State Bank of India (SBI) is a Public Sector Bank that conducts an annual SBI SO Recruitment exercise for eligible candidates every calendar year. The term Specialist Cadre Officer (SCO) and Specialist Officer (SO) are often used interchangeably. SBI has released 82 new vacancies on various posts. The candidates can check the SBI SO notification page for more information. The eligible candidates can apply online for the SBI SO exam from December 24, 2021, to January 13, 2022. The selection process for the posts shall include shortlisting based on the application and then an Interview. The call letter for the same shall be sent to the candidate’s registered email address. In this blog, we will discuss the SBI SO Syllabus and Exam Pattern 2022 – Syllabus PDF.
SBI SO Exam Pattern 2022
The candidates applying for the SBI SO exam need to be aware of the SBI SO exam pattern which includes 2 papers – Paper 1 and Paper 2. Paper 1 comprises of questions from English Language, Reasoning Ability and Quantitative Aptitude. Paper 2 comprises questions from Professional Knowledge. The distribution of marks of each section totally depends on the type of SBI SO post that a candidate has applied for at the time of online application. The candidates qualifying for the online examination are eligible for the next process which is the Interview round. The final list of shortlisted candidates will be announced by taking into consideration the marks obtained by the candidates in the Professional Knowledge section and the Interview round.
For Assistant Manager, Deputy Manager, and IT Security Expert
There will be an online written examination for the vacancies provided and there will be four subjects included in this entrance examination and all of the subjects will be qualifying in nature. The examination will have multiple choice questions and each question will have four possibilities. The applicants will have to choose the best option in order to successfully give this entrance examination. With the exception of the English language paper, all questions will be multilingual in nature. Each question will be of one mark and there will be no negative marking.
|Subject||Maximum Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|IT Professional Knowledge||75||150||70 minutes|
For Project Manager, Application Architect and Technical Lead
The written examination will be done online for these vacancies mentioned above. Reasoning, English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, Role-based Knowledge, and IT Professional Knowledge are the five components in the Project Manager, Application Architect, and Technical Lead exams. For each correct answer, one mark will be provided to all of the candidates and there will be no provision related to the negative marking. The entrance examination structure for these vacancies is shared below.
|Subject||Maximum Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|IT Professional Knowledge||25||50||70 minutes|
SBI SO Syllabus 2022
SBI SO IT officer syllabus can be checked from the official notification published by the authorities and all of the people must take into consideration the official syllabus in order to appear for the entrance examination. SBI SO assistant manager system syllabus and SBI SO IT Officer professional knowledge syllabus can be taken into consideration for the people who want to apply for this prestigious entrance examination. SBI SO professional knowledge syllabus can also be checked from the table given below and then you can start preparing for the entrance examination by taking into consideration all of the details.
|IT Professional Knowledge||
SBI SO Syllabus 2022 PDF
The candidates can also download a PDF format of the syllabus presented by the concerned authorities of the State Bank of India for this prestigious vacancy presented by them. In order to prepare for the entrance examination, you can take into consideration the detailed syllabus for each and every subject included in this entrance examination. There are five different subjects which will be included in the entrance examination and you have to prepare for each and every subject separately in order to gain proper information. Make sure that you take into consideration a very detailed study plan in order to practice for the entrance examination and crack it on your first try.
Best Books For SBI SO 2022
Preparing with the best books will help you to score high marks in the SBI SO 2022 examination and the applicants can use our E-learning platform called Entri app, which provides you with study materials for each banking exam (category wise). Prepare each section mentioned in the syllabus with the following books. It is important to buy proper study material and books from the internet or from your nearest bookstore in order to start preparing for the State Bank of India subordinate officers entrance examination. You can also take into consideration sample papers and mock tests in order to create an atmosphere in which you can practice with the skills and knowledge also.
Books for English
Language is an essential medium of communication, therefore English is one of the important areas for the SBI SO exam.
- High School English Grammar and Composition by Wren & Martin
- Objective General English by S.P. Bakshi
- Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis
- Objective General English by R.S. Agarwal and Vikas Agarwal
- Descriptive General English by S.P. Bakshi and Richa Sharma
Books for Quantitative Aptitude
- Fast Track Objective Arithmetic by Rajesh Verma
- Data Interpretation by Arun Sharma
- Quantum CAT by Sarvesh Kumar Verma
- Magical Book on Quicker Mathematics by M Tyra
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations by RS Agarwal
- Quantitative Aptitude Test by N.K. Singh
- Quickest Mathematics by Kiran
Books for Reasoning Ability
- Analytical Reasoning by M.K. Pandey
- A New Approach to Reasoning Verbal and Non-Verbal by B.S. Sijwali, Indu Sijwali
- A Modern Approach to Verbal Reasoning by R.S. Agarwal
Books for Professional Knowledge
The professional knowledge section is the most important section in the SBI SO exam. Candidates are asked questions as per their selection of posts. The questions will be from the fundamentals and practical knowledge of the subjects.
- Professional knowledge for SBI Specialist IT Officer Exam by Disha Experts
- Guide for SBI Specialist Officers Exam by Arihant
- 11 Practice Paper for SBI Specialist (Systems) Officers Exam by G.K. Prakashan
- Guide for SBI Specialist (Systems) Officers Exam by G.K. Prakashan
- Practice Work Book for SBI Specialist Computer / System (I. T.) Officers Exam by Kiran Prakashan
How to Prepare for SBI SO Exam 2022?
There are various tips and tricks that you can incorporate in your daily life in order to learn more about the entrance examination conducted by the State Bank of India and continue with your preparation for the entrance examination. You have to take into consideration subject wise entrance examination tips and tricks and then you will be able to crack the entrance examination conducted by the Reserve Bank of India. Given below, we are sharing the tips and tricks associated with each and every subject included in the entrance examination.
- It is easy to score well in the English section with a little bit of hard work
- Candidates should concentrate on the vocabulary and grammar section
- Improve your word-forming power by practising essay writing and writing letters
- Try to build a strong command over the language by speaking frequently in English
- Cultivate the habit of reading books and newspapers
- Solve exercises given at the end of each chapter
- Practice writing regularly
- Candidates must devise a proper study plan to score well in this section
- Candidates must first sort and segregate the important chapters for the examination
- Learn difficult topics first and move to the easier topics
- Write down important notes as you learn
- Practice regularly and attempt mock tests frequently
- Try to build a strong base in mathematics by learning conceptually
- Try learning one chapter at a time. Proceed to the next chapter only after completing the previous one
- Start learning by practising the solved examples
- Practice as much as possible from previous years question papers
- Attempt numerous mock tests
- Make a note of all important formulas
- This section includes various topics such as IT and Finance programs
- Topics coming under this section are data communication and networking, software engineering, object-oriented programming, database management system, compiler system, data structure, statistics, operating system etc depending on the post you are applying for.
- In order to make this section easier candidates should prepare notes and revise often
- Make a proper timetable
- Attempt mock test
- Practice previous questions
- Allocate time to various topics wisely
Entri always provides you with date materials that are created by Entri’s Top Experts. Mock tests are available in bilingual and other regional languages. You can also download Entri to access the unlimited mock test. Open your Entri App go to the other Bank Exam Tab and check the mock tests. You can check courses and Mock tests for other examinations as well. Subscribe to our Mock Test and clear your examination with flying colours. Ace your preparation. That is where Entri comes in. It helps you to prepare effectively for your Exam. That will be all from our end at Entri, hope you have benefited from our mock tests and study materials. Entri wishes you all the best for your upcoming examinations. Start your Preparation today itself.