20 marks|
Detailed Syllabus for Kerala PSC Fireman / Firewoman
As per the notification released by the Kerala Public Service Commission the final examination for the Fireman and FIrewoman Trainee in Fire and Rescue Services corresponding to Category Number 139/2019, 359/2019, 245/2020 will be held soon. Check out the detailed , topic wise syllabus for the Kerala PSC Fireman or Firewoman post.
- History (Kerala, Indian and World)- The arrival of Europeans, contribution of Europeans, history of Travancore (from Marthanda Varma to Sri Chithira Tirunal), socio-religious reform movements, basic facts about Kerala, World Wars, United Nations Organization, etc
- Geography -composition of earth, geography of India, rivers and lakes, global warming, topographic maps, oceans, types of pollution, mountain ranges, flora and fauna, transportation facilities, energy sources
- Economics – Five year plans, planning commission, NITI Ayog,financial institutions and related events.
- Indian Constitution – Preamble, fundamental rights, fundamental duties, human rights, panjayati raj, union list, state list and concurrent list, etc
- Kerala – State civil service, government institutions, commissions, disaster management authority, social welfare, etc
- Biology and General Health – human body and functions, vitamins and minerals, microorganisms, communicable diseases, lifestyle diseases, environment and related issues.
- Physics – Branches of physics, motion, laws of motion, units and measurements, projectile motion, accomplishments of ISRO, light, lens, numerical problems, reflection, refraction, multiple reflection, dispersion, sound, mass, friction and types, force and types, archimedes principle, pascal’s law, temperature, types of thermometers, work, power, etc
- Chemistry – Atom, molecule, elements, periodic table, chemical reactions, metals and non metals, acids, bases, etc
- Arts, sports, literature, culture – books and authors, crafts and art, paintings and sculptures, places famous for art, awards and recipients, malayalam cinema, major festivals and related celebrations, sports, olympics, paralympics, national games, etc
Simple Arithmetic and Reasoning
- Numbers and Basic Operations
- Fraction and Decimal Numbers
- Profit and Loss
- Simple and Compound Interest
- Ratio and Proportion
- Time and Distance
- Time and Work
- Laws of Exponents
- Problems on Mathematics Signs
- Analogy- Word Analogy, Alphabet Analogy, Number Analogy
- Odd man out
- Coding and Decoding
- Family Relations
- Sense of Direction
- Time and Angles
- Time in a clock and its reflection
- Date and Calendar
- Clerical Ability
- Types of Sentences and Interchange of Sentences.
- Different Parts of Speech.
- Agreement of Subject and Verb.
- Articles – The Definite and the Indefinite Articles.
- Uses of Primary and Modal Auxiliary Verbs
- Tag Questions
- Infinitive and Gerunds
- Tenses in Conditional Sentences
- The Use of Correlatives
- Direct and Indirect Speech
- Active and Passive voice
- Correction of Sentences
- Singular & Plural
- Change of Gender
- Collective Nouns
- Word formation from other words and use of prefix or suffix
- Compound words
- Phrasal Verbs
- Foreign Words and Phrases
- One Word Substitutes
- Confusing words
- Spelling Test
- Idioms and their Meanings
- Word Purity / Correct Word
- Correct Sentence
- One Word / Single Word / One Word Substitution
- Idioms and Proverbs
- Equivalent Word
- Join the Word
- Feminine Gender
- Masculine Gender
- Sort and Write
- Correct Word
- Correct Structure of Sentence
- Single Word
- Antonyms / Opposite
- Phrases and Proverbs
- Equal Word
- Join the Word
- Gender Classification – Feminine, Masculine
- Singular, Plural
- Adding Phrases
- Sentence/ word restructuring
- One word substitution
- Idioms and phrases
- Proverbs and meanings
- Singular and plural
- Masculine and feminine
- Join the word
Special topics related to the post
- Basic Concepts- Combustion, Temperature and Heat, Fire Triangle
- Chemistry of Heat and combustion:- Heat capacity, Specific heat capacity, Latent heat of fusion, Latent heat of vaporisation, Sublimation, Melting point, Boiling point, Flash point, Fire point, Ignition temperature, Method of heat transfer (Conduction, Radiation, MSDS-LPG, Ammonia, Chlorine.
- Method of Fire extinction:- Starvation, smothering/Blanketing, Cooling, Fire Extinguishing agents, Suitability of Extinguishing Medias.
- Fire Extinguishers :- Types of Fire Extinguishers, PASS
- First Aid- Concept -Important Organisations and Persons
- Human body, Respiration, Breathing Pulse, Circulation & Skeletal system
- Resuscitation methods CAB/ABC rule Mouth to Mouth Resuscitation CPR – Concept and Procedure AED
- Choking and its first aid measures
- Cuts and Wounds, Amputation and its first aid measures
- Bleeding and its first aid measures
- Burns, Scalds, Frostbite and its first aid measures
- Fractures, Types of fractures and its first aid measures
- Snake bite and its first aid measures
The Information Technology Act, 2000
- Section 43 Penalty and Compensation for damage to computer, computer system, etc.
- Section 43A Compensation for failure to protect data.
- Section 65 Tampering with computer source documents.
- Section 66 Computer related offences
- Section 66B Punishment for dishonestly receiving stolen computer resources or communication devices.
- Section 66C Punishment for identity theft.
- Section 66D Punishment for cheating by personation by using computer resources.
- Section 66E Punishment for violation of privacy.
- Section 66F Punishment for cyber terrorism.
- Section 67 Punishment for publishing or transmitting obscene material in electronic form.
- Section 67A Punishment for publishing or transmitting material containing sexually explicit act, etc in electronic form
- Section 67B Punishment for publishing or transmitting material depicting children in sexually explicit act, etc in electronic form
- Section 72 Penalty for breach of confidentiality and privacy.
- Section 77B Offences with 3 years imprisonment to be bail able.
Kerala PSC Fireman Syllabus Download
To successfully download the official PDF of the Kerala PSC Fireman/ Firewoman, all you must do is click on the link below.
As the exam date is nearing, we urge all the aspiring candidates to give their best to complete the exam preparation in style. Try out as many mock tests and previous year question papers as possible before appearing for the examination. Cover the entire syllabus and devote some time for revision of various topics. We wish Good Luck to all!