Table of Contents
RBI Grade B exam is conducted by the Reserve Bank of India to recruit Grade B officers. Annually RBI conducts exams for the recruitment of various posts in RBI. RBI Grade B exam is a highly anticipated exam by aspiring candidates seeking a career in the financial sector. The official notification of the RBI Grade B 2022 exam is expected to release soon. RBI is expected to recruit approximately 630 grade B officers. However, until the exam notification is released candidates can go through the 2019 Grade B examination details as it is better to know about the eligibility criteria and other details required. In this article, we will discuss the RBI Grade B Eligibility Criteria 2022 – Age Limit in detail.
RBI Grade B 2022 Eligibility Criteria
RBI Grade B eligibility criteria 2022 will be published by the concerned authorities from the official notification which will be available on the official website of the Reserve Bank of India and all of the candidates can easily download the eligibility criteria and check whether or not we will be eligible to give the entrance examination presented by the concerned authorities of the Reserve Bank of India. RBI Grade B age limit and RBI Grade B educational qualification will be available separately on the official website of the organisation of the Reserve Bank of India and you must adhere to all of the qualifications in order to be able to fill up the application form.
RBI Grade B 2022 Age Limit
There is also a specific age criterion that you must follow before filling out the application form presented by the concerned authorities of the Reserve Bank of India. The candidates must produce their birth certificate before filling out the application form because it is one of the most mandatory documents that you will require at the time of filling out the application form.
- The candidate must be of minimum age 21 years and must be 30 years of age on 1st September 2019.
- For candidates with Phil and PhD qualifications, the upper age limit will be 32 & 34 years.
- The upper age limit will be relaxed for candidates belonging to reserved categories
The Government organisation provides proper age relaxation to the people belonging to different categories of candidates. The people who belong to the scheduled castes and Scheduled tribe category are provided with proper age relaxation so that they can apply for the vacancy presented by the Reserve Bank of India without any problem and difficulty. Given below we are sharing the age relaxations provided to all of the residents of India in this recruitment.
|Category||Age Relaxation (in years)|
|PH + OBC||13|
|PH + SC/ST||15|
RBI Grade B 2022 Educational Qualification
RBI Grade B qualification details will be available in the official notification published by the authorities of the Reserve Bank of India and there are three different posts that you can apply for but you have to take into consideration the educational qualifications of those particular posts in order to fill up the application form without any problem and difficulty. RBI Grade B nationality details will also be available in the official notification published by the Reserve Bank of India and the candidates must respect the eligibility criteria before filling out the application form presented by the organisation.
|Posts||Minimum educational qualifications|
Officers in Grade B (DR) – (General)
|· Minimum 60% marks (50% in case of SC/ST/PwBD) / an equivalent grade in Bachelor’s degree as well as in 12th / Diploma /equivalent and 10th Standard examinations.
· The minimum qualifying percentage / an equivalent grade for the Bachelor’s degree will be in aggregate for all semesters/years.
Officers in Grade B (DR) – DEPR
|· A Master’s Degree in Economics / Econometrics / Quantitative Economics / Mathematical Economics / Integrated Economics Course/ Finance, with a minimum of 55% marks or an equivalent grade in aggregate of all semesters /years from a recognized Indian or Foreign University /Institute; Or
· With a minimum of 55% marks or an equivalent grade in aggregate of all semesters /years in PGDM/ MBA Finance from a recognised Indian or Foreign University /Institute; Or
· Master’s Degree in Economics in any of the sub-categories of economics i.e. agricultural/ business/ developmental/ applied, etc., with a minimum of 55% marks or an equivalent grade in aggregate of all semesters /years from a recognized Indian or Foreign University /Institute.
Officers in Grade B (DR) – DSIM
|· A Master’s Degree in Statistics/ Mathematical Statistics/ Mathematical Economics/ Econometrics/ Statistics & Informatics from IIT-Kharagpur/ Applied Statistics & Informatics from IIT-Bombay with a minimum of 55% marks or equivalent grade in aggregate of all semesters/years. Or,
· Master’s Degree in Mathematics with a minimum of 55% marks or equivalent grade in aggregate of all semesters/years and a one-year postgraduate diploma in Statistics or related subjects from a reputed Institution. Or,
· M. Stat. Degree of Indian Statistical Institute with a minimum of 55% marks in aggregate of all semesters/years. Or,
· Post Graduate Diploma in Business Analytics (PGDBA) jointly offered by ISI Kolkata, IIT Kharagpur and IIM Calcutta with a minimum of 55% marks or equivalent grade in aggregate of all semesters/years.
RBI Grade B 2022 Nationality
The candidate must be either-
a) a citizen of India or,
b) a subject of Nepal, Bhutan or
c) a Tibetian refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or,
d) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East Africa countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India. The candidate belonging to categories (b), (c) & (d) must possess a certificate of eligibility issued by the Government of India.
Guidelines For Persons with Disabilities Using A Scribe
The visually impaired candidates and candidates whose writing speed is affected permanently for any reason can use their own scribe at their cost during the online examination, subject to limits as in (i) and (ii) below. In all such cases where a scribe is used, the following rules will apply.
- The candidate will have to arrange his / her own scribe at his/her own cost.
- The scribe may be from any academic stream.
- Both the candidate as well as scribe will have to give a suitable undertaking along with a call letter at the time of examination confirming that the scribe fulfils all the stipulated eligibility criteria for a scribe mentioned above. Further, in case it later transpires that he/she did not fulfil any laid down eligibility criteria or suppressed material facts the candidature of the applicant will stand cancelled, irrespective of the result of the examination. The Proforma of the undertaking is available on the RBI website.
- The same scribe cannot be used by more than one candidate. In addition, the scribe arranged by the Candidate should not be a candidate for the examination. If a violation of the above is detected at any stage of the process, the candidature of both the candidate and the scribe will be cancelled. Candidates eligible for and who wish to use the services of a scribe in the examination should invariably carefully indicate the same in the online application form. Any subsequent request may not be favourably entertained.
Guidelines For Candidates
(i) with locomotor disability and cerebral palsy-
- An extra time of twenty minutes per hour shall be permitted for the candidates with locomotor disability and cerebral palsy where dominant (writing) extremity is affected to the extent of slowing the performance of function (minimum of 40% impairment).
(ii) Visually Impaired candidates-
- Visually Impaired candidates (who suffer from not less than 40% of disability) may opt to view the contents of the test in magnified font and all such candidates will be eligible for compensatory time of 20 minutes for every hour of examination.
- The facility of viewing the contents of the test in magnifying font will not be available to Visually Impaired candidates who use the services of a Scribe for the examination.
- The scribe will be allowed to be used as per the guidelines issued vide Office Memorandum F.No.16-110/2003-DDIII dated February 26, 2013, of Government of India, Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Department of Disability Affairs, New Delhi.
How to Apply Online For RBI Grade B 2022?
The RBI Grade B recruitment will be conducted by the RBI recruitment board. The recruitment will be conducted based on the RBI exam 2022. The exam will be conducted in 2 phases. The two-phase of the RBI exam are namely Phase I and Phase 2. The candidate is advised to fulfil the eligibility criteria. Those candidates who are unable to fulfil the eligibility criteria are expected to be expelled from further consideration. The application form should be filled and submitted to the official authority within the deadline. To start your RBI Grade-B posts, visit the Reserve Bank of India official website. On the landing page, click on the ” Recruitment for the Posts of Officers Grade-B 2022″. On the newly opened tab, click on the New Registration link, and enter your personal details.
- Log in to the official website
- On the home page click on the tab “Opportunities @RBI” and then click on the tab “Current Vacancies and click on “Online Application Form.
- You will get a form. Enter your basic details and upload the photograph, signature, left thumb impression and a hand-written declaration in the online application form as specified.
- Now to register for the application, click on the tab “Click here for New Registration” and enter Name, Contact details and Email-id.
- A Provisional Registration Number and Password will be generated by the system and displayed on the screen. Please note down these also you will receive Email & SMS indicating the Provisional Registration number and Password.
- Validate your details and Save your application by clicking the ‘Validate your details and ‘Save & Next buttons.
- Now you can proceed to fill in other details in the form, upload a photo, Signature, left thumb impression and a hand-written declaration as per the guidelines for Scanning and Uploading Documents given.
- Click on the ‘Preview’ Tab to preview and verify the entire application form before final submission. At the end of the application, the candidate must click on the ‘Payment’ Tab and proceed with payment.
- After ensuring every detail given is correct Click on the ‘Submit’ button.
The Reserve Bank of India has specified an online application form fee for the RBI Grade B exam category wise, as given in the table below. There are different ways available to pay the fee for the RBI Grade B exam 2022. The candidate can pay the payment online via credit card or debit card or net banking.
|Category||Amount (in Rs)|
You can use the Entri app for your exam preparation. Entri provides an online platform to help you prepare for competitive exams. Download free of cost and get access to video classes, exams and study cards with a single subscription fee. You can access full-length mock tests and previous year question papers. Hope you have benefited from this article. Check us for further details. Entri wishes you all the best for your upcoming exams.