Table of Contents
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has released the RBI Grade B Recruitment and the Phase 1 Exam (Prelims) will be taking place soon. Candidates appearing for the exam must be curious to know about the type of question previously asked in RBI Grade B Exam. To ease your anxious mind, we have compiled Grade B Papers of previous years. Phase 1 and Phase 2 exams have been issued early and there isn’t much gap between the date of notification and the exam date. This means that aspirants who started preparation months before the announcement will surely be at an advantage. But don’t be upset if you didn’t start early. Begin now and invest 100% effort in completing the syllabus. The first step towards preparation is going through the RBI Grade B Question Paper 2022 – Previous Paper PDF. RBI Grade B previous year question paper will help the candidates to prepare for the entrance examination in a systematic manner. RBI Grade B officer question paper can be downloaded in a pdf format from the official website of the organisation.
RBI Grade B 2022 Previous Question Papers
Going through the previous year papers will make you understand the changes this exam has undergone in the past. This will help you realize the challenges better. Solving papers will help you understand the exact nature of the exam. Attempting all the Bank of Baroda previous year papers will help you track the time spent in solving the paper and your level of efficiency. This will be a huge advantage in the actual exam. Lastly, they will let you know the nature of questions that can be expected in the Exam this year. We’re sharing the RBI Grade B Previous year papers. Do go through them in detail and evaluate yourself.
- Previous Year Paper 2018- RBI-Grade-B-Phase-I-Previous-Year-Paper-2018
- Previous Year Paper 2017- RBI-Grade-B-2017-Paper
RBI Grade B 2022 Model Question Papers
You must go through complete RBI Grade B previous year papers and model papers to Create a mental plan so as to attempt the questions methodically. Time yourself in advance and decide which question to attempt first and which to leave. If you don’t know an answer, just skip the question. Attempt questions only when 90-100% sure. Once done with RBI Grade B previous year papers or model test papers, check the amount of time taken. Start moderating your answers honestly. and go through each and another incorrect answer so as to not repeat the same mistakes in the exam. In this way, you can prepare for this exam.
RBI Grade B Officer 2022 Mock Test
Mock tests will really help candidates to crack exams, as they will learn to manage the time and attempt more questions. Along with that, a mock test also helps to pick questions, they are sure of and avoid the negative marking. Personal mentors will help you to move confidently through the preparation period till the exam. RBI Grade B phase 2 question paper and RBI Grade B phase 1 question paper PDF can be downloaded separately from the official website of the organisation which will help you to prepare for the entrance examination by taking into consideration the examination format. RBI Grade B model question paper can also be downloaded from the official website of the organisation as per the concerned notification. The last year RBI Grade B question paper will be uploaded by RBI on their official website.
RBI Grade B Exam Pattern 2022
The candidates should have thorough knowledge about the exam pattern for the upcoming RBI Grade B exam 2022. The detailed exam pattern is given below. The candidates who are preparing for the exam can check the exam pattern given below. The RBI Grade B exam will be conducted in two phases. The recruitment will be based on phase 1 and phase 2 exams and the interview that will be conducted as a final round of the selection procedure. The exam pattern is given below. The candidates can look through the exam pattern to have clarity on the topic.
RBI Grade B Phase 1 Exam Pattern
The preliminary examination is the very first stage of the entrance examination that must be given by the candidates who want to get a job as RBI grade B officer and it is important to get a proper number of marks in the preliminary examination because then only you will be going to go to the second stage of the selection procedure. The preliminary examination will consist of tests related to reasoning and other important subjects. The RBI Grade B phase 1 exam will be conducted for the 4 sections. The sectional time limit is nil. The total time duration is 120 minutes. The exam pattern should be learned thoroughly by the candidates. Check below to know the complete exam pattern for the Phase 1 RBI Garde B exam 2022.
|Name of the Subjects||Number of questions||Maximum marks||Duration|
RBI Grade B Phase-II Exam Pattern
The main examination is the second stage of the selection procedure and the people who will get the proper number of marks in the preliminary examination will be able to attend the second stage of the selection procedure. The candidates will have to crack the main examination taking into consideration the cut off marks presented by the authorities for the main examination. Make sure that you are preparing for the entrance examination beforehand in order to be eligible. The RBI Grade B Phase 2 exam consists of three sections. The candidates will get 90 minutes to complete the phase 2 exam. the total time duration is 270 minutes. The candidates should learn the RBI Grade B exam pattern at first to have a comprehensive idea about the upcoming RBI Grade B exam 2022.
|Name of the subject||Maximum marks||Maximum Time Duration||Paper Type|
|Economics and Social Issues||100||90 minutes||Objective|
|Paper-II English (Writing Skills)||100||90 minutes||Descriptive (to be typed with the help of keyboard)|
|Paper III Finance & Management||100||90 minutes||Objective Type|
RBI Grade B Weightage 2022
There are different topics which will be included in the different subjects for this entrance examination conducted by the Reserve Bank of India and there will be different types of questions which will be asked in the entrance examination so you must take into consideration your preparations very carefully. The candidates can check out the previous year weightage for each and every topic included in the entrance examination and then you can easily prepare for the entrance examination without any problem and difficulty. Given below, we are sharing the weightage for the RBI Grade B entrance examination that will help you to prepare for the subject.
|Numerical Ability||English Language||Reasoning||General Awareness|
|Approximation: 5 questions||Double Error: 5-7 questions||Puzzles: 22 questions||Current Affairs 55-60 questions|
|Arithmetic: 10 questions||Sentence Arrangement: 5 questions||Inequality: 3 questions||Static GK 20-25 questions|
|Bar graph: 5 questions||Reading Comprehension: 9 – 10 questions||Coding-Decoding: 4 questions|
|Caselet DI: 5 questions||Error Detection: 5 questions||Blood Relation: 5 questions|
|Number series: 5 questions||Cloze Test: 5 questions||Circular arrangement: 5 questions|
|Fill in the blanks: 3-5 questions||Floor arrangement: 5 questions|
|Scheduling: 15 questions|
|Syllogism: 4-5 questions|
|Logical Reasoning: 10 questions|
|Linear rearrangement: 5 questions|
|Miscellaneous: 5 questions|
RBI Grade B Books For Phase 1
There are proper answers to the question of How To Start Preparation for RBI Grade B. RBI Grade B officer preparation can be taken into consideration online and you will have to start your preparation at least one month prior to the commencement of the entrance examination. The candidates must also take into consideration important study material in order to prepare for the entrance examination successfully. RBI Grade B preparation plan must be equipped with all of the important specifications. Given below, we are sharing the important specifications related to the study material.
- Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning by R.S. Agarwal
- Analytical Reasoning by M.K. Pandey
- Word Power Made simple by Norman Lewis
- Objective General English by S.P.Bakshi
- High School Grammar and Composition by Wren and Martin
- Magical Book on Quicker Maths by M. Tyra
- How to Prepare for Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations written by R.S. Agarwal
- Banking Awareness by Arihant Experts
- Banking Awareness for SEBI and IBPS Bank Clerk/PO/RBI Exams/RRB by Disha Experts
RBI Grade B Books For Phase 2
There are separate books available for phase 2 of the entrance examination conducted by the Reserve Bank of India and the phase 2 examination will consist of questions related to economics and social issues. There are various Indian economy books available in the market that will help you to check out important topics related to the economy of India. The questions related to financial management will also be asked in the phase 2 entrance examination conducted by the Reserve Bank of India and you can buy financial management books in order to prepare for the subject.
Economic and Social Issues Books
- Indian Economy: Uma Kapila (Series of Books)
- Indian Economy: Mishra Puri. (Latest Edition)
- Growth And Development: Devraj Ray
- Sociology: C.N. Shankar Rao
Other Preparation Material
- Economic and Political Weekly
- Southern Economist
- Business India
- RBI Bulletins
- Economic Times
- Business Standard
- World Development Report
- Economic Survey of India
- An introduction to Economics – A W Stonier and DC Hauge
- Monetary Theory and Public Policy – Kenneth Kurihara
- Indian Economy – Mishra and Puri
- Indian Economy – R. Dutt and KPM Sundaram
- Economic Growth and Development – Mayer and Baldwin
- Major economic newspapers and Economic and Political Weekly
- Public Finance – K K Andley and Sundaram
- Financial Management – Prasanna Chandra
Exam Tips For RBI Grade B 2022
- Time Table for preparation. It should be made as per your ability.
- Make hand notes: Regularly make notes for Exam, so that you can easily understand and revise the previous topics.
- Know your strength and weakness. Check your weakness and work hard to remove weak points in the study. Manage time to solve the hard and easy topics in your syllabus.
- Set achievable targets for yourself, like studying 4 comprehensive topics in an hour, or 7-8 small topics in an hour. This will boost your speed as your mind will not feel overtaxed.
- Use flashcards. This is another great tool that will let you revise anytime, anywhere and with ease Make flashcards of important dates, events, and keywords to keep your memory fresh.
- Phase 1 is about time management. You have 120 minutes for 200 questions of four subjects which are Quantitative aptitude, Reasoning, English and General Awareness.
- If you have never prepared for IBPS/SSC/CAT/MAT type exam, invest 60–70% of the time in phase 1 preparation.
- Plan to score more in General Awareness as it is 40% of the exam and all 80 questions can be attempted in minimum time. General Awareness questions are more from Economy, banking, finance and social issues & all these topics are even part of the mains exam.
- A minimum cut-off mark is something you definitely need to score in every section, so plan well
- Sectional timing is also introduced this time in the preliminary exam.
- The Phase 2 syllabus is not lengthy but yes it is very diverse. You need to learn the fundamentals of varied topics.
- The exam requires a conceptual understanding of the topics given in the syllabus.
- While studying, the topics may appear simple but when options are there to choose from, one might get confused.
- Writing ability is very important for English paper which carries 100 marks for which reading editorial becomes a must.
Exam Strategies For RBI Grade B Officer 2022
The candidate should be well aware of the selection process and exam pattern before he starts preparing for the exam. The selection process of the RBI Grade B Officer Exam consists of two phases along with a personal interview. Both phases are conducted online.
- The Phase 1 exam will be conducted for 2 hours. The first round of the prelims paper consists of four sections, namely, general awareness, English language, quantitative aptitude, and reasoning.
- One has to secure minimum marks in each of these sections to clear the first phase. Only candidates who clear phase 1 are eligible to participate in the phase 2 exam. While coming to the final selection, only marks obtained in the mains exam and the interview will be considered. Phase one is only an eligibility test.
- It is very important to know about the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) before starting the preparation for the Grade B Officer exam. Getting familiar with the role and responsibilities of RBI not only helps you crack the online written examination but also during the personal interview. Focus on key functions such as policy rates and reserve ratios.
- A fresher should know that there is a restriction on the number of attempts one can make to become a Grade B officer in RBI. If you are serious about getting into RBI as a Grade B officer, never waste the attempts. Aspirants belonging to the general merit category are allowed to take six attempts to clear the prelims online examination. However, for candidates belonging to SC/ST and OBC castes, there is no restriction on attempts.
- The official notification has provided the detailed syllabus for the mains examination and provided the section names for the prelims exam. Aspirants have to go through the syllabus of the other competitive examinations such as SSC CGL and IBPS PO to understand what exactly each of the sections of the prelims carries. Though the format of the questions will be different in the RBI Grade B Officer exam, one can consider the syllabus of the other competitive exams mentioned above. The RBI will provide detailed information about the examination in an information handout, which will be released along with the admit card for phase II.
- If you are new to the RBI examination, start your preparation with the basic concepts of RBI apart from following the trending issues in the economy and finance. Stay updated with the current affairs related to the banking, stock exchange, budget, economy, finance, etc; this will accustom you to the exam preparation. Also, go through business and finance columns written by experts in various newspapers and magazines.
- A fresher or a beginner should put in extra effort compared to senior candidates to crack the RBI Grade B Officer examination. Hence, one should prepare an effective study schedule. If you are not from any finance background, acquaint yourself with financial terminology and basic concepts. Make a study schedule that should focus primarily on the prelims exam. Once you are confident about prelims, you can draft a new plan to prepare for the mains exam, because the screening round is very difficult to crack in almost all the examinations because of the high competition.
Practising from these previous years exam papers will help you in brushing up and updating the level of your preparations and avoiding silly mistakes while attempting the exam. This will help you in achieving accuracy and scoring high in the RBI Grade B Officer Exam 2022.