Every year the New India Assurance Company Ltd conducts the NIACL Assistant Exam for the recruitment of Class III Assistants. Last time, it had called for 685 posts, and this time, the range varies close to this. The exam is generally, conducted once a year and is in online mode. Updates for the 2022 drive are yet to be released by the commission, with dates expected by Mid 2022 for the release of the official notification. Before applying for the NIACL Assistant post, candidates must check whether they are eligible for it. For this candidates can check the NIACL Assistant Eligibility. This article provides all the details regarding the NIACL Assistant Eligibility Criteria, like NIACL Assistant age limit, NIACL Assistant exam qualification etc.
NIACL Assistant Eligibility Criteria 2022
There are certain criteria to fulfil before attending the exam of NIACL Assistant. Both General and educational criteria are mentioned in the following table.
NIACL Assistant Age Limit
- The age of the candidate must be not less than 21 and more than 30.
- Upper age relaxation has been set for candidates of certain categories:
|Ex-servicemen/ Disabled Ex-servicemen||The actual period of service plus 3 years, subject to a maximum age of 45 years.|
|Widows, Divorced women & legally separated single women||5 years|
|J&K domiciled candidates from 1-1-80 to 31-12-89||5 years|
|Existing Employees of NIACL||5 years|
NIACL Assistant Educational Qualification
- Candidates must certainly be a graduate in any stream from a recognized University.
- Candidates must have studied English in SSC/HSC/Intermediate/Graduation as a subject.
- Candidates must be proficient in the language of the state from where he/she has applied.
NIACL Assistant Nationality
A candidate applying for the post of Assistant in the NIACL recruitment 2022 must fulfill either of these conditions:
- He/she must be a citizen of India.
- The aspirant must be a subject of Nepal.
- The aspirant must be a subject of Bhutan.
- The candidate must be a refugee of Tibet before Jan 1st, 1962, with the intention of settling in India permanently.
- He/She must be of Indian origin who migrated from Sri Lanka, Burma, Pakistan, Kenya, Uganda, The United Republic of Tanzania, and the countries of East Africa and Zaire, Ethiopia, Malawi, Zambia, and Vietnam. He/ she must anyhow have an intention of permanently settling in India.
Candidates who fall under the categories (2), (3), (4) & (5), must have a certificate of eligibility which is issued by the Government of India.
How to Apply for NIACL Assistant?
Candidates who are preparing for the NIACL Assistant examination need to make the application through online methods. The given below are the steps that the candidates need to follow so as to apply for the NIACL Assistant examination.
Step 1: Click the direct link above or go to the NIACL Official Website.
Step 2: Click on APPLY ONLINE.
Step 3: You have to then enter your name, email address and contact details by clicking the ‘New Sign-Up’ button.
Step 4: Provisional registration number and password will be generated. Note it safely somewhere.
Step 5: Enter all the correct information and click on ‘Save and Next’.
Step 6: Carefully scrutinize your details and then press the button for ‘Final Submit.’
Step 7: To make sure that the required guidelines are met for both the photograph and the signature, the candidates should, however, scan and upload their photograph and signature.
Step 8: Click and continue with the payment process on the payment tab.
Step 9: After the payment is complete, carefully save the application receipt.
NIACL Assistant Application Fee
While registering for the NIACL Assistant Recruitment, the candidates will have to make a payment of the application fee. For making the payment of the application fee, you can use services like debit cards, credit cards, internet banking, mobile wallets, etc. Candidates must note that this is an application fee that is non-refundable.
|SC/ST/PWD/EX·SER||Rs. 100/-(Intimation Charges only)|
|Other than SC/ST/PWD/EX·SER||Rs. 600/- (Application fee including Intimation Charges)|
NIACL Job Vacancy
NIACL hasn’t notified the number of posts for the Assistant recruitment. However, based on the previous trends of the number of vacancies, we can take a guess regarding the availability of the posts. The table below indicates the total number of vacancies in the 2018 cycle.
Category wise NIACL Assistant Vacancies (Provisional)
Category wise Backlog NIACL Assistant Vacancies
From the above table, we can come to a conclusion that an estimate of around 650-680 posts will be released in the coming cycle. Although, it may vary according to the requirements of NIACL.
NIACL Assistant Job Profile
NIACL Assistant is basically a job at the clerical level. He/She takes up the role and responsibility of Data Entry Operations and also assisting the AOs in designated sections. They are mainly responsible for jobs like Underwriting, Claims, and Accounts.
- It is a data entry process.
- Acceptance of proposals is involved.
- Involves signing and issuing of policies.
- Involves the usage of Computers to enter, access, and retrieve financial data.
- Involves legal or non-legal aspects of claims of Customers.
- Involves the application of an insurance rating system.
- Calculating the total amount of claim.
- Reviewing insurance policy to determine coverage.
- Transmitting claims for further investigation.
- Attaching information to the claim file.
- Involves all sorts of payments.
- Preparation of balance sheets.
- Accounting transactions.
NIACL Assistant Exam Pattern 2022
The NIACL Assistant Selection procedure comprises two steps: Prelims Exams and Main Exams. The first phase is the Prelims which is then followed by the Main Examination. The details of the exam pattern for both these stages are as follows:
The Prelims is the first stage of the selection process for the NIACL post for Assistant in New India Assurance Company Limited. The details of the Prelims are as follows: –
- There are a total of 100 questions.
- Each question carries 01 mark.
- The duration for the Prelims is 01 hour.
- The details regarding the negative marking are yet to be notified on the official website.
|Sr. No.||Name of Test||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1.||English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|2.||Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|3.||Numerical Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
The Main Examination is the second and final step of the Selection procedure. The candidates who qualify for the Prelims Exam are called for the Main Exam. The exam pattern details for the Main Examination is given below: –
- The total marks for Main Examination are 250 marks.
- Each question has a weightage of a 1.25 mark.
- The duration of the Main Examination is usually 2 hours.
- The details with regards to the negative marking are yet to be notified on the official website.
|Name of the Test||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|Numerical Ability||40||50||2 hours|
|Total||200 Questions||250 marks|
NIACL Assistant Syllabus 2022
The details of the NIACL Assistant Syllabus 2022 are issued via an official notification on the NIACL official website. The candidates must go through this syllabus to plan an effective preparation strategy that will help them in covering all the topics accordingly. The NIACL Assistant Selection Process comprises two phases i.e., Prelims Examination which is then followed by the Main Examinations.
While the official notification with regards to the syllabus is yet to be released, candidates can refer to the syllabus for the previous year to start their exam preparations. The NIACL Assistant Syllabus pdf can be downloaded from the official website once it is published. The given below are the NIACL Assistant Prelims Syllabus and NIACL Assitant Mains syllabus that the candidates can follow for the NIACL Assistant exam preparation 2022.
|Reasoning and Computer Aptitude||
|English Language (Letter Writing and Essay)||–|
NIACL Assistant Exam Overview 2022
The important highlights of the NIACL Assistant are detailed in the table below.
|Name||NIACL Assistant Eligibility Criteria|
|Conducting Authority||New India Assurance Company Limited.|
|Frequency||Once a year|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Duration||Prelims – 1 Hour
Mains – 2 Hours
|Fee||General/OBC – ₹600
SC/ST/PWD/Ex-Servicemen – ₹100
|Purpose||Recruitment of Class III Cadre Assistant|
|Helpdesk No.||022-22708100 022-22708400|
Entri provides an ocean of study materials that the candidates can avail of for their exam preparation. Candidates who wish to apply for the examination are requested to go through the complete syllabus and use the best materials for their preparation. Start your preparations for your dream government job with Entri App. We provide a wide range of courses over different government exams. Sign Up for Entri classes and ace the preparation for the government job examinations and bank examinations today itself. Entri helps you with thousands of questions. Attempt mock tests, analyze yourself and improve your success rate. We wish you all the success in your preparations. Subscribe, be a member and get full-time access to the world of digital learning today!!