IBPS examination is one of the major banking examinations that is happening in the country every year. IBPS conducts a recruitment examination for the recruitment of eligible candidates to various positions to fill various vacancies. The IBPS clerk examination is a very important one among that. Lakhs of job aspir4ants apply for the job every year and appear for the examination. This examination has various stages of examinations and the final stage is an interview. It is very important that every candidate must perform well in this interview to qualify for the final rank list. Here are some of the important IBPS Clerk interview questions and also aspirants can download IBPS interview questions and answers PDF from the Entri website.
IBPS Interview Questions
The interview is one of the most important stages of a recruitment examination. Performing well and scoring well in the interview round can benefit the final results of the candidates in various ways. Here are some of the most important IBPS Clerk interview questions and IBPS Clerk interview questions for fresher. Candidates who are appearing for the interview round can refer to the below-mentioned sample questions that have a high chance to be asked in the interview round.
Candidates appearing for any interview must anticipate some personal questions from the interviewers. Here are some of the questions with high probability that can be asked in the interview rounds.
- Introduce yourself or Tell me something about yourself.
- Which place do you come from or tell me something about your hometown?
- Tell me something about your family.
- Who is your role model and why?
- What are your biggest fears?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- On a scale of one to ten, how much will you rate your skills?
- Tell me an incident where you demonstrated leadership skills?
- Tell me about your teamwork experience.
- How do you handle the pressure?
Interviewers will go through your details and has a high chance to ask you about your education and educational qualifications.
- Tell me about your educational background.
- There will be questions related to your course and the subjects that you have majored in.
- Why are coming into the banking sector after completing your graduation/ education?
- Why do you want to work in the banking sector?
- How will you use your educational background for our growth?
- Do you have any further study plans?
- Are you looking for higher studies?
- What Is Bank Rate?
Answer: Rate at which RBI lends money to commercial banks without any security.
- What Is SLR?
Answer: Statutory Liquidity Ratio is the percentage of liabilities and time deposits that commercial banks need to keep with them in form of Cash, Gold or Government approved securities. Right now SLR is 22%.
- What Are Open Market Operations?
Answer: Buying and selling of government securities and bonds in the open market by the Government to maintain desired liquidity levels.
- What Are Various Services Provided By A Commercial Bank?
- Safe custody of funds
- Advancing loans
- Fund transfers
- Periodic payments
- Underwriting of shares
- Dealing in foreign exchange
- Discounting of loans
- What Are Various Investments Under Section 80(c) Of the Income Tax Act?
- Fixed deposit (5 years)
- Equity mutual funds
- EPF and VPF
- NSCs (National Saving Certificate)
- NPS (Pension plans)
- Life insurance
- What Are NPS?
Answer: NPA stands for Non-Performing Assets.
Bank gives loans and advances to its customers. These loans and advances are the bank’s assets. When the customers don’t repay back the bank’s money they don’t perform. Such assets are known as Non-Performing Assets.
- What Are Various Functions Of RBI?
- Government bankers and performs banking functions for the central and the state governments.
- Bankers of banks
- Maintain liquidity in the economy
- Regulator of country’s financial system
- Regulates and facilitates foreign trade advisor to the Government of India
- Issue currency notes
Questions related to career objectives and goals
It is a usual trend in interviews that the candidates are asked regarding the career objects and their own career expectations in the future. Candidates who are appearing for the banking interviews can expect the following kind of questions from the interviewers.
- Do you have any previous work experience?
- Why do you want to join the banking sector?
- Where do you see yourself in five years?
- Tell me something about your hobbies and the activities that you do in your leisure time.
Sign Up for Entri classes to qualify for any government examination you dream of. With the help of thousands of mock tests and guided tutorials from experienced mentors, your dream of gaining a government job is not a dream anymore!