Kerala State Public Service Commission (KPSC) has invited applications from eligible candidates towards the post of Food safety officer. Graduates can submit their application to the position before 05th February 2020. Applications must be submitted online only through the official website of the Kerala Public Service Commission after ‘ONE TIME REGISTRATION’. This article deals with the Kerala PSC Food Safety Officer Job Profile, which consists of roles and responsibilities of the food safety officer, salary, pattern of examination, etc.
Category No: 499/2019
|2||Name of the Post||Food Safety Officer|
|3||Scale of Pay||Rs. 10300/- and Rs. 78,910/|
|Number of vacancy||Anticipatory Vacancies|
NB : 3% of the vacancies for the post shall be reserved for differently abled candidates with Locomotor disability / Cerebral palsy, Hearing Impairment, Low Vision as per G.O. (P).No.1/13/SJD dated 03.01.2013.
Last date for submission of application: 05.02.2020, Wednesday upto 12.00 midnight. The job location is across the state Kerala.
Duties of Kerala PSC Food Safety Officer – Job Profile
The major duties to be performed by the Food Safety Officer are: ensuring that the food products are safe for consumers, inspecting food processing facilities and procedures to ensure that regulations are being followed and can conduct sample test of food products. Food safety officers can file complaints if there is any problem in the quality and processing of food. They may have to perform the duty as an employee of an independent authority, like the Food Drug Administration (FDA) or work for companies that create and process food products.
Food safety officers play important role in collecting samples of food products from various places and companies, seizing harmful food products, inspecting suspicious food-producing premise, issuing notice for any hazardous food products or raw materials and destroying them, acting against the producers, distributors and sellers of harmful food materials, etc. under his concerned area.
Food Safety Officer Salary
Kerala PSC Food Safety Officer should be capable of good organizational skills so that they can prioritize their duties and can assign other significant roles to the staffs or team members. They should possess the capacity to make efficient decisions in the investigation and further procedures. They also need communication skills to produce reports or inform staff of their findings and recommendations. Regarding the duties served by the Food Safety Officer job profile will be given a decent salary by the State Government. The salary of the Kerala PSC Food Safety Officer job profile ranges between Rs. 10300/- and Rs. 78,910/.
Qualification of Food Safety Officer
Candidates who have Degree in Food Technology or Dairy Technology or Biotechnology or Oil Technology or Agricultural Science or Veterinary Science or Microbiology or Biochemistry or Master’s degree in Chemistry or degree in Medicine from any recognized University or its equivalent qualifications are eligible for the Kerala PSC Food Safety Officer job profile.
- The selected candidates will have to undergo training successfully as specified by the Food Authority in a recognized Institute or Institution approved for the purpose during the period of probation.
- Candidates who claim equivalent qualification instead of qualification mentioned in the Notification shall produce the relevant Government order to prove the equivalency at the time of verification, then only such qualification shall be treated as equivalent to the prescribed qualification concerned.
Age Limit of Food Safety Officer
Kerala PSC has decided the age limit for the Food Safety Officer post should be in between 18 -36 years.
- Candidates born between 02.01.1983 and 01.01.2001( both dates are included) are only eligible to apply for this post with usual age relaxations to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Other backward communities.
Mode of Submitting Applications
- Candidates must register as per ONE TIME REGISTRATION with the official Website of Kerala Public Service Commission www.keralapsc.gov.in before applying for the post. Candidates who have registered can apply by login on to their profile using their User-ID and password.
- No application fee is required. Candidates must note down the User-ID for further communication with the commission. Application once submitted is received as provisional.
- If written/OMR/Online Test is conducted as part of this selection, candidates shall submit a confirmation for writing the examination through their One Time Registration Profile. Such candidates alone can generate and download the Admission Tickets in the last 15 days till the date of examination. The applications of candidates who do not submit confirmation within the stipulated period will be rejected absolutely.
Exam pattern of Food Safety Officer
- The examination will be in Objective type multiple choice, within 1 hour 15 minutes.
- A total of 100 questions will be in the question paper, each right answer carries one mark and 0.33 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- The medium of examination will be in English only.
Kerala PSC Food Safety Officer Exam date
The examination for the Kerala PSC Food Safety Officer job profile is expected to be on 20th May 2020. Candidates who have applied for the exam should submit their confirmation in the website. The confirmation for the exam submission date starts from 21st February 2020 and ends by 11th March 2020.
Kerala PSC Food Safety Officer Syllabus
The Kerala PSC Food Safety Officer examination contains 10 main topics. The main topics are:
4.Food Safety and Allied Laws
5.Nutritional Biochemistry and Food Analysis
6.Microbiological, Biotechnological and Medical aspects
8.Constitution and Civil Rights
9.Mental Ability and Test of Reasoning
10. Logical Ability
Kindly check out this link for the detailed syllabus of Kerala PSC Food Safety Officer Food Safety Officer Detailed Syllabus.
This will be all from our end at Entri, hope you will be benefited from this article. We wish you all the best for your upcoming examinations. Begin your preparations with proper time management techniques and attempt mock tests too.