Table of Contents
The Departmental Tests published in the Extra-ordinary Kerala Gazette No. 1964 dated 05.07.2021 will be from 15.09.2021 at different centres in all districts as per the prescribed timetable. The candidates who have applied for the test can check the official website to download the Admission tickets. Or Click here to download the Admission Ticket. The examinations will be objective type (OMR). There will be an exemption for the IInd class Language Exam in Malayalam/Tamil/Kannada and the Minority Language Test in Kannada and Tamil. The exam may not be OMR type for these
Kerala Public Service Commission conducts department tests solely for the employees currently working in the Kerala Government Departments, Boards, Corporations, Autonomous Bodies under the Commissions’ 17th decision on 05.03.2003. Moreover, these department tests will help the employee to get promotions based on his/her qualifications. Here in this article, we can discuss the online registration procedure and various other details regarding the departmental tests.
Departmental Test July 2021 Notification
Kerala PSC has released the July session notification. Candidates, who plan to attend the departmental in July also note that, if they have applied and admitted for the January session 2021 notification, need not apply separately for this time ONLY. Also, they can apply for the exam center change or for adding any exams/ posts other than applied earlier.
Important Dates and Details
|Name of post
|Departmental Test July 2021
|D E 1 – 1/467672/2021-EW
|Date of Notification
|02 July 2021
|Last date to apply online
|04th August 2021
|From 15 September 2021
Eligibility Criteria for Department Test
Mostly the departmental tests are conducted twice a year – January and July. The candidates interested to appear for the Kerala PSC Departmental Test will have to satisfy all the conditions laid down in G.O. (P) No. 481/Public (Special) Department dated: 8.11.1963 and the amendments issued thereto.
Department Test Notification 2021 Exam Centres
The exams are conducted in three districts, Ernakulam, Kozhikode, Trivandrum. And, the exam centers will be allotted according to the availability in these sectors.
Trivandrum Sector- Trivandrum, Kollam, Pathanamthitta, Alappuzha
Ernakulam Sector- Kottayam, Idukki, Ernakulam, Thrissur, Palakkad
Kozhikode Sector- Malappuram, Kozhikode, Kannur, Wayanad, Kasargode
Candidates from Lakshadweep can apply at Ernakulam or Kozhikode centers.
Kerala Department Test Notification August 2021 PDF
Department Test One-time Registration
All the employees interested to appear for the departmental test should completer their One-Time registration. Those who have completed this only can apply for the tests. The application procedure is as follows:
- Log on to the official website of Kerala PSC www.keralapsc.gov.in.
- Click on the Departmental Test Registration link.
- Now, the registration window will be opened.
- Sign up for new registration.
- Upload the latest scanned photograph, (150px X 200px). Maximum size allowed is 30kb.
- Then, enter the candidate’s personal details like name, date of birth, age, permanent address, address for communication, name of the guardian, mobile number, and email id.
- Next, have to enter the details of the candidates’ present job details – Department, the present post held by the candidate, office address, and any ID proof. ID proof can be a PAN card, Voter’s ID, Driving License, or PEN (Permanent Employee Number).
- Verify all the entered data and click on the Next button.
- The candidate can get the login details now. Either can use a system-generated username and password or can enter the self.
- After clicking the Submit button, the procedure is completed. All candidates should apply before 04th August 2021 and also make e-payments before 12 AM of the last date.
- Those candidates who have already registered can use their username and password to log in.
- On the log-in page, can take the printout of registration details by clicking on my Registration Card.
Department Tests: Examination Fee
|Departmental Test (For each Paper)
|Certificate (For each Paper)
|Copy of OMR Paper
|Revaluation of OMR Paper
|Certificate Search Fees
Payments are can only be made through the e-payment system. Click on the ‘Make Payment’ link on the right side of your profile. Details of the same will be available on the candidates’ profiles.
- Candidates appearing for the obligatory tests or for the line of promotion are having a free chance according to the G.O.(MS)166/76/PD dated 04.06.1976.
- Only one free chance is permitted.
- Those eligible candidates who applied for the free chance and skipped exams will lose their chance.
- Candidates on Deputation, applying for the free chance, should get concerned from the parent department.
Second Class Language Test in Malayalam (Tamil/Kannada), Minority Language Test (Tamil/Kannada) will be a descriptive examination.
All other tests will be objective
Negative marking of 1/3rd of marks. 1 mark for every correct answer mark.
Exam Pattern 2021
Second Class Language Test (In Malayalam)
Candidates should have applied for Department test notification 2021 – Part A (written test) Part B (viva voce) separately
|Item of Syllabus
|Translating an essay passage of Tamil/ Kannada Prose relating to
Indian Subjects which contain no words that have not familiar equivalents in Malayalam
Conversing with accuracy and fluency in Malayalam
70 marks out of 200
Minority Language Test (In Tamil/Kannada)
|Duration of Test
|A Simple Test in translation consisting
of one paper of two hours duration.
There shall be Two questions, One on
translation from English to Kannada or
Tamil and the other on translation from Kannada or Tamil to English.
Books allowed for Department Tests
- The constitution of India (Bare Act), Any private publication
- Law of Motor Vehicles in Kerala, Sri.A.Gangadharan BA, BL, and Sri. G.Suresh for AG Publications, Cochin
- Law of Taxes on Motor Vehicles, Sri. A. K. Avirah, Advocate, Ernakulam, and Sri. Parameswaran Moothath, B.A. B.L
- The Kerala Motor Vehicles Taxation Act, 1976, Sri. Sugathan, Advocate, Ernakulam
- Kerala Motor Vehicle Taxation Act and Rules, Published by Law Books Centre Ernakulam
- Kerala Panchayat Manual (Act and Rules), Published by the Kerala Law Times, Cochin-11 or Cochin 31
- Code of Civil Procedure, published by the Kerala Law Times Cochin-11 or Cochin 31, Swami Law House Ernakulam &Law Books Centre, Ernakulam.
- Law of Motor Vehicles and Motor Accident Claims, Published by Law Books Centre Ernakulam
- Civil Rules of Practice, Law Books Centre, Ernakulam Edited by Sri.George Johnson &Sri Dominic Johnson.
- Code of Criminal Procedure, Published by Law Books center, Kochi, Swami Law House, Ernakulam
- Indian Penal Code, Published by Law Books center, Kochi, Swami Law House, Ernakulam
- The Kerala Abkari Act, B.G.Harindranath, Swamy Law House, Ernakulam.
- Laws on Land, Sri.Gangadharan and Sri. G.Suresh
- Kerala Land Reforms Act, Sri.Sugathan, Advocate, Ernakulam
- Law Of Land Reforms In Kerala, Sri.George Johnson and Sri.Dominic Johnson
- Kerala Village Manual (6th edition only), S. Seetharaman Potty and published by SAS publications, Ernakulam
- The Minimum Wages Act, 1948, Universal Publications, Law Publishing Company Pvt. Ltd, New Delhi.
- The Payment of Wages Act, 1936 (Same publication as above)
- The Payment of Bonus Act, 1965 (Same publication as above)
- The Industrial Disputes Act, 1947 (Same publication as above)
- The Employees Compensation Act, 1923 (Same publication as above)
|Kerala PSC Departmental Test Exam Information Links
|Kerala PSC Departmental Test Syllabus
|Kerala PSC Departmental Test Mock Test
|Kerala PSC Departmental Test Exam Date
|Kerala PSC Departmental Test Video Course
|Kerala PSC Departmental Test Application Form
|Kerala PSC Departmental Test Study Materials
|Kerala PSC Departmental Test Vacancy
|Kerala PSC Departmental Test Interview Questions
|Kerala PSC Departmental Test Admit Card
|Kerala PSC Departmental Test Job Profile
|Kerala PSC Departmental Test Study Plan
|Kerala PSC Departmental Test Salary
|Kerala PSC Departmental Test Previous Question Papers
|Kerala PSC Departmental Test Best Books
|Kerala PSC Departmental Test Result
|Kerala PSC Departmental Test Eligibility Criteria
|Kerala PSC Departmental Test Cutoff
|Kerala PSC Departmental Test Selection Process
|Kerala PSC Departmental Test Exam Analysis
|Kerala PSC Departmental Test Answer Key