State Bank of India (SBI) conducts recruitment drive to recruit officers into different specialized categories. SBI invites application for Specialist Officer (SO) recruitment as per available vacancy in different departments. State Bank of India has released recruitment notification for specialist officers on regular basis for the post of Deputy Manager (Law). The candidates who wants to apply must satisfy the required eligibility criteria. SBI Specialist Officer Eligibility Criteria includes many aspects such as educational qualification, age, experience and nationality of the candidate. It is very important for all the candidates to go through the SBI SO Eligibility Criteria before applying for the post of Specialist Officer in State Bank of India. Here, in this article we will discuss the eligibility criteria required for SBI SO posts.
SBI SO 2020 – Overview
|Name of the Post||Deputy Manager(Law)|
|Job Location||All over India|
|Selection Process||Written Test & Interview|
|Scale of Pay||31705-1145/1-32850-1310/10-45950.|
|Start of Online Application||23.01.2020|
|Closing Of Online Application||12.02.2020|
|Download Examination Call letter||21.02.2020|
|Date of examination||08-03.2020(tentative)|
SBI SO 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria set by State Bank of India for the Specialist Officer (SO) recruitment is as mentioned below. Following factors has to be satisfied by the candidates to be eligible to apply for the post-
- Candidates applying must be Indian Citizen to apply for SBI specialist officer recruitment process.
- Candidates appearing must be of age within 25 – 35 years as on 31.10.2019.
- Also Candidates of 42 years of age with minimum 8 years experience as Law Officer on regular or contract basis with any Public Sector Bank are eligible.
Age Relaxation in upper age limit for certain categories is as mentioned below-
|Schedule Caste/ Schedule Tribe||5 years|
|Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy Layer)||3 years|
|Persons with Disabilities (PWD)||PWD (SC/ ST)||15 years|
|PWD (OBC)||13 years|
|PWD (General/ EWS)||10 years|
|Ex-Serviceman, Commissioned officers including Emergency Commissioned Officers (ECOs/ Short Service Commissioned Officers (SSCOs) who have rendered 5 years military service and have been released on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within one year from the date of receipt of application).||5 years|
- Candidates must hold a Degree in Law (3 years/ 5 years) from a recognized University in India.
Post Qualification Experience (As on 31.12.2019)-
- Applicants Enrolled as Advocates with Bar Council with 4 years of experience as practicing Advocate are eligible.
- Law Officer in the Legal Department of Scheduled Commercial Banks .
- Candidates must possess 4 years combined experience as practicing advocate and Law Officer in the Legal Department of Scheduled Commercial Banks.
NB: – The experience should be after enrollment as advocate with Bar Council.
Exam Pattern for SBI SO Deputy Manager (Law) Examination-
The recruitment process for Specialist Officer post of Deputy Manager involves two phases – a written test and Interview. Below tabulated is the exam pattern-
|Subject||No. of Questions||Time(Minutes)||Maximum Marks|
- The questions will be bilingual i.e. in Hindi & English except for test of English Language Paper. The candidates will have option to give their answer either in Hindi or English Language.
- For each question wrong answer, one-fourth of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty.
- All papers will be qualifying in nature except for Professional Knowledge (PK) paper. Candidates have to score minimum qualifying marks in these papers. The minimum qualifying marks will be as decided by Bank or may be waived at the discretion of Bank.
- Candidates must score equal to or above the cut-off marks decided by bank in the test of “Professional Knowledge for shortlisting for interview. Merit list of qualified candidates in the test will be based on the marks scored in the test of “Professional Knowledge (PK)” only.
How you can use Entri app for your exam preparation:
- Entri provides an online platform to help you prepare for competitive exams.
- Download for free of cost and get access to video classes, exams and study cards with a single subscription fee.
- You can access full length mock tests and previous year question papers.
Hope you have benefited from this article. Keep visiting us for further details. Entri wishes you all the best for your upcoming exams.