RBI Grade B 2023 Salary: A highly respectable position, well-paid salary, allowances, and assured future through a pension which diverts the minds of many aspirants to the RBI Grade B jobs. In this article, details of the RBI Grade B In-hand Salary, Perks, Increments, and Promotion have been provided along with allowances and benefits. Every year Reserve Bank of India(RBI) has released various job vacancies in the different departments of RBI. This year’s exam for Grade B post consists of three phases for the selection of candidates. Candidates who get selected after Phase-I & Phase-II of the exam are called for the final interview process.
This is a wonderful opportunity to get associated with the public sector and make use of the perks offered. Candidates looking for an opportunity in the banking field can apply for this post as soon as possible. Read further to find out more on RBI Officers Salary.
Click Here To Attempt A Mock Test For RBI Grade B
|Organisation||Reserve Bank of India|
|Exam Name||RBI Grade B 2023|
|Posts||Grade B Officers|
|Vacancies||To be notified|
|Online Registration||To be notified|
|Recruitment Basis||Direct Recruitment|
|Selection Process||Phase I, Phase II & Interview|
|RBI Grade B Salary||Rs. 55,200/- Basic Pay [Revised]|
|Job Location||Across India|
RBI Grade B 2023 Salary Structure
RBI Grade B Salary Structure
RBI Grade B salary structure is decided including several allowances, perks and benefits. The gross salary is INR 1,08,404 incluiding allowances, perks and benefits. The pay scale of RBI Grade B is INR 55,200-2850(9)-80850-EB-2850(2)-86550-3300(4)-99750(16 years). RBI Grade B Salary structure is given below.
|Parameters||RBI Grade B Salary (In INR)|
|Special Prerequisite Allowances||1465|
|Special Allowances- Direct Recruit||1800|
|Local Compensatory Allowances||3664|
RBI Grade B 2023 Inhand Salary
The Pay Scale for the RBI Grade B Officer is Rs. 55,200-2850(9)-80850-EB-2850(2)-86550-3300(4)-99750(16 years). This means that you will be having basic pay of Rs. 55,200/- in which you will get an increment of Rs. 2850/- up till nine years of your service. After the completion of nine years, you will get into the executive band wherein the basic pay will be Rs. 80850/- and then again for the next two years you will get an increment of Rs. 2850/- and further an increment of Rs. 3300/- for the following 4 years thus ending up with the basic pay of Rs. 99,750/- and this is when you don’t get any promotion. Apart from the Basic Pay, multiple emoluments such as Dearness Allowance, House Rent Allowance, Family Allowance, Telephone Allowance, Conveyance Allowance etc. will also be provided.
RBI Grade B 2023 Salary Slip
RBI Grade B Salary and perks will be included in the salary slip which will be provided by the Reserve Bank of India to all of the officers who will be getting their pay. The slip will have all of the important specifications related to the alliances and also the detection in the salaries of the employees as presented by the Reserve Bank of India. RBI Grade B depr salary can we check from the official website of the organization and the salary will be different each year because the salary is updated by the authorities taking into consideration the current pay scale going on around the market. The salary of RBI Grade B officer after the 7th pay commission can be checked online. You can check the details of the payslip given below-
|Pay and Allowances||INR||Deductions||INR|
|Basic Pay||35150.00||EE NPS Contrib Amount||6509.00|
|Grade Allowance||6800.00||Prof Tax-split period||200.00|
|Dearness Allow.||23144.00||BF EE NPS Monthly Contrib||13018.00|
|House Allowance||5273.00||House Rent Recovery||620.00|
|COPS Incentive||2720.00||Meal Coupon Deduction||400.00|
|Spl Perquisite Allowance||1465.00||MAF||300.00|
|Spl Allow-Direct Recruit||1800.00||RBI Officers Association||40.00|
|Local Compensatory Allows||3664.00||Sports Club Membership||30.00|
|Meal allowance||160.00||Income Fax||5319.00|
|Gross Pay||80,176.00||Total Deductions||26,436.00|
RBI Grade B 2023 Allowances
Along with Salary RBI Grade B officer is provided with many other allowances like Dearness Allowance, Local allowance, House Rent Allowance, Family allowance and Grade Allowance as per rules in force from time to time. Other benefits provided for Grade B officer includes Bank accommodation, Subject to availability, reimbursement of expenses for maintenance of vehicle for official purpose, newspaper, telephone charges, book grant, allowance for furnishing of residence, etc. as per the eligibility, Free dispensary facility besides reimbursement of medical expenses for OPD treatment/hospitalization as per the eligibility, Interest-free festival advance, Leave Fare Concession, Loans and Advances at concessional rates of interest for Housing, Vehicle, Education, Consumer Articles, Personal Computer, etc, Selected candidates will be governed by New Pension Scheme (NPS), in addition to the benefit of Gratuity.
|Dearness Allowance||Previously, the 113% of the basic pay accounted for DA has now been revised and has been increased up to 125%|
|House Rent Allowances||HRA is provided to the employees who are posted for jobs out of their hometowns. Accommodation is also provided to RBI employees. Usually, the selected candidate gets a 2 BHK flat. If the selected candidate gets an allotted accommodation/flat RBI offers an estimated amount of Rs.70,000 for accommodation in metro cities such as Mumbai.|
|Conveyance Allowance||Based on the declaration provided by the selected candidate, the candidate is paid this allowance. For example, the candidate given a hand amount in Mumbai will be getting 14,000 Rs.|
|Medical Allowance||The medical allowance of Rs.4500 is given to RBI employees. The selected candidates will also get the reimbursement of medical expenses for hospitalization and OPD treatment. Along with this, the RBI Grade B officer will also get a free dispensary facility.|
|Educational allowance||Selected RBI Grade B Officers will also get Education Allowance for their children as well. For this, the annual reimbursement amount accounts will nearly be Rs.4000 per month.|
|Leave fare concession||LFC/LTC is offered to the employee and his/her family once every two years. RBI provides Rs.10,7000 (approx.) per head for this purpose.|
RBI Grade B Salary 2023: Gross Deductions
The gross deductions from the RBI Grade B salary for different parameters are given below.
|EE NPS Contribution Amount||INR 6509|
|Prof Tax-split period||INR 200|
|BF EE NPS Monthly Contribution||INR 13,018|
|House Rent Recovery||INR 620|
|Meal Coupon Deduction||INR 400|
|RBI Officers Association||INR 40|
|Sports Club Membership||INR 30|
|Income Fax||INR 5319|
|Total Deductions||INR 26,436|
RBI Grade B 2023 Promotions
If you are working in the Grade B department of the Reserve Bank of India then you will be responsible for getting promotions in order to get this promotion. The candidates will have to go through the written examinations or other important examinations as presented by the concerned authorities. You can get a job as an assistant manager and from there you can work your way up to the governor. Given below, we are sharing the professional level for the people working as grade B officers in the Reserve Bank of India.
- Assistant Manager
- Assistant General Manager
- Deputy General Manager
- General Manager
- Chief General Manager
- Principal Chief General Manager
- Executive Director
- Deputy Governor
RBI Grade B Roles and Responsibilities 2023
Initially, the RBI Grade B officer is appointed on probation for two years which may be extended up to 4 years. Qualified candidates are likely to be posted and transferred to anywhere in India. RBI is the central bank of India, demands competent employees who can perform their duties in a perfect manner. Job profile of Grade B officer includes proper circulation of currency, control supply of liquidity in the market etc. RBI not only provides job security that many wish to get but also provides many perks & allowances that acts as an added advantage to the job profile. RBI Grade B Officer is a highly respected position that requires utmost sincerity and perseverance. Some basic RBI Grade B job duties are as follows:
- To undertake collection, compilation, analysis and interpretation of data on banking, corporate and external sectors.
- Modelling and forecasting of inflation, growth and other important macroeconomics indicators.
- Analytical studies involving statistical/econometric models in the operational areas of interest to the Reserve Bank.
- Planning, designing and organizing sample surveys.
- Maintaining technology-driven centralized reporting system and Data warehouse for information management /dissemination;
- Development of methodology for the measurement and estimation of variables and improvement of the database of various sectors of the economy.
RBI Grade B 2023 Retirement Details
There are proper retirement opportunities available to all of the employees of the Reserve Bank of India and one of the most important retirement benefits that you will be able to get is the benefit of Central Government pensions. The Central Government provides pension opportunities for all of the employees of The Reserve Bank of India and the function will be available as soon as you will retire from the job. You can also take into consideration an employee provident fund and that will be your saviour in your retirement.
Exam Strategies For RBI Grade B Officer 2023
The candidate should be well aware of the selection process and exam pattern before he starts preparing for the exam. The selection process of the RBI Grade B Officer Exam consists of two phases along with a personal interview. Both phases are conducted online.
- The Phase 1 exam will be conducted for 2 hours. The first round of the prelims paper consists of four sections, namely, general awareness, English language, quantitative aptitude, and reasoning.
- One has to secure minimum marks in each of these sections to clear the first phase. Only candidates who clear phase 1 are eligible to participate in the phase 2 exam. While coming to the final selection, only marks obtained in the mains exam and the interview will be considered. Phase one is only an eligibility test.
- It is very important to know about the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) before starting the preparation for the Grade B Officer exam. Getting familiar with the role and responsibilities of RBI not only helps you crack the online written examination but also during the personal interview. Focus on key functions such as policy rates and reserve ratios.
- A fresher should know that there is a restriction on the number of attempts one can make to become a Grade B officer in RBI. If you are serious about getting into RBI as a Grade B officer, never waste the attempts. Aspirants belonging to the general merit category are allowed to take six attempts to clear the prelims online examination. However, for candidates belonging to SC/ST and OBC castes, there is no restriction on attempts.
- The official notification has provided the detailed syllabus for the mains examination and provided the section names for the prelims exam. Aspirants have to go through the syllabus of the other competitive examinations such as SSC CGL and IBPS PO to understand what exactly each of the sections of the prelims carries. Though the format of the questions will be different in the RBI Grade B Officer exam, one can consider the syllabus of the other competitive exams mentioned above. The RBI will provide detailed information about the examination in an information handout, which will be released along with the admit card for phase II.
- If you are new to the RBI examination, start your preparation with the basic concepts of RBI apart from following the trending issues in the economy and finance. Stay updated with the current affairs related to the banking, stock exchange, budget, economy, finance, etc; this will accustom you to the exam preparation. Also, go through business and finance columns written by experts in various newspapers and magazines.
- A fresher or a beginner should put in extra effort compared to senior candidates to crack the RBI Grade B Officer examination. Hence, one should prepare an effective study schedule. If you are not from any finance background, acquaint yourself with financial terminology and basic concepts. Make a study schedule that should focus primarily on the prelims exam. Once you are confident about prelims, you can draft a new plan to prepare for the mains exam, because the screening round is very difficult to crack in almost all the examinations because of the high competition.
Click Here To Attempt A Video Lesson For RBI Grade B
The candidates must check out the various details related to the recruitment opportunity presented by the Reserve Bank of India in order to get proper information related to the Grade B vacancies. Entri is a learning platform that comes out with a lot of different learning opportunities for the people who want to be a part of various working organisations present in India. Enrol now and you will be eligible to get video lessons and also mock tests that will help you to perform in your Government organisation entrance examination in a much better way.
Discussion about this post