New India Assurance Company Limited, a Mumbai-based Public Sector General Insurance Company was established in the year 1919 by Sir Dorabji Tata and nationalized in the year 1973. It operates in India as well as abroad. It has been given the rate AAA/STABLE by CRISIL indicating the highest degree of credit strength. It is the only direct insurer in India that has been rated A by AM Best, which indicates its strength.
Every year New India Assurance Company Limited conducts the NIACL Assistant Exam for the recruitment of Class III Assistants. The candidates are generally selected after testing them over two phases of the exam. Previously, it had vacancies for 685 posts, and the range varies close to this. The exam is usually conducted once a year and is in online mode. Updates for the 2022 recruitment drive are yet to be released, with expected dates soon for the release of notification. NIACL Assistant official notification is not released yet. Complete information and details on the Tentative Exam Dates, Pattern of Exam, Eligibility Criteria, Syllabus, Salary, etc can be found in this article of NIACL Assistant recruitment notification so that a candidate who aspires to take the exam this year can start preparing right away.
NIACL Assistant Notification 2022: Overview
Here are the complete details regarding the NIACL Assistant recruitment 2022. The NIACL Assistant recruitment notification for the year 2022 is not yet released. The candidates can refer to all other details regarding the exam here. Once, the notification is released, the exam details for the year 2022 will be updated here.
|Name||NIACL Assistant Notification|
|Conducted by||New India Assurance Company Ltd.|
|Frequency||Once a year|
|Application Start Date||To be notified|
|Application Last Date||To be notified|
|No of Vacancies||To be notified|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Duration||Prelims Exam – 1 Hour
Mains Exam – 2 Hours
|Fee||General/OBC – ₹600
SC/ST/PWD/Ex-Servicemen – ₹100
|Purpose||Recruitment of Class III Cadre Assistant|
|Mode of Selection||Prelims
|Helpdesk No.||022-22708100 022-22708400|
NIACL Assistant Exam Important Dates 2022(Tentative)
Let us look at the NIACL assistant 2022 important dates and exam schedule.
- The NIACL Assistant 2022 application form has released through online mode on August 23, 2022, and the last date to submit an application is September 15, 2022.
- The admit card for NIACL Assistant 2022 preliminary online test will be issued to the eligible candidates in November 2022.
- NIACL Assistant 2022 preliminary online-based test will be conducted in November 2022.
- The result of the NIACL assistant prelims exam will be released through online mode by end of December 2022.
- The admit card for the main exam is to be issued to the candidates, who qualify for the preliminary exam. The main exam will be expected to be held in January 2023.
|NIACL Assistant 2022 Notification||Date|
|NIACL assistant application form 2022||August 2022|
|Last date to apply for NIACL Assistant 2022||September 2022|
|NIACL Assistant Admit Card 2022||November 2022|
|NIACL Assistant 2022 exam date – Prelims||November 2022|
|NIACL Assistant Result 2022- Prelims||December 2022|
|NIACL Assistant Mains Exam Date||January 2023|
NIACL Assistant Vacancies 2022
The official NIACL Assistant 2022 notification is yet to be released. However, the organizing body hired a total number of 653 candidates for various disciplines for the year 2018. Once the official notification is out we will update this space with discipline and category-wise vacancies. Meanwhile, candidates can take a look at the 2018 vacancy.
Check Category-wise Vacancies (Provisional) here:
Check Category-wise backlog vacancies here:
NIACL Assistant Salary Scale 2022
- The initial salary of a NIACL Assistant in hand is ₹23,500 in a metro city, with several allowances like Newspapers, Leave, etc.
- As per the notification of NIACL, they are eligible for a pay scale of ₹ 14435-840(1)-15275-915(2)-17105-1030(5)-22255-1195(2)-24645-1455(3)-29010-1510(2)-32030-1610(5)-40080.
- Several sessions of training are imparted to the candidates after the selection for learning about partial aspects of banking.
NIACL Assistant Increments
- You have to clear 3 exams – Licentiate, Associate, and Fellowship. The increment is at each step individually.
- An increment of an amount of ₹1550 is applicable after completion of the Fellowship.
- Position depending allowances are also available in the post.
NIACL Assistant Other Benefits
- Accommodation Benefits in Metro Cities.
- A good number of leaves, that includes casual leave, Sick Leave, etc.
- A 5-day/week job with less workload and decent life with no pressure from the Boss.
NIACL Assistant Eligibility 2022
Before the candidates fill out the application form for the recruitment process, they can check the NIACL Assistant eligibility criteria. The age limit expected for the application of this position is 21 to 30. The criteria for eligibility are discussed below:
The Age Limit (Expected) for NIACL Assistant is 21-30 Years
Applicants can also get age relaxation, depending on the category to which they belong.
|Categories||NIACL Assistant Age Relaxation|
|Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe||5 Years|
|Other Backward Class (Eligible for Reservation)||3 Years|
|Person with Disability||10 Years|
|Widows, Divorced women, and women legally separated 5 years from their husbands who have not remarried||5 Years|
|Persons ordinarily domiciled in the Kashmir Division of the 6 State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period 1-1-80 to 31- 5 years 12-89.||5 Years|
|Existing Employees of The New India Assurance Company Limited.||5 Years|
Here are the educational eligibility criteria to apply for the NIACL Assistant 2022 exam.
- Minimum Educational Qualification – Graduation in any discipline from a Govt recognized University.
- Candidates should have passed in English as one of the subjects in SSC / HSC / Intermediate / Graduation level.
- The candidate should have a certificate in proof of passing the qualifying exam as of the date of application registration.
- Knowledge of the Regional Language of the State for which a candidate applies is essential.
Proficiency in the Regional Language of the State/UT (Candidates should know to read, write and speak the Regional Language of the State/UT against the vacancies for which a candidate wishes to apply, is essential. (To ascertain the candidate’s familiarity with the Regional Language of the State/UT, a language test will be conducted before final selection. Candidates not found to be proficient in the Regional Language Test would be disqualified.
A candidate applying for company recruitment must be either: —
(a) a citizen of India
(b) the subject of Nepal,
(c) the subject of Bhutan,
(d) a Tibetan refugee who came to India before 1 January 1962, with the intention of permanently settling in India or of permanently settling in India.
(e) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Burma, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Kenya, Uganda, the countries of East Africa, the United States of America, the Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India, provided that an applicant belonging to categories (b), (c), (d), and (e) is a person for whom a certificate of eligibility has been issued, by the Govt of India
NIACL Assistant Application Form 2022
Here we provide the detailed steps to apply online for the NIACL Assistant 2022 recruitment. Follow the steps and apply for the exam only in the online mode.
NIACL Assistant Registration 2022
- Candidates visit the NIACL website.
- In the “NIACL Assistant Recruitment 2022” Section, click on the “APPLY ONLINE” tab which will open a new screen.
- Click the “CLICK HERE FOR NEW REGISTRATION” tab.
- Provide the details such as your Name, Contact details, Email-id, mobile number, etc.
- After the completion of the NIACL Assistant 2022 registration process, a Provisional Registration Number and Password will be sent to your registered mobile number and email ID.
NIACL Assistant 2022 Online Application Form Filling Process
- Start to fill your NIACL Assistant 2022 online form. Provide details of your category, Religion, etc.
- Enter your educational qualification, address, etc.
- On each page, Save your application by clicking the “VALIDATE YOUR DETAILS” and “SAVE & NEXT” options.
- Upload the scanned documents as per the correct format and procedure.
- Click the Preview Tab to preview and verify the entire application form before “FINAL SUBMIT”.
- Change the details, if needed, and click on “FINAL SUBMIT” after verifying that the photograph, declaration, left thumb, sign uploaded, and other details filled by you are correct.
Scanned Documents to be Uploaded
Here we have mentioned the documents that are to be scanned and uploaded in the NIACL Assistant apply online form. Also, check the important points to be noted in regards to the documents to be scanned and uploaded in the online form.
- The photograph must be a recent color passport size photo.
- Photographs should be taken against a light-colored, preferably white, background.
- Your face must be clearly and fully visible in the photo. Avoid shadows and don’t wear caps, hats, and dark glasses. If you wear religious headwear, ensure that it does not cover your face.
- If you have to use flash, ensure there’s no “red-eye”. Also, if you wear glasses make sure that there are no reflections and your eyes can be clearly seen.
- The handwritten declaration should be written in English only.
- Signature and Handwritten declaration in CAPITAL LETTERS shall NOT be accepted.
The signature will be used to put on the admit card and wherever necessary. If the Applicant’s signature on the attendance sheet or Call letter, signed at the time of the examination, does not match the signature uploaded, the applicant will be disqualified. The text for the handwritten declaration is as follows:
“I, (Name of the candidate), hereby declare that all the information submitted by me in the application form is correct, true and valid. I will present the supporting documents as and when required”.
|Document to be Scanned||File Size||Preferred Dimensions|
|Photograph (4.5 cm x 3.5 cm)||20 kb – 50 kb||200 x 230 pixels|
|Signature (on white paper with black ink)||10 kb – 20 kb||140 x 60 pixels|
|Left thumb Impression (on white paper with black or blue ink)||10 kb – 20 kb||140 x 60 pixels|
|Hand Written Declaration (On white paper with black ink)||20 kb – 50 kb||140 x 60 pixels|
NIACL Assistant Application Fee
While applying for the NIACL Assistant Recruitment, the candidates will have to make a payment of an application fee. To pay the application fee, you can make use of various methods like debit cards, credit cards, internet banking, mobile wallets, etc. Candidates, take into note that this application fee is non-refundable.
|SC/ST/PWD/EX·SER||Rs. 100/-(Intimation Charges only)|
|Other than SC/ST/PWD/EX·SER||Rs. 600/- (Application fee including Intimation Charges)|
Apply Online Link
NIACL Assistant Exam Pattern 2022
- Penalty for incorrect Answers is applicable to both Preliminary and Main examinations.
- For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate, one-fourth of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as a penalty to arrive at the corrected score. No marks will be deducted for un-attempted questions.
- In case of equal marks scored by the last two or more candidates in the merit list, the candidate senior most in age will be shortlisted for further process of recruitment.
NIACL Assistant Prelims Exam Pattern 2022
The complete details of the NIACL Assistant Prelims exam pattern is here:
- Prelims exam has 3 sections – Test of English Language, Test of Reasoning, and Test of Numerical Ability.
- The exam consists of sectional timing (20 minutes for each section).
- Total number of questions – 100
- Maximum score – 100
Candidates will have to pass in each section by scoring minimum sectional cut off marks to be decided by the Company. An adequate number of candidates state-wise and category-wise as decided by the Company will be shortlisted for the Main Examination.
|Section||Number of Questions||Marks||Time|
|Test of English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|Test of Reasoning||35||35||20 minutes|
|Test of Numerical Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
NIACL Assistant Mains Exam Pattern 2022
The NIACL Assistant mains exam pattern 2022 details are:
- The mains exam will have 5 sections as mentioned in the table.
- No sectional timing will be provided.
- Total marks – 250
Each candidate will have to secure a minimum total score (as decided by the Company) in the main examination. Candidates qualifying in the Online Main Examination will be shortlisted and called for Regional Language Test, before final selection.
|Section||Number of Questions||Marks||Time|
|Test of English Language||40||50||Composite Time 120 minutes|
|Test of Reasoning||40||50|
|Test of Numerical Ability||40||50|
|Test of General Awareness||40||50|
|Total marks obtained as above shall be proportionately reduced to a base of 35 marks|
NIACL Assistant Syllabus 2022
As mentioned in the exam pattern section above, The NIACL Assistant exam aspirants would need to prepare the topics from 5 sections – Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability, English Language, General Awareness & Computer Knowledge. We will look at the syllabus topics of each of these sections one by one:
NIACL Assistant Syllabus 2022: Quantitative Aptitude
|Approximation||Problems on Age|
|Data Sufficiency||Time & Work|
|Miscellaneous||Time & Distance|
|Percentage||Problems on Trains|
|Profit & Loss||Permutation, Combination & Probability|
|Simple & Compound Interest||Mensuration|
|Ratio & Proportion||Data Interpretation|
NIACL Assistant Syllabus 2022: Reasoning Ability
|Alpha – Numeric – Number Series||Input-Output|
|Analytical Decision Making||Syllogism|
|Blood Relations||Seating Arrangements|
|Coding & Decoding||Puzzle|
|Direction & Distance||Scheduling|
NIACL Assistant Syllabus 2022: English Language
|Active & Passive Voice||Joining Sentences|
|Error Correction||Sentence Improvement|
|Error Spotting||Sentence Arrangement|
|Fill in the Blanks||Synonyms|
|Idioms and Phrases||Substitution|
NIACL Assistant Syllabus 2022: General Awareness
|History of Banking||Committees and heads|
|Banking activities & Updates||Books and their Authors|
|Bank Acts and functions||Agriculture|
|Banking Terms||Current Affairs of the last six months|
|Fiscal and Monetary Policies||International Economy|
|Awards and Honours||Marketing|
|Countries and their Currencies||Industry|
NIACL Assistant Syllabus 2022: Computer Awareness
|Fundamentals of Computer||MS Office|
|History of Computer||Shortcuts|
NIACL Assistant Exam Preparation Tips 2022
Here we have provided some important exam preparation tips to crack NIACL Assistant 2022.
- Follow the updated NIACL Assistant syllabus 2022.
- Prepare with good-quality study materials. Utilize NIACL Assistant Free PDF study materials for all sections.
- Improve your grammar knowledge. It is the base to score marks in the Test of English Language.
- For the test of numerical ability, practice more short-cut methods, mental calculation tricks, etc.
- Study computer knowledge topics in a daily manner.
- Give more importance to all the topics of general awareness.
- For the test of Reasoning section, practice is more important to gain speed.
- Take NIACL Assistant mock test series to upgrade your performance in the real exam.
- Practice with previous year question papers.
- Take NIACL Assistant Online Quiz to improve your accuracy.
Tips for Quantitative Ability
- Practice all levels of questions focussing more on the difficulty level.
- Properly understand the concepts, especially of Ratios.
- Try to increase your calculation speed with no reduction in accuracy.
- Don’t mug up the formulae. Understand them, and practice frequently.
Tips for Logical Reasoning
- Focus more on Puzzles and Seating Arrangement type questions as they have a high probability to come in Exam.
- For coding-decoding questions, keep practicing a new pattern of questions to increase your experience.
- Understand the basics clearly before proceeding to tough level questions.
Tips for the English language
- Read the newspaper daily, and make a precise editorial section daily.
- Learn 10 new words daily to increase your vocabulary.
- Strengthen your grammar section to score more in exams.
Tips for General Awareness
- Go through static GK once, and keep revising it from time to time.
- Go through one-liners regularly to gain more knowledge.
- Read the newspaper daily as it’ll improve your English and help you get more knowledge about the world as well.
Tips for Computer Knowledge
- Make yourself clear with the basics.
- If possible, study one chapter every day for this section.
- Attempt quizzes on a daily basis.
- The syllabus is not very vast, and high scores can be achieved. So, try to make this section your strength.
NIACL Assistant Exam Centres 2022
Here is the tentative list of NIACL Assistant exam centers for prelims and mains exams. The company reserves the right to change the Centre and dates of Examinations. In case, if the exam is canceled at any center, the Company may allow an alternative center for the candidates. Separate admit cards will be released for Tier 1 & Tier 2 exams. Candidates will not be allowed at the exam centers without the Call Letters.
If sufficient numbers of candidates do not opt for a particular center, then the company reserves the right to allot any other adjacent center to those candidates. Also, if the number of candidates is more than the capacity available for an online exam for a center, Company reserves the right to allot any other center to the candidate.
|11.||Andaman & Nicobar||Port Blair|
|25.||Jammu & Kashmir||Jammu,
Mumbai/Thane/ Navi Mumbai,
NIACL Assistant Selection Process 2022
The NIACL Assistant recruitment 2022 selection process involves 3 rounds:
- Regional Language Test
From the prelims exam, candidates will be shortlisted for the mains examination. Then the candidates who clear the mains exam will be called for the Regional Language Test. No separate marks will be awarded for Regional Language Test. This test will be only qualifying in nature. The Final Merit List state-wise and category-wise will be in descending order of the marks scored by the candidates in the Online Mains Exam subject to qualifying in the Regional Language Test. Candidates who fall within the number of vacancies in the merit list shall be considered for appointment subject to Medical Fitness.
The probation period for newly appointed employees will be for a minimum of 6 months. Before the probation period comes to an end their performance will be evaluated. In case the performance of the candidates fails to meet Company’s expectations, their probation period may be extended. Candidates resigning from the Company during the probationary period and candidates whose services are terminated by the Company during the probationary period shall be liable to pay the amount equivalent to the salary paid and an amount of Rs. 25,000/- towards partial cost of training. No lien/bond executed to retain a substantive post with the present employer will be binding upon the Company and no leave, Salary, or Pension Contribution will be made.
NIACL Assistant Admit Card 2022
NIACL Assistant admit card will be released before the exam date. The candidates can visit the official website for more info regarding the releasing of the admit card. Once, the admit card is officially out, the candidates can refer this page – NIACL Assistant Admit Card 2022 to download the admit card as soon as it is released. Follow these steps to download the admit card from the official website
- Visit the official Website of NIACL.
- Go to the recruitment section.
- Click on NIACL Assistant 2022 Admit Card.
- Enter your Registration No. and Date of Birth
- Click on Submit Button.
- Admit Cards will be displayed on Screen.
- Download it and take its printout.
NIACL Assistant Answer Key 2022
NIACL Assistant Answer key 2022 will be released after the completion of the exam. The candidates can download the answer key and calculate their marks with the help of it. Check this page – NIACL Assistant Answer Key 2022 to check and download the answer key once it is released.
NIACL Assistant Cut Off 2022
The NIACL Assistant cut off 2022 will be released along with the result for each stage. Here we have provided the NIACL Assistant previous year cut off for prelims and mains. Refer to the previous year cut off and know the exam level.
NIACL Assistant Prelims Cut Off 2018
Here we have provided the state-wise & category wise NIACL Assistant prelims cut off 2018. Both sectional and overall cut off marks are tabulated for your reference.
|NIACL Assistant Prelims Cut Off 2018 (Sectional Cut Off Marks)|
|Category||English Language (30)||Logical Reasoning (35)||Quantitative Aptitude (35)|
|SC, ST, OBC, PC, Ex-Servicemen||11.00||11.00||13.50|
|NIACL Assistant Prelims Cut Off 2018 (Overall Cut Off Marks)|
|States / Union Territories||SC||ST||OBC||GEN|
|Andaman and Nicobar (Port Blair)||–||–||53.25||74.25|
|Jammu and Kashmir||75.50||65.25||–||86.50|
NIACL Assistant Mains Cut Off 2018
Here is the table mentioning the state-wise NIACL Assistant mains cut off 2018.
|Andaman & Nicobar||–||–||150.32||125|
|Jammu & Kashmir||145.00||121.88||173.13||–|
NIACL Assistant Result 2022
After the completion of each stage of the recruitment process, the NIACL Assistant result 2022 will be released on their official site. Check the steps to check the result status.
- Go to the homepage of NIACL’s official site.
- In the results section of the home page, you can find the link for NIACL Assistant result 2022.
- Click that link and enter your login credentials.
- Type the captcha code.
- Log in and view your result status.
NIACL Assistant Job Profile 2022
NIACL Assistant is a clerical level job. He/She is entitled to the responsibility of Data Entry Operations and assisting the AOs in designated sections. They are mainly responsible for Underwriting, Claims, and Accounts.
- It is generally a data entry process.
- Involves accepting of proposals.
- It involves the signing/issuing of policies.
- Involves the usage of computers to enter, access, and retrieve financial data.
- Involves dealing with the legal/non-legal aspects of claims of Customers.
- Involves the process of applying for an insurance rating system.
- Calculate the amount of claim.
- Reviewing insurance policy to determine coverage.
- Transmitting claims for further investigation.
- Attaching information to the claim file.
- Involves payments
- Preparation of balance sheets.
- Accounting transactions
NIACL Assistant Career Growth
The promotion is a fast track system in the NIACL. Candidates are promoted on the basis of their performance. The hierarchy of promotion/career growth in NIACL is listed below.
- Administrative officer
- Senior Administrative Officer
- Assistant Manager
- Senior Manager
- Insurance Specialist
NIACL Assistant Exam Strategies
The candidates can start their preparations for the NIACL assistant exam now! Before you begin your preparation, it is necessary to hold a perfect study plan to tackle the exam. The old method of reading and reading and learning doesn’t work nowadays. The technology is far ahead and the candidates are smart enough to grab more information in a limited time. So, if you are planning to crack the upcoming NIACL exam, then you better watch for the strong competitors too.
- A perfect study plan which suits your timing is the initial step towards the right preparation
- You must know what you are going to deal with, the level of difficulty to expect, the types of questions to expect, how you can learn etc.
- After getting a complete understanding of the exam, you can go further to collect the necessary study materials
- When I said study materials, it isn’t about the random search and collection, go and refer to the syllabus first
- After referring to the syllabus, divide the topics and subtopics into relevant, important, strong areas, weak areas and highlight the most wanted to learn etc.
- You can collect the study notes from PDFs, lectures, video lessons etc and arrange the notes according
- After that, the candidates can follow the trick of taking one step at a time.
- Learn each topic and cover the areas as per the study plan, just to make sure, you don’t miss any portion
- So, the preparation is done, but is that all? No!
- If you are planning to crack the exam, you need sufficient practice sessions too
- Go for some mock tests and sample questions to get adequate practice in the area, this will help you to answer the questions faster in the exam hall
- Along with that, you can refer to the previous year question papers too, this will only benefit you.
Start preparing for the exam with the latest study materials for government exam. No need to search randomly for notes and PDFs, download Entri App and get the compiled notes, video lectures and mock tests now! We hope this article on NIACL Assistant latest notification 2022 has benefited you. Subscribe to Entri today and make your learning eventful. Entri wishes you all success in the upcoming exams.
NIACL Assistant 2022 FAQ:
Q. Where I can apply for the NIACL assistant post 2022?
A. You can apply through the official website of NIACL- https://www.newindia.co.in/
Q. What the mode of application for the NIACL Assistant?
A. The Application for NIACL assistant is online mode only.
Q. I am unable to reach the website of NIACL?
A. Sometimes due to heavy load it may not open, please try after some time or next day.
Q. While making payment for the application it goes blank what to do?
A. Don’t pay again and again refresh the page and then make a fresh payment. there can be connectivity or issue from the bank gateway. do not refresh the page while doing the payment.
Q. What is the application fee for the NIACL Assistant?
A. the application fee for Assistant is 600/- for UR/ OBC and 100 for SC/ST/PWD.
Q. What will be the size of the photograph uploaded?
A. the size of the photograph is between 20-50 kb, 200 x 230 pixels (preferred) in jpeg/jpg format.
Q. What should be the size of the signature uploaded?
A. it should be between 10 kb- 20kb and 140 x 60 pixels in JPEG/ JPG format only.