For integrated and egalitarian society education institutions are inevitable in society. Intensive and continuous efforts were necessary for the upliftment of the society. For upbringing such a society we need a group of dedicated and passionate teachers. For maintaining close contact between the teachers and the pupils, activity and experience-based learning is required. To hire teachers with a passion towards this profession it is necessary to test their aptitude towards teaching. Here we are discussing some of the questions from the Education Psychology, and teachers aptitude. These LP UP Assistant Psychology questions will help you to score better in the upcoming tests. Candidates can learn these questions for teaching aptitude tests too.
LP UP Assistant Psychology Questions
In both LP Assistant, and UP Assistant exams conducted by the Kerala PSC, we can expect 20 questions from Paedagogy and Psychology session. In that, we can expect questions from Academic Aptitude, Psychological Foundations of Education, Aptitude of Teaching, etc. Let’s have a quick look at some of these questions.
LP UP Assistant Educational Psychology
- The basic subject-matter of Psychology is:
(a) Soul (b) Mind (c) Human (d) Behaviour
- “The intelligence is based upon Hereditary”, who proposed this principle?
(a) Yerks (b) Skinner (c) Binet (d) Spearman
- Which one of the following factor does not influence the child’s development?
(a) Species (b) Culture (c) Achievement (d) Growth
- Which of the following factors crucially influences the child’s development?
(a) Heredity (b) School (c) Peer-group (d) Birthplace
- Generally, the child’s brain attains its maturity at the age of ……….
(a) Three years (b) Six Years (c) Nine Years (d) 12 years
Ans: Six Years
- The duration of infancy in the process of child development is :
(a) From womb to birth (b) From birth to 5 years (c) From 5 years to 12 years (d) From 12 years to 21 years
Ans: From birth to 5 years
- Which of the following scientists is famous for making contributions in the field of individual psychology?
(a) Galton (b) Anastasi (c) Freeman (d) Thorndike
- 25. Learning disabilities may occur due to all of the following except
(a) Mental Retardation (b) Meningitis during infancy (c) Teachers way of teaching (d) Prenatal use of alcohol
Ans: Mental Retardation
- The expanded form of ECCE is:
(a) Extensive Centre for Child Education (b) Effective Child Care and Education (c) Education and Care for Children Everywhere (d) Early Childhood Care and Education
Ans: Early Childhood Care and Education
- An individual concluding how the mind works, through self-examination of how he has been thinking and feeling, is known as:
(a) interpretation (b) perception (c) introspection (d) free association
- Sibling, Parents, and teachers are important sources of ……………. for the children
(a) motivation (b) information (c) opinion (d) attitudes
- You want to motivate your pupils to work harder. Which of the following steps do you think will be the most effective?
(a) Exhibit the graphs of the results of continuous evaluation and appreciate even the little progress we made by any (b) Exhibit the graphs of the results of continuous evaluation and make special mention of those who do not show any progress (c) Highlight the failures of low achievers by contrasting it with the success of high achievers (d) Report cases or low achievements to the parents concerned.
Ans: Exhibit the graphs of the results of continuous evaluation and appreciate even the little progress we made by any
- “The task of education is the transmission of culture and securing conditions for its further enrichment” is the viewpoint of:
(a) Idealists (b) Realists (c) Pragmalists (d) Naturalists
- The prime aim of education according to the Vivekanada’s philosophy is:
(a) Physical development of the child (b) Mental Development of the child (c) Social development of the child (d) Fullness of perfection already present in the child
Ans: Fullness of perfection already present in the child
- The most important function of education is:
(a) Economic Development (b) Industrial Development (c) Human Resource Development (d) Political Development
Ans: Industrial Development
- The view that “Anything can be taught at any stage of development” was expressed by:
(a) Piaget (b) Ausubel (c) Bruner (d) Gagne
LP UP Assistant Psychology Session Mock Test Set: 1
- Which school of psychology holds the view that education is nothing but guidance meant for the development of self-concept. (a) Humanistic (b) Psycho-analytic (c) Behaviouralistic (d) Structuralist
- The chief-exponent of the school of thought on Non-executive counselling is: (a) Williamson (b) Truman Kelley (c) Carl-Rogers (d) C.C Dunsmoor
- The “clean slate theory” is a phrase that indicates: (a) Utter backwardness of child (b) Complete innocence of the child (c) Absence of crime among the students (d) The student’s ability to give a neat description
- Who is the father of educational guidance? (a) Truman Kelley (b) Frank Parson (c) Dunsmoor (d) A.J Jones
- Who made the following remarks, ” Anything can be taught to anybody in an intellectually honest way”. (a) Bruner (b) Vygotsky (c) Syrenik (d) Jean Piaget
- Which of the philosophical school is the oldest? (a) Naturalism (b) Idealism (c) Realism (d) Pragmatism
- Who among the following was the strong advocate of pragmatism? (a) William James (b) Pierce (c) John Dewey (d) Huxley
- Which one of the following is correctly matched?
(a) Social Development – Environment (b) Emotional Development – Maturation (c) Physical Development – Environment (d) Cognitive Development – Maturation
- Who among the following introduced, “Unitary/ Monarchy/ Single-factor Theory”? (a) Dr Johnson (b) John Dewey (c) A. L Ross (d) John Locke
- Bloom’s taxonomy is a hierarchical organisation of…………. (a) reading skills (b) cognitive objectives (c) achievement goals (d) Curricular declarations
Mock Test Answers
- Carl Rogers
- Utter backwardness of the child
- Truman Kelley
- John Dewey
- Social Development – Environment
- Dr Johnson
- reading skills
Mock Test- 2
- The exponent of Phenomenaalism, which was an offshoot of idealistic philosophy was: (a) Bishop Berkely (b) Aristotle (c) Immanuel Kant (d) Plato
- “Learning by doing”, and “Problem Solving” is the watchword of (a) Pragmatism (b) Idealism (c) Naturalism (d) Realism
- Montessori Method, Forbel’s kindergarten, Tagore’s Shanti Niketan, and Neill’s Summerhill are the result of which philosophic movement? (a) Positivism (b) Existentialism (c) Idealism (d) Naturalism
- “Academy” was the school established by the philosopher: (a), Aristotle (b) Socrates (c) Plato (d) Rousseau
- ” No one can teach anyone else, no one learns alone, people learn together, acting in and on their world” Whos said this? (a) Maria Montessori (b) Paulo Friere (c) John Locke (d) Plato
- If a teacher has to prove his credibility in the evaluation of answer booklets, then he/ she should be: (a) dutiful (b) regular (c) impartial (d) impatient
- In order to ensure moral freedom in the younger generation, the school culture must: (a) be binding on students so that they should be within its limits (b) not be a binding chart, but on ladder on which they may climb (c) ensure that children avoid abuse of authority and stick to it (d) not allow deviations from the legitimate restrictions of the authority
- The most effective method to improve retention is to make the subject matter (a) interesting (b) lengthy (c) flowery (d) meaningful
- Over learning is the term used to describe a practice that continues after a perfect: (a) recall (b) retention (c) recognition (d) none
- Which of the following is not a characteristic of a creative person? (a) He/ She is mild and less self-assertive (b) He/ She prefers complexity and some degree of an apparent imbalance in phenomena (c) He/ She is more independent in his/ her judgements (d) He/ She is more complex psychodynamically and has greater personal scope.
Mock Test Answers
- Immanuel Kant
- Paulo Freire
- not be a binding chart, but on ladder on which they may climb
- He/ She is mild and less self-assertive
Entri wishes you all the best for your upcoming examinations. Start your Preparation today itself. Entri will help you with thousands of questions. Attempt mock tests, analyze yourselves to improve your success rate.
|KTET Coaching||Kerala PSC LP UP Assistant Coaching||Kerala PSC Lecturer in Diet Coaching|
|Kerala PSC HSST Exam Preparation||Kerala PSC HSA Exam Preparation||EMRS Coaching|