RBI is one of the most important banking exams conducted across the country. The exam provides an opportunity to work for India’s central banking institution, which controls the issuance and supply of the Indian currency, managing all the monetary policies of the country. The notification is released now and to invigorate your zeal to prepare for this exam, we are providing you with a list of section-wise important books for the RBI Grade B exam 2022. Besides giving you a list of the RBI Grade B best books 2022, we have handpicked a few other RBI Grade B phase 2 books of the same exam and have discussed Best Books for RBI Grade B Exam 2022 – Books PDF needed for its preparation.
Best Books for RBI Grade B Exam 2022
There are proper answers to the question of How To Start Preparation for RBI Grade B. RBI Grade B officer preparation can be taken into consideration online and you will have to start your preparation at least one month prior to the commencement of the entrance examination. The candidates must also take into consideration important RBI Grade B preparation books for different subjects such as the RBI Grade B reasoning books in order to prepare for the entrance examination successfully. RBI Grade B preparation plan must be equipped with all of the important specifications. Given below, we are sharing the important specifications related to the RBI Grade B books.
|Name of the Book||Books for Preparation|
Topic Based Books For RBI Grade B Exam 2022
Books For RBI Grade B Phase 1
There are proper answers to the question of How To Start Preparation for RBI Grade B. RBI Grade B officer preparation can be taken into consideration online and you will have to start your preparation at least one month prior to the commencement of the entrance examination. The candidates must also take into consideration important RBI Grade B books PDF in order to prepare for the entrance examination successfully. RBI Grade B preparation plan must be equipped with all of the important specifications. Given below, we are sharing the important specifications related to the study material.
- Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning by R.S. Agarwal
- Analytical Reasoning by M.K. Pandey
- Word Power Made simple by Norman Lewis
- Objective General English by S.P.Bakshi
- High School Grammar and Composition by Wren and Martin
- Magical Book on Quicker Maths by M. Tyra
- How to Prepare for Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations written by R.S. Agarwal
- Banking Awareness by Arihant Experts
- Banking Awareness for SEBI and IBPS Bank Clerk/PO/RBI Exams/RRB by Disha Experts
RBI Grade B Books For Phase 2
There are separate books available for phase 2 of the entrance examination conducted by the Reserve Bank of India and the phase 2 examination will consist of questions related to economics and social issues. There are various Indian economy books available in the market that will help you to check out important topics related to the economy of India. The questions related to financial management will also be asked in the phase 2 entrance examination conducted by the Reserve Bank of India and you can buy financial management books in order to prepare for the subject.
Economic and Social Issues Books
- Indian Economy: Uma Kapila (Series of Books)
- Indian Economy: Mishra Puri. (Latest Edition)
- Growth And Development: Devraj Ray
- Sociology: C.N. Shankar Rao
Other Preparation Material
- Economic and Political Weekly
- Southern Economist
- Business India
- RBI Bulletins
- Economic Times
- Business Standard
- World Development Report
- Economic Survey of India
- An introduction to Economics – A W Stonier and DC Hauge
- Monetary Theory and Public Policy – Kenneth Kurihara
- Indian Economy – Mishra and Puri
- Indian Economy – R. Dutt and KPM Sundaram
- Economic Growth and Development – Mayer and Baldwin
- Major economic newspapers and Economic and Political Weekly
- Public Finance – K K Andley and Sundaram
- Financial Management – Prasanna Chandra
Preparation Tips For RBI Grade B 2022
- Time Table for preparation. It should be made as per your ability.
- Make hand notes: Regularly make notes for Exam, so that you can easily understand and revise the previous topics.
- Know your strength and weakness. Check your weakness and work hard to remove weak points in the study. Manage time to solve the hard and easy topics in your syllabus.
- Set achievable targets for yourself, like studying 4 comprehensive topics in an hour, or 7-8 small topics in an hour. This will boost your speed as your mind will not feel overtaxed.
- Use flashcards. This is another great tool that will let you revise anytime, anywhere and with ease Make flashcards of important dates, events, and keywords to keep your memory fresh.
- Phase 1 is about time management. You have 120 minutes for 200 questions of four subjects which are Quantitative aptitude, Reasoning, English and General Awareness.
- If you have never prepared for IBPS/SSC/CAT/MAT type exam, invest 60–70% of the time in phase 1 preparation.
- Plan to score more in General Awareness as it is 40% of the exam and all 80 questions can be attempted in minimum time. General Awareness questions are more from Economy, banking, finance and social issues & all these topics are even part of the mains exam.
- A minimum cut-off mark is something you definitely need to score in every section, so plan well
- Sectional timing is also introduced this time in the preliminary exam.
- The Phase 2 syllabus is not lengthy but yes it is very diverse. You need to learn the fundamentals of varied topics.
- The exam requires a conceptual understanding of the topics given in the syllabus.
- While studying, the topics may appear simple but when options are there to choose from, one might get confused.
- Writing ability is very important for English paper which carries 100 marks for which reading editorial becomes a must.
Exam Strategies For RBI Grade B Officer 2022
The candidate should be well aware of the selection process and exam pattern before he starts preparing for the exam. The selection process of the RBI Grade B Officer Exam consists of two phases along with a personal interview. Both phases are conducted online.
- The Phase 1 exam will be conducted for 2 hours. The first round of the prelims paper consists of four sections, namely, general awareness, English language, quantitative aptitude, and reasoning.
- One has to secure minimum marks in each of these sections to clear the first phase. Only candidates who clear phase 1 are eligible to participate in the phase 2 exam. While coming to the final selection, only marks obtained in the mains exam and the interview will be considered. Phase one is only an eligibility test.
- It is very important to know about the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) before starting the preparation for the Grade B Officer exam. Getting familiar with the role and responsibilities of RBI not only helps you crack the online written examination but also during the personal interview. Focus on key functions such as policy rates and reserve ratios.
- A fresher should know that there is a restriction on the number of attempts one can make to become a Grade B officer in RBI. If you are serious about getting into RBI as a Grade B officer, never waste the attempts. Aspirants belonging to the general merit category are allowed to take six attempts to clear the prelims online examination. However, for candidates belonging to SC/ST and OBC castes, there is no restriction on attempts.
- The official notification has provided the detailed syllabus for the mains examination and provided the section names for the prelims exam. Aspirants have to go through the syllabus of the other competitive examinations such as SSC CGL and IBPS PO to understand what exactly each of the sections of the prelims carries. Though the format of the questions will be different in the RBI Grade B Officer exam, one can consider the syllabus of the other competitive exams mentioned above. The RBI will provide detailed information about the examination in an information handout, which will be released along with the admit card for phase II.
- If you are new to the RBI examination, start your preparation with the basic concepts of RBI apart from following the trending issues in the economy and finance. Stay updated with the current affairs related to the banking, stock exchange, budget, economy, finance, etc; this will accustom you to the exam preparation. Also, go through business and finance columns written by experts in various newspapers and magazines.
- A fresher or a beginner should put in extra effort compared to senior candidates to crack the RBI Grade B Officer examination. Hence, one should prepare an effective study schedule. If you are not from any finance background, acquaint yourself with financial terminology and basic concepts. Make a study schedule that should focus primarily on the prelims exam. Once you are confident about prelims, you can draft a new plan to prepare for the mains exam, because the screening round is very difficult to crack in almost all the examinations because of the high competition.
Don’t forget to follow the notification once it is released. Make sure to get plenty of practice. Take screenshots of important pages of the books or content so that even when you are travelling you don’t miss out on your practice. Now that you are provided all the necessary information regarding RBI Grade B Books for preparation. Candidates can also take free Mock Tests. Mock Tests are useful only after you cover the entire syllabus and are confident with the preparation. You can start giving Comprehensive mick tests 1-2 months just before the examination.