SSC CGL syllabus: The reputable SSC CGL exam is conducted by the Staff Selection Commission in order to recruit candidates under the Government of India’s various ministries, subordinate and departmental offices. SSC has released SSC CGL Syllabus along with its official notification of SSC CGL 2021-22. The SSC CGL exam is a three-tier process, where the Tier-1 Exam of SSC CGL 2022 will be conducted on April 2022.
However, Candidates who are preparing for the other tier exam have to go through the latest SSC CGL Syllabus to scale their chances in this exam. Therefore, thorough knowledge of the SSC CGL Syllabus & exam pattern for Tier-I, Tier-II & III Exam is very much necessary to prepare effectively for this exam. Moreover, the candidates can download the SSC CGL Syllabus PDF from the official website. Let us have a look at the SSC CGL Syllabus and exam pattern. Also, get the SSC CGL syllabus 2022 PDF download here
SSC CGL Exam Pattern 2022
SSC CGL exam pattern: The tier-I exam is mandatory for the applicants for all posts mentioned in the SSC CGL 2022 Notification. Candidates must prepare for both Tier 2 and Tier 3 exams simultaneously. However, It is only if a candidate clears the combined cut off for Tier 1 and Tier 2 exams, that the evaluation of the third tier descriptive exam will be done. So, candidates can appear for both Tier 2 and Tier 3 exams but their Tier 3 answer sheets will only be evaluated if they clear the cut-off. Tier-IV exam is especially, taken by candidates applying specifically for TA, CSS, MEA and Inspector.
Tier-I and Tier-II will consist of only the Objective Type, Multiple choice questions. However, the exam questions will be set both in English & Hindi mediums with the exception of English Comprehension in Tier-I and Paper-II in Tier-II.
Paper-I and Paper-II in Tier-II are compulsory for all the posts.
SSC CGL Tier-I Exam Pattern
|Serial No.||Sections||No. of Questions||Total Marks||Time Allotted|
|1||General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||50||1 hour|
SSC CGL Tier-II Exam Pattern
|Serial No.||Sections||No. of Questions||Total Marks||Time Allotted|
|1||Quantitative Ability||100||200||2 hours|
|2||English Language and Comprehension||200||200||2 hours|
|4||General Studies (Finance and Economics)||100||200||2 hours|
SSC CGL Tier-III Exam Pattern
|Descriptive Paper in English/Hindi medium (Writing of Essay, Letter, Application, Precis, etc.)||100 marks||1 hour or 60 minutes|
SSC CGL Syllabus 2022
SSC combined graduate level exam (SSC CGL) 2022 syllabus : The candidates who are eagerly waiting for the syllabus structure of SSC CGL 2022 can refer to the tabular columns given below. The syllabus structure is updated. The candidates can also view the PDF file of the SSC CGL syllabus 2022 given below.
SSC CGL Syllabus 2022 for Tier 1
General Intelligence and SSC CGL reasoning syllabus
Here is the SSC CGL tier 1 syllabus. Normally this section includes questions of both verbal and non-verbal types. This component Topics asked in this section are as follows:
- Analogies, similarities and differences, space visualization
- Problem-solving, Spatial orientation, judgment, analysis, decision making
- Visual memory, discrimination, observation, relationship concepts
- Arithmetical reasoning along with figural classification, arithmetic number series
- Non-verbal series, coding and decoding, statement conclusion
- Syllogistic reasoning
- Semantic Analogy, Symbolic/ Number Analogy, Figural Analogy
- Semantic Classification, Symbolic/ Number Classification, Figural Classification
- Semantic Series, Number Series, Figural Series
- Problem Solving, Word Building, Coding & de-coding
- Numerical Operations, symbolic Operations
- Trends, Space Orientation, Space Visualization
- Venn Diagrams, Drawing inferences
- Punched hole/pattern-folding & un-folding, Figural Pattern-folding & completion
- Address matching, Date & city matching
- Classification of centre code/roll numbers, Capital & small letters, numbers coding, decoding and classification
- Critical thinking, Embedded Figures, Emotional Intelligence, Social Intelligence, Other sub-topics
General Awareness Syllabus
Questions generally asked in this section are mainly focused on testing the candidates’ general awareness, knowledge of current affairs around them and its application to society. The test will also include questions concerned with India and its neighboring countries.
- Economic Scene
- General Policy
- Scientific Research
- Current Affairs
- Books and Authors
- Important Schemes
- Important Days
- People in News
Syllabus for Quantitative Aptitude
Quantitative Aptitude questions are designed to test and check the ability of appropriate usage of numbers and number sense of the candidate. The topics mentioned under this section are as follows:
- Relationships between numbers and computation of whole numbers, decimals, fractions
- Profit and Loss
- Discount, Partnership Business, Mixture and Allegation
- Time and distance, Time & Work, Percentage
- Ratio & Proportion, Square roots, Averages
- Interest and Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra & Elementary surds
- Graphs of Linear Equations
- Triangle with its various kinds of centres, Congruence and similarity of triangles
- Circle along with its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle, common tangents to two or more circles
- Regular Polygons, Triangle, Quadrilaterals, Circle, Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular Cylinder, Sphere
- Heights and Distances, Histogram, Frequency polygon
- Bar diagram & Pie chart
- Regular Right Pyramid including triangular or square base
- Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallelepiped
- Trigonometric ratio, Degree & Radian Measures, Standard Identities, Complementary angles
Syllabus for English Comprehension
SSC CGL English syllabus : In this section, the Candidates’ ability to understand correct English is measured. Here the candidate’s basic reading and writing ability would be tested. The questions included here are based on the following topics:
- Phrases and Idioms
- One word Substitution
- Sentence Correction
- Error Spotting
- Fill in the Blanks
- Spellings Correction
- Reading Comprehension
- Active Passive
- Sentence Rearrangement
- Sentence Improvement
- Cloze test
- Basic Comprehension
SSC CGL Syllabus 2022: Tier II
SSC CGL tier 2 syllabus : The Mains Exam is an objective type MCQ and will be conducted online. The Tier-II & Tier-III exam is going to be conducted on the same day, this year. The prime sections included in the Mains Exam are Quantitative Aptitude, English Language and Comprehension, Statistics, General Studies (Economics and Finance). Let’s check out the SSC CGL Syllabus 2022 and Mains Exam Pattern.
Paper-I Quantitative Abilities Syllabus:
The questions asked in this section pertains to test the ability of appropriate usage of numbers and number sense of the candidate. The topics covered in this section are given hereunder:
Accounting, Non-profit organizations Accounts, Valuation of Inventories, Bills of Exchange, Receipts and Payments and Income & Expenditure Accounts, Self Balancing Ledgers.
Part B: Economics and Governance-(120 marks): Computation of the whole numbers, decimals, fractions and relationships between numbers
- Percentage, Ratio & Proportion, Square roots, Averages
- Interest, Profit and Loss, Discount, Partnership Business
- Mixture &Allegation, Distance & Time, Time & Work
- Basic algebraic identities of the School Algebra & the Elementary surds
- Graphs of Linear Equations
- Triangle and its various forms of centers, Congruence and similarity of triangles
- Circle and chords angle subtended by chords of a circle tangents, common tangents to two or more circles
- Sphere, Circle, Triangle, Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons, Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular Cylinder, Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallelepiped, Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square base
- Degree and the Radian Measures, Trigonometric ratio, Standard Identities, Complementary angles
- Histogram, Heights and Distances, Frequency polygon, Bar diagram & Pie chart.
Paper-II English Language and Comprehension Syllabus:
Questions in this section are asked to measure and test the candidate’s understanding and knowledge of the basic English Language. The questions are designed under the following topics:
- Spot the error, fill in the blanks
- Synonyms, antonyms
- Spelling/ detecting misspelt words
- Idioms & phrases, one-word substitution
- Improvement of sentences, active/ passive verb voice, conversion into direct/ indirect narration
- Shuffling of the sentence in parts and shuffling of sentences in a passage
- Cloze passage & comprehension passage.
Paper-III Statistics Syllabus:
- Classification, collection and Presentation of Statistical Data – Primary and Secondary data, Methods of data collection; Tabulation of data; Graphs and charts; Frequency distributions; Diagrammatic presentation of frequency distributions.
- Measures of Central Tendency – Some Common Measures of central tendency – mean median, mode; Partition values- quartiles, deciles, percentiles.
- Correlation &Regression – Scatter diagram; Spearman’s rank correlation; simple correlation coefficient; simple regression lines; Measures of association of attributes; Multiple regression; Multiple and partial correlations (For three variables only).
- Measures of Dispersion- range, quartile deviations, mean and standard deviation; Measures of relative dispersion.
- Probability Theory – probability meaning; Various definitions of probability; Conditional probability; Compound probability; Independent events; Bayes‟ theorem.
- Moments, Skewness and Kurtosis – Different types of moments and their relationship; the meaning of skewness and kurtosis; different estimates of skewness and kurtosis.
- Random Variable and Probability Distributions – Probability functions; Random variable; Expectation and Variance of a random variable; Higher moments of a random variable; Binomial, Poisson, Normal and Exponential distributions; Joint distribution of two random variables (discrete).
- Statistical Inference – Point estimation and interval estimation, Methods of estimation (Moments method, Maximum likelihood method, Least squares method), Properties of a good estimator, Testing of hypothesis, Basic concept of testing, Small and large sample tests, Tests related to Z, t, Chi-square and F statistic, Confidence intervals.
- Sampling Theory – Concept of population and sample; Parameter and statistic, Sampling and non-sampling errors; Probability and nonprobability sampling techniques(simple random sampling, systematic sampling, stratified sampling, multistage sampling, convenience sampling multiphase sampling, cluster sampling, purposive sampling, and quota sampling); Sampling distribution(statement only); Sample size decisions.
- Analysis of Variance – Analysis of one-way classified data & two-way classified data.
- Time Series Analysis – Determinations of trend component by different methods, Components of time series, Measurement of seasonal variation by different methods.
- Index Numbers – Problems in the construction of index numbers, Types of index numbers, Meaning of Index Numbers, Different formulae, Base shifting and splicing of index numbers, Cost of living Index Numbers, Uses of Index Numbers.
Paper-IV General Studies-Finance and Economics Syllabus
Part A: Finance and Accounts-(80 marks):
1a. Fundamental principles and basic concept of Accounting:
1b. Financial Accounting: Nature and scope, Limitations of Financial Accounting, Basic concepts and Conventions, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
1c. Basic concepts of accounting: Single and double entry, Books of original Entry, Bank Reconciliation, Journal, Ledgers, Trial Balance, Rectification of Errors, Manufacturing, Trading, Profit & Loss Appropriation Accounts, Balance Sheet Distinction between Revenue and Capital Expenditures, Depreciation
2a. Comptroller & Auditor General of India– Constitutional provisions, Role and responsibility.
2b. Finance Commission-Role and functions.
2c. Basic Concept of Economics and introduction to Micro Economics: Definition, scope and nature of Economics, Methods of economic study and Central problems of an economy and Production possibilities curve.
2d. Theory of Demand and Supply: Meaning and determinants of demand, Law of demand and Elasticity of demand, Price, income and cross elasticity; Theory of consumer’s behavior, Marshallian approach and Indifference curve approach, Meaning of determinants of supply, Law of supply and Elasticity of Supply.
2e. Theory of Production and cost: Meaning and Factors of production, Laws of production- Law of variable proportions and Laws of returns to scale.
2f. Forms of Market and price determination in different markets: Various forms of markets-Perfect Competition, Monopoly, Monopolistic Competition and Oligopoly ad Price determination in these markets.
2g. Indian Economy:
2.g.1 Nature of the Indian Economy Role of different sectors, Role of Agriculture, Industry and Services with their problems and growth.
2.g.2 National Income of India-Concepts of national income, Different methods of measuring national income.
2.g.3 Population-Its size, rate of growth and its implication on economic growth.
2.g.4 Poverty and unemployment- Absolute and relative poverty, types, causes and incidence of unemployment.
2.g.5 Infrastructure-Energy, Transportation, Communication.
2h. Economic Reforms in India: Economic reforms since 1991; Liberalization, Privatization, Globalization and Disinvestment.
2i. Money and Banking:
2.i.1 Monetary/ Fiscal policy- Role and functions of Reserve Bank of India; functions of commercial Banks/RRB/Payment Banks.
2.i.2 Budget and Fiscal deficits and Balance of payments.
2.i.3 Fiscal Responsibility and Budget Management Act, 2003.
2j. Role of Information Technology in Governance.
Kindly note that the questions in Paper-I will be of Matriculation Level, Paper-II of 10 or +2 Level and in Paper-III and Paper-IV of Graduation Level.
SSC CGL Tier-III Syllabus
The third Tier of the SSC CGL 2022 exam is a descriptive type exam to test the written skills of the candidates in English/Hindi. The mode of examination is decided to be conducted offline and students are required to write essays, précis, application, letters etc. in this exam. The exam carries a total of 100 marks and the time allotted for the same is 60 minutes. The time allotted for candidates belonging to Public Works Department (PWD) category is increased to 80 mins. Only those candidates who are interested in the post of “Statistical Investigator Grade-II” & “Compiler” may attend this exam.
SSC CGL Tier-IV Syllabus (Skill Test)
Tier-IV examination is conducted to test a couple of skill sets required for certain Government Posts across the country. The two main skill tests are as follows.
DEST (Data Entry Speed Test): For the post of Tax Assistant (Central Excise and Income Tax), they are required to have very fast typing skills. The DEST Exam is conducted through SSC CGL 2022 to check the typing speed of the candidate. The candidates will be provided with an article in English which they have to type on Computer. A candidate is expected to type a minimum of 2000 words in 15 minutes.
CPT (Computer Proficiency Test): For the post of CSS, MEA, Inspector (Central Excise), Inspector (Preventive Officer), Inspector (Examiner), the candidates are required to have a skillset in Word Processing, Spread Sheets and Generation of slides. This exam conducts a test in the aforementioned areas.
- Module-I comprises of DEST is to be conducted for a passage of about 2000 words
- Module-II comprises of preparation of spreadsheet . The preparation of the spreadsheet will be based on the exercise given in the test.
- Module-III comprises of preparation of Power Point Presentation. The preparation of the presentation will be based on the exercise given in the test.
- The nature of CPT is qualifying. The candidates should qualify all the three modules. PwD candidates will not be exempted from CPT.
- Every wrong answer will lead to a deduction of 0.5 marks in the Tier- I exam.
- For every answer that is wrong, there will be a negative marking of 0.25 is made for each wrong answer in Paper-II (English Language and Comprehension) and of 0.50 marks for each wrong answer in Paper-I, Paper-III and Paper-IV, in Tier-II.
SSC CGL Syllabus 2022 PDF
Those candidates who wish to download the entire PDF can directly click on the link given below. The link can directly take you to the complete syllabus of SSC CGL for all the tiers 2022. The SSC CGL exam is around teh corner. The number of candidates applying for the post every year is comparatively high. Download the PDF and start learning today. Check the SSC CGL syllabus PDF here
SSC CGL exam should be given priority. The candidates who are applying for the exam should have a through understanding about the syllabus and exam pattern. The syllabus should be given priority. The enthusiastic readers should familiarize with the SSC CGL exam pattern and syllabus. We hope this article has helped you with the doubts regarding the SSC CGL Syllabus and Exam Pattern. Entri wishes you happy learning!