Table of Contents
IBPS (Institute of Banking Personnel Selection) Clerk exam is conducted by IBPS every year for the recruitment of clerical posts in 11 public sector banks all over the country. All public sector banks use CRP as a basis for filling vacancies for this post. IBPS will conduct Clerk Year 12 exam for FY 2022-23 and hence it will be named as IBPS Clerk CRP XII. The IBPS Clerk exam is conducted at two levels – Prelims and Mains. Students who have qualified in both these exams are thus selected for this post. IBPS Clerk Preliminary Exam 2022 is scheduled on 28th August, 3rd and 4th September 2022.
The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) conducts examinations every year to recruit candidates for various posts to be placed in various public sector banks across the country. The selection of aspirants will be based on preliminary and main examinations. Applicants who have successfully cleared the main exam are placed in the bank according to their bank preference list and merit list. Document verification, medical test, and dispatch details will be communicated to selected candidates through the respective banks. Most of the shortlisted candidates will aim for Can I get home by posting in IBPS Clerk? Here in this article, we have added complete details regarding IBPS Clerk Home Posting 2022. IBPS has released the official Institute of Banking Personnel Selection Clerk 2022 notification on its official website for the recruitment of administrative cadre candidates. This is a great opportunity for candidates to get a job in banking. Many candidates have queries about the IBPS Clerk posting in their hometown, IBPS Clerk Posting details, IBPS Clerk Posting policy, IBPS Clerk posting location, IBPS Clerk posting procedure, IBPS Clerk posting in which bank, and IBPS Clerk posting after selection. Find out the answers to these questions and other details about IBPS Clerk Home Post 2022 in this article.
IBPS Clerk Participating Banks 2022
Here is the list of IBPS Participating Banks 2022. Candidates will be selected on the basis of Prelims and Mains Exams. After the final selection, they will be posted in any of these IBPS Participating Banks 2022. In any case candidates have to give preference order from this list of IBPS Participating Banks 2022 while applying for this recruitment.
|IBPS Clerk Participating Banks 2022 List|
|Bank of Baroda||Punjab National Bank|
|Canara Bank||Union Bank of India|
|Indian Overseas Bank||Bank of Maharashtra|
|UCO Bank||Indian Bank|
|Bank of India||Punjab & Sind Bank|
|Central Bank of India|
IBPS Clerk Home Posting 2022 – IBPS Clerk Posting In Home Town
Most of the selected candidates are aiming for the IBPS Clerk job in their home city. Details related to Institute of Banking Personnel Selection Clerk Home Posting 2022 are given below.
- Since the clerical examination is conducted by the state, the candidates will definitely be placed in their home state, but the home city placement depends on the factors mentioned below.
- IBPS Clerk Home Post 2022 is based on the number of branches the bank has in the respective district.
- Vacancy of clerical cadre posts in that particular district is also a deciding factor for IBPS officer home post.
- Posting of IBPS Officer in Home City also depends on the Bank’s Posting Policy for IBPS Officers.
- When it comes to IBPS Clerk Home Posting 2022, preference is given to female candidates as compared to male candidates.
- Candidates will mostly be based in their home city or closer to their home city, and there are several options for locating away from your home city.
- If the candidates are placed far away from your home town then they can apply for posting of IBPS Clerk to home town after joining the bank..
IBPS Clerk Posting and Responsibilities – 2022
The exam takes place in two stages, the first is the preliminary paper and the second is the main paper. After the release of the results, the selected candidates will receive their posting. In the first few years, clerks are less likely to get a post near their home town. The place of posting of an IBPS officer is generally decided by the employer.
The probation period after posting at the bank branch lasts 6 months. After that, the clerk’s performance will be evaluated and his position will become permanent accordingly. A clerk can expect a promotion after 3-4 years depending on performance.
Some of the duties of a clerk are listed below:
- The clerk regularly communicates with customers and helps them a deposit and withdraw money on a daily basis.
- The clerk’s job is also to accept demand drafts, dividend warrants, pay orders, and cheques.
- Issuing cash receipts and ESI stamps are carried out by a clerk.
- He/She also has to supervise the work of ancillary staff in the bank.
- The clerk must regularly maintain the tally and balance sheet of the bank regularly.
- Another important job of a clerk is bringing in new customers and marketing the bank’s products/services.
These days, banks are going completely digital; thus, clerks should know how to work on a computer, especially basic data entry and calculation functions. In fact, it is a mandatory requirement for a clerk’s job.
Transfer Policy of IBPS Clerk
After the IBPS Clerk 2022 selection exams, the selected candidates will be posted on the bank branches having vacancies. These branches can be anywhere in the country and there is no guarantee that candidates will get a location near their home. However, the transfer policy is different when it comes to females.
Married women are usually transferred to a branch located as close as possible to their husband’s residence. In the case of unmarried women, the posting is usually somewhere near the residence of the candidate’s parents. After promotion to an officer post, most candidates are retained in their home state.
IBPS Clerk Posting Details
IBPS Clerk 2022 Posting Location Details are given below.
- The posting of selected Institute of Banking Personnel Selection Clerk candidates in their home location is generally based on the employing bank. But female candidates may have more hope than male candidates.
- Male candidates will also get home but will have to wait a few years.
- Priority will be given to their seniors who first applied for a home posting in that particular state.
IBPS Clerk Posting Policy
The posting policy of IBPS officers depends on various factors and posts will be allotted based on some priorities.
- Married women will be given higher priority to be placed in their home town.
- Unmarried women will be placed in their hometown or closer to their hometown.
- Then male candidates will be placed based on their bank preference and the above conditions for IBPS Clerk Home 2022.
IBPS Clerk Posting Procedure
Institute of Banking Personnel Selection Clerk Posting Procedure 2022 for selected candidates is given below for candidates’ reference. Candidates are eager to know the complete details regarding the posting procedure of IBPS officer, IBPS clerks posting after selection, and the process after the provisional Allotment of Banks. The complete procedure has been added below. After successful selection in the main examination, the preliminary allotment under IBPS CLERKS XII will be done based on the mentioned categories.
- Provisional Allotment: Provisional allotment is done on the basis of examination marks. IBPS announces the provisional allotment of candidates for respective banks.
- After that, the respective banks will communicate with the candidates.
- An appointment letter i.e. offer letter will be sent to the registered email ID of the candidate and also to the correspondence address of the candidate with the details of the formalities of the candidates.
- The offer letter will be sent to the applicant’s address, which he indicated when filling out the application.
- The date of the training will be announced. Candidates have to appear for the training and after that the bank will indicate the place and date of posting.
The procedure for joining the bank consists of two stages, i.e.
- Pre-joining Document / Credential verification at our designated Zonal Office (On the date specified in the attached letter) and
- Joining at Zonal Office followed by Online Induction Training.
IBPS Clerk Posting Locations
Details of Institute of Banking Personnel Selection Officer posting locations are given below.
- IBPS officer posting locations will be allotted after successful completion of the training process.
- Based on the bank the candidate has been allocated the home posting option depends.
All the candidates who want to appear for the exam should go through the complete syllabus. They should also use the best materials and solutions for their preparation. Sign up for Entri courses today and get access to thousands of mock tests and mentoring sessions. Entri wishes you all the best for your upcoming competitive exams. Start your preparations today with Entri.
FAQs – IBPS Clerk Home Posting 2022
Q. Can I get my hometown as a location after clearing Institute of Banking Personnel Selection bank clerk exam?
A. Yes. Candidates will be posted in their hometown based on some of the priorities listed here in this article.
Q. Is the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection Clerk job transferable?
A. Yes. Candidates can apply for home posting and will be transferred within a few years.
Q. Where can I check the details of IBPS Clerk Hometown Post 2022?
A. Candidates can check the details of IBPS Clerk Hometown Post 2022 given here in this article.