India’s central banking institution, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), releases a recruitment notification for the posts of Grade B Officer every year. The bank that controls the monetary policy of the Indian currency is expected to release the notification for Grade B Officers for over 600 vacancies. The online examination will be conducted in August/September tentatively. The recruitment notification from the country’s top banking institute, RBI, attracts all the job seekers including fresh graduates. Starting from the exam pattern to the syllabus, the RBI Grade B Officer exam is completely different compared to other banking exams. There are many myths amongst candidates that the exam is very tough to crack, specifically for beginners or freshers. Here is the important information a fresher should know before they start preparing for the Grade B Officer exam. In this article, we will go through in detail the RBI Grade B Preparation Tips 2022 – Exam Strategy.
RBI Grade B 2022 Topics To Cover
RBI Grade B preparation must be taken into consideration at least one week prior to the commencement of the entrance examination conducted by the Reserve Bank of India. RBI Grade B preparation strategy must be taken into consideration by checking out the details related to the syllabus and the important topics included in this entrance examination. RBI Grade B Phase 1 preparation and RBI Grade B Phase 2 preparation must be taken into consideration separately for all of the candidates. The candidates can take into consideration RBI Grade B online preparation. Given below, we are sharing the important topics to cover for this entrance examination.
|Quantitative Ability||Reasoning||English Language||General Awareness|
|Simplification||Logical Reasoning||Reading Comprehension||Current Affairs|
|Profit & Loss||Alphanumeric Series||Cloze Test||Indian Financial Systems|
|Mixtures &Alligations||Ranking/Direction/Alphabet Test||Para jumbles||Indian Banking Systems|
|Simple Interest & Compound Interest & Surds & Indices||Data Sufficiency||Miscellaneous||Monetary Plans|
|Work & Time||Coded Inequalities||Fill in the blanks||National Institutions|
|Time & Distance||Seating Arrangement||Multiple Meaning /Error Spotting||Banking Terms|
|Mensuration – Cylinder, Cone, Sphere||Puzzle||Paragraph Completion|
|Ratio & Proportion, Percentage||Syllogism|
|Number Systems||Blood Relations|
|Sequence & Series||Input-Output|
|Permutation, Combination &Probability||Coding-Decoding|
RBI Grade B 2022 Relevant Study Materials
There are proper answers to the question of How To Start Preparation for RBI Grade B. RBI Grade B officer preparation can be taken into consideration online and you will have to start your preparation at least one month prior to the commencement of the entrance examination. The candidates must also take into consideration important study material in order to prepare for the entrance examination successfully. RBI Grade B preparation plan must be equipped with all of the important specifications. Given below, we are sharing the important specifications related to the study material.
|Name of the Book||Books for Preparation|
Tips and Tricks For RBI Grade B 2022
- Time Table for preparation. It should be made as per your ability.
- Make hand notes: Regularly make notes for Exam, so that you can easily understand and revise the previous topics.
- Know your strength and weakness. Check your weakness and work hard to remove weak points in the study. Manage time to solve the hard and easy topics in your syllabus.
- Set achievable targets for yourself, like studying 4 comprehensive topics in an hour, or 7-8 small topics in an hour. This will boost your speed as your mind will not feel overtaxed.
- Use flashcards. This is another great tool that will let you revise anytime, anywhere and with ease Make flashcards of important dates, events, and keywords to keep your memory fresh.
- Phase 1 is about time management. You have 120 minutes for 200 questions of four subjects which are Quantitative aptitude, Reasoning, English and General Awareness.
- If you have never prepared for IBPS/SSC/CAT/MAT type exam, invest 60–70% of the time in phase 1 preparation.
- Plan to score more in General Awareness as it is 40% of the exam and all 80 questions can be attempted in minimum time. General Awareness questions are more from Economy, banking, finance and social issues & all these topics are even part of the mains exam.
- A minimum cut-off mark is something you definitely need to score in every section, so plan well
- Sectional timing is also introduced this time in the preliminary exam.
- The Phase 2 syllabus is not lengthy but yes it is very diverse. You need to learn the fundamentals of varied topics.
- The exam requires a conceptual understanding of the topics given in the syllabus.
- While studying, the topics may appear simple but when options are there to choose from, one might get confused.
- Writing ability is very important for English paper which carries 100 marks for which reading editorial becomes a must.
Exam Strategies For RBI Grade B Officer 2022
The candidate should be well aware of the selection process and exam pattern before he starts preparing for the exam. The selection process of the RBI Grade B Officer Exam consists of two phases along with a personal interview. Both phases are conducted online.
- The Phase 1 exam will be conducted for 2 hours. The first round of the prelims paper consists of four sections, namely, general awareness, English language, quantitative aptitude, and reasoning.
- One has to secure minimum marks in each of these sections to clear the first phase. Only candidates who clear phase 1 are eligible to participate in the phase 2 exam. While coming to the final selection, only marks obtained in the mains exam and the interview will be considered. Phase one is only an eligibility test.
- It is very important to know about the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) before starting the preparation for the Grade B Officer exam. Getting familiar with the role and responsibilities of RBI not only helps you crack the online written examination but also during the personal interview. Focus on key functions such as policy rates and reserve ratios.
- A fresher should know that there is a restriction on the number of attempts one can make to become a Grade B officer in RBI. If you are serious about getting into RBI as a Grade B officer, never waste the attempts. Aspirants belonging to the general merit category are allowed to take six attempts to clear the prelims online examination. However, for candidates belonging to SC/ST and OBC castes, there is no restriction on attempts.
- The official notification has provided the detailed syllabus for the mains examination and provided the section names for the prelims exam. Aspirants have to go through the syllabus of the other competitive examinations such as SSC CGL and IBPS PO to understand what exactly each of the sections of the prelims carries. Though the format of the questions will be different in the RBI Grade B Officer exam, one can consider the syllabus of the other competitive exams mentioned above. The RBI will provide detailed information about the examination in an information handout, which will be released along with the admit card for phase II.
- If you are new to the RBI examination, start your preparation with the basic concepts of RBI apart from following the trending issues in the economy and finance. Stay updated with the current affairs related to the banking, stock exchange, budget, economy, finance, etc; this will accustom you to the exam preparation. Also, go through business and finance columns written by experts in various newspapers and magazines.
- A fresher or a beginner should put in extra effort compared to senior candidates to crack the RBI Grade B Officer examination. Hence, one should prepare an effective study schedule. If you are not from any finance background, acquaint yourself with financial terminology and basic concepts. Make a study schedule that should focus primarily on the prelims exam. Once you are confident about prelims, you can draft a new plan to prepare for the mains exam, because the screening round is very difficult to crack in almost all the examinations because of the high competition.
RBI Grade B Officer 2022 Mock Test
Mock tests will really help candidates to crack exams, as they will learn to manage the time and attempt more questions. Along with that, a mock test also helps to pick questions, they are sure of and avoid the negative marking. Personal mentors will help you to move confidently through the preparation period till the exam.
|Subject||Mock Test Link|
|Quantitative Aptitude||Click Here|
|Reasoning Ability||Click Here|
|English Language||Click Here|
|General Awareness||Click Here|
Entri wishes you all the best for your upcoming examinations. Start your Preparation today itself. Entri will help you with thousands of questions. Attempt mock tests, analyze yourselves to improve your success rate.