The NABARD or National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development invites aspirants to apply for the post of Manager in Grade ‘B’ in Rural Development Banking Service (RDBS). Click Here for the Recruitment Notification. In this blog, we will discuss NABARD Grade B Syllabus and Exam Pattern 2021.
Click Here Get Free Mock tests for NABARD Exams!!
NABARD Grade B Syllabus and Exam Pattern 2021
NABARD Grade B Exam Pattern
The Selection Process for NABARD Grade B Post consists of three phases.
- Prelims Exam: Online(Objective MCQ)
- Mains Exam: Online (Objective MCQ and Descriptive)
NABARD Grade B Exam Pattern Prelims:
NABARD Grade B Prelims 2021 will be an online test that will consist of multiple-choice questions. NABARD Grade B exam consists of seven sections: English Language, Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, Computer Knowledge, General Awareness, Economic & Social Issues (with focus on Rural India), and Agriculture & Rural Development (with focus on Rural India).
NABARD Grade B Phase 1 exam will be of 200 marks with a time duration of 2 hours. All the sections in NABARD Grade B 2021 Exam will be allotted marks as shown in the table below.
|Test Name||No. Of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time Duration|
|Quantitative Aptitude||20||20 Marks|
|Reasoning Ability||20||20 Marks|
|Computer Knowledge||20||20 Marks|
|General Awareness||20||20 Marks|
|English Language||40||40 Marks|
|Agriculture & Rural Development (With a focus on Rural India)||40||40 Marks|
|Economic and Social Issues (With a focus on Rural India)||40||40 Marks|
|Total||200||200 Marks||2 Hours|
NABARD Grade B Exam Pattern Mains:
The aspirants who qualify NABARD Grade B Prelims 2021, will be called for NABARD Grade B Mains 2021. A cut-off will be released through which it will be decided who all are eligible for the NABARD Grade B Mains 2021.
The exam pattern of NABARD Grade B Mains 2021 is given in the table below:
|Exam||Name of Test||Number of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|Paper 1||General English||100||100 Marks||90 Min|
|Paper 2||Economic and Social Issues and Agriculture and Rural Development (focus on Rural India) for General Posts||100||100 Marks||90 Min|
|Paper 3||Development Economics, Statistics, Finance, and Management||100||100 Marks||90 Min|
NABARD Grade B Phase 3 (Interview) 2021
All the aspirants who will secure decent qualifying marks in the NABARD Grade B Phase 2 Examination will be short-listed for the Interview. The Interview of NABARD Grade B 2021 will carry 40 marks.
Click Here Get Free Mock tests for NABARD Grade B Exams!!
NABARD Grade B Syllabus Prelims
Maximum Marks: 200 Marks
Duration: 120 Minutes
- Test of Reasoning – 20 Marks
- Puzzles (Seating Arrangement, Linear Seating Arrangement, Floor Based)
- Syllogism, Data Sufficiency
- Statement Based Questions (Verbal Reasoning)
- Miscellaneous Questions, Input-Output, Blood Relations Etc.
- English language- 40 Marks
- Reading Comprehension
- Cloze Test
- Sentence Improvement
- Spotting The Errors
- Fill In The Blanks And Sentence Rearrangement
- Computer Knowledge- 20 Marks
- Input-Output Devices
- Dbms, MS Office
- History Of Computers & Generations, Shortcuts
- General Awareness- 20 Marks
- Current Affairs
- Banking and Economy,
- In The Current Affairs, Questions Can Be Asked From Recent Appointments, Latest Developments In Science And Technology, Awards and Honors, Sports, New Schemes, National &International News, etc.
- Quantitative Aptitude- 20 Marks
- Data Interpretation
- Quadratic Equations
- Number Series
- Simplification/ Approximation
- Data Sufficiency
- Few Miscellaneous Questions From Profit And Loss, Age, Average, Simple And Compound Interest, Boat And Stream, Time And Work And Area
- Economical and Social Issues- 40 Marks
- Agriculture and Rural Development- 40 Marks
NABARD Grade B Syllabus Mains
Syllabus for Paper 1
- General English: (Descriptive)
The paper will consist of descriptive type questions carrying a total of 100 marks.
Duration: 1.5 Hours. The analytical and drafting ability of the aspirants shall be assessed from the Descriptive English paper through report writing, paragraph writing, essay writing, comprehension & Letter writing.
Syllabus for Paper 2
The syllabus consists of Economic and Social Issues and Agri. and Rural Development. This paper is also for Duration of 1.5 Hours
- Economic & Social Issues:
- Nature of Indian Economy
- Structural and Institutional features
- Economic underdevelopment
- Opening up the Indian Economy
- Economic Reforms in India – Privatization
- Inflation – Trends in Inflation & their Impact on National Economy and Individual Income.
- Employment Generation in India
- Agriculture and Rural Development:
- Definition, meaning and its branches,
- Agronomy: definition, meaning, and scope of agronomy
- Classification of field crops
- Factors affecting crop production
- Agro Climatic Zones
- Cropping Systems: Definition and types of cropping systems
- Problems of dryland agriculture
- Seed production.
- Rural Development
- Concept of Rural Area
- Structure of the Indian Rural Economy
- Importance and role of the rural sector in India
- Economic, Social and Demographic Characteristics of the Indian rural economy
- Causes of rural backwardness.
Syllabus for Paper 3:
Syllabus Consists of Development Economics, Statistics, and Finance & Management.
- Development Economics
- Measures of development
- Economic Development Models
- the role of subsidies, the importance of savings and investment
- Importance of agriculture
- Terms of trade in agriculture
- Development issues in India
- Basic statistical concepts
- Summarizing of data
- Frequency distribution
- Measures of Central Tendency
- Relative dispersion
- Elementary Probability
- Relative Frequency Approach
- Axiomatic Approach
- Analysis of frequency distribution
- Sampling Methods
- Time Series Analysis.
- Financial system in India
- Regulation of Banks & Financial Institutions
- Banking and Financial Institutions in India
- financial system- features, characteristics, and issues
- Microfinance, its significance, and importance; Union Budget; Project finance- Assessment and Sources for block capital, working capital, Infrastructure financing- Risk Management in Banking Sector, Sources of capital.
- Management: its nature and scope
- The Management Processes;
- Planning an organization, Staffing, Directing and Controlling
- The Role of a Manager in an Organization.
- The Tasks of a Leader
- Leadership Styles
- Leadership Theories
- A successful
- Leader versus an effective Leader.
NABARD Grade B Interview
Applicants qualifying in the mains exam with a sufficiently high rank in merit shall be short-listed for the interview. The Interview carries 40 Marks.
Hope that this article helped you to gain information about NABARD Grade B Syllabus 2021 and Exam Pattern. For updates on various government, exams keep visiting this blog.
Download Entri app to get free mock tests for NABARD Grade B exams!!!
Discussion about this post