The much-awaited Kerala Administrative Service 2019, (Category Number 186/2019) Notification is out. With two stages of written examinations, the exam has a similar pattern of that of UPSC civil service. The number of vacancies and the main exam syllabus is yet to publish. Graduates below 32 years can now apply for the KAS Junior Time Scale Trainee posts on or before December 04, 2019. Here we are discussing the Kerala Administrative Service 2019 eligibility, exam pattern, syllabus and more.
Kerala Administrative Service Important Dates
- Application Period: November 01, 2019 to December 04, 2019
- Preliminary Exam Date: 22 February 2020
- Main Examination Date: To be updated soon
Interested candidates can apply for the KAS 2019 through their Kerala PSC Thulasi profile page.
Kerala Administrative Service Eligibility
The Kerala Administrative Service (KAS) 2019 recruitment is for candidates from three-sections/ streams.
- Stream 1: Direct Appointment
- Stream 2: Direct recruitment from among full members or approved probationers in any Government Departments.
- Stream 3: Direct Recruitment from among candidates holding Ist Gazetted post.
- Stream 1: 21 years – 32 years. Candidates who have born between 02.01.1987 and 01.01.1998 (both dates
are included) shall apply for these posts. Age relaxations as per government norms are applicable.
- Stream 2: 21 years – 40 years. Candidates who have born between 02.01.1979 and 01.01.1998 (both dates
are included) are eligible to apply for this post. Age relaxations as per government norms are applicable.
- Stream 3: Must not have completed 50 years of age on January 01, 2019.
- Stream 1: Graduation in any subject (including professional course) from any UGC recognized university.
- Stream 2: Graduation in any subject (including professional course) from any UGC recognized university and, Must be a Full Member or an approved probationer in any Government Department and must not be an Ist Gazetted Officer or above in the Departments in Schedule-I of KAS Special Rule 2018.
- Stream 3: Graduation in any subject (including professional course) from any UGC recognized university, and Must have satisfactorily completed probation in any Cadre in Government.
Kerala Administrative Service 2019 Notification Out: Download Here
Check out the official notification for KAS Exam 2019. Click on below link to download the Kerala Administrative Service 2019 Notification pdf
Download KAS 2019 Notification here
Kerala Administrative Service 2019 Exam Pattern
The preliminary examination shall be in Objective mode only. Both General Studies question papers would be in English.
|SL NO||Topic||Maximum Marks||Exam Duration||Number of Questions|
|2||Paper-II: Part I General Studies||50||90 minutes||50|
|3||Paper-II: Part II Language
|4||Paper-II: Part II Language
Proficiency in English
The main examination will be a descriptive type examination containing 3 papers of 100 marks each.
|SL NO||Topic||Maximum Marks||Exam Duration|
|1||Paper I||100||02 hours|
|3||Paper III||100||02 hours|
Questions of the Main examination will be provided in English while the candidates can write the answers
either in English or in Malayalam.
Selected candidates from the main examination will be called for a face to face personal interview. The final rank list will consider the candidate’s performance in the interview too. The interview has a maximum score of 50 marks.
The candidates selected for KAS (Junior Time Scale) shall undergo training for a period of 18 months and be on probation for a total period of 2 years on duty within a continuous period of 3 years inclusive of the period of training.
Kerala Administrative Service 2019 Syllabus
The syllabus for the KAS preliminary examination is very much similar to that of UPSC with more focus on Kerala. The mains syllabus is yet to release. We will update you once the official syllabus is out.
Kerala Administrative Service Paper 1
GENERAL STUDIES -I
- History of India and Kerala- Ancient and Medieval Period
- Modern Period -Modern Indian History (from the 18th century up to the present
- Kerala History from 18th century onwards
- History of the World (from mid 18th century
- Cultural Heritage of Kerala
- Indian Constitution, Public Administration, Political System, Governance, Social Justice and International Relations
- Constitutional Authorities – Powers, Functions andResponsibilities
- India’s Foreign Policy, International Organisations, International Treaties and Forums, their structure, and mandate
- Judiciary in India
- Reasoning, Mental Ability & Simple Arithmetic
- Geography- Physical, Social, Economic Geography of World, India, and Kerala
- Geophysical phenomena like Earthquake, Tsunami, Volcanoes, Cyclone, Flood, Landslides.
Kerala Administrative Service Paper 2
GENERAL STUDIES -II
- Economy and Planning– Indian economy on the eve of independence. Indian economy in
the post-reform period – new economic reforms,
- NITI Aayog, National Income, and Per Capita Income, Sectoral Composition (Output and
Employment) – Primary, Secondary, and Tertiary. Development under different policy regimes (including Five Year Plans)
- Agriculture Sector, Land Reforms in India, Technological change in Agriculture
- Industrial Policy, Public Sector Enterprises, and their performance, Growth, and pattern of industrialization, Small-scale sector, Productivity in the industrial sector, SEZ and industrialization, foreign
investment and competition policy, e-Commerce, Effects of liberalization on the economy.
- Infrastructure in Indian Economy, Meaning and importance of infrastructure – Water Supply and Sanitation- Energy and Power – Science and Technology – Rural and Urban Infrastructure, Ports,
Roads, Airports, Railways, Telecommunication, Dams, Inland Waterways. Social Impact Assessment.
- Trends and Patterns in the structure of the population over time, Different Indexes.
- Indian Public Finance, Government Budgeting, Indian Tax System, Public Expenditure, Public Debt, Deficit and Subsidies in the Indian Economy.
- Center-State financial relation.
- Recent fiscal and monetary policy issues and their impact,
- The structure of Indian Banking and Non- Banking Financial Institutions and reforms, GST: Concept and
Implications. Stock exchange and share market.
- Trend, Composition, Structure, and direction of India’s foreign trade. India’s Balance of payments situation in the post reforms period.
- The economy of Kerala State-an overview, Population, Major agriculture, Industry, Service sector issues. Infrastructure and resources, Major Developmental Projects, Programmes, and Schemes.
Co-operative Sector. History and relevant policies in traditional industries, IT Sector, Pravasi and Foreign remittance.
- Kerala model development- Programmes, Initiatives, and Impacts.
- Science and Technology
- Nature and Scope of ICT, ICT in day to day life, ICT and industry, ICT, and Governance
- Technology in Space and Defence: Evolution of Indian Space Programme, ISRO
- Energy requirement and efficiency
- Environmental Science: Issues and concerns related to the environment, its legal aspects, policies, and treaties.
- Biodiversity – its importance and concerns, Climate change, International initiatives (Policies, Protocols) and India’s commitment, Western Ghats, Features, Characteristics, and issues.
- Forest and wildlife – Legal framework for Forest and Wildlife Conservation in India.
- Environmental Hazards, Pollution, Carbon Emission, Global Warming. National action plans on climate change and Disaster Management.
- Developments in Biotechnology, Green Technology, and Nanotechnology.
- Current Affairs
- Language Proficiency – English
Tenses ,Synonyms , Phrasal Verbs, Antonyms, ErrorCorrection, Adjectives, Adverbs, Reported Speech, Active Voice ,Passive Voice, Auxiliary Verb, Question Tag, Degrees of Comparison, Punctuation, Idioms and Phrases, Simple Compound Complex Sentences, Connectives, Prepositional Verbs, Prepositions, Concord , Pronouns, Order and Sentence Order.
- Language Proficiency – Malayalam
1) പദശുദ്ധി 2) വാക്യശുദ്ധി 3) പരിഭാഷ 4) ഒറ്റപദം 5) പരയായം 6)
വിപരീത പദം 7) ൈശൈലിക്ള് പഴഞ്ചൊല്ഞ്ചാല്ലുക്ള് 8) സമാനപദം 9)
േചേര്ത്തൊല്ത്തെഴുതുക് 10) സ്ത്രീലിംഗം പുല്ലിംഗം 11) വചേനം 12) പിരിൊല്ച്ചെഴുതല് 13)
ഘടക് പദം (വാക്യം േചേര്ത്തൊല്ത്തെഴുതുക്) 14) ഭരണഭാഷയുമായി ബന്ധപ്പൊല്പ്പെട്ട്
ഒരു ഖണ്ഡിക് നല്കി അതിൊല്ന ആധാരമാക്കി േചോദയങ്ങള് 15) ഔദ്യേദയാഗിക്
ഭാഷാ പദാവലി, വിപുലനം, സംഗ്രഹം.
- Language Proficiency – Kannada
- Language Proficiency -Tamil
Entri wishes you all the best for your upcoming examinations. Start your Preparation today itself. Entri will help you with thousands of questions. Attempt mock tests, analyze yourselves to improve your success rate.
Discussion about this post