Are you planning for a career in the banking industry and that too with the largest banking and financial services organization in India, the SBI(State Bank of India)? Then here is your chance, as SBI has released the SBI Clerk 2020 Notification. SBI has recently announced the recruitment of Junior Associates (Customer Support and Sales) in the clerical cadre on 02 Jan 2020 with 8000 vacancies.
The online registration process has started on January 3, 2020. The last date for registration and payment of fees for the same is January 26, 2020
SBI Clerk 2020: Expected Vacancies
SBI Clerk 2020: Why Opt for a Banking Career?
Banking, Financial Services and Insurance (BFSI) have grown exponentially in India due to the rising per capita income, the introduction of new products, innovation in technology, expanding distribution, networking and increasing customer awareness of financial products.
- The banking sector in India is growing at a rapid rate and is among one of the fastest-growing industry in India.
- The rapid advancements and growth in the banking sector have paved the way for many banking career opportunities. The demand for taking up a career in banking, among young aspirants is rising than ever before!.
- Bank jobs are backed up by a huge wealth of diversity and almost every vacancy created in a bank incorporates some sort of banking element such as law, accounting, investment banking, taxes, public relations, customer relationship management.
- Individuals can enjoy working with a variety of clients.
- The field of banking is so diverse, people with countless interests and skillsets can be found within it.
SBI Clerk 2020: Why Opt for a Banking Career with SBI?
- India has a strong banking and financial sector and it is one of the most influential industries in India’s economy. State Bank of India with a glorious history of more than 200 years is the backbone of the Indian Banking system.
- The State Bank of India (SBI) being the largest commercial bank in India, ensures a secure future for its employees. It provides financial security and social status.
- Every year lakhs of candidates appear for the various SBI Exams to get into the banking sector.
- You get the opportunity to work with The only Fortune 500 Bank from India.
- The training programs organised by the banks are so methodological and scientific.
- State Bank of India provides many opportunities for young graduates as well as experienced professionals for accelerated career growth. Young graduates are recruited as Junior Associate in the Clerical cadre.
SBI Clerk/Junior Associate Job profile
- The main responsibility will be to deal with the customers’ inquiries, talk to customers and give them the right guidance and information regarding what they need.
- One needs to handle all the activities on the deposit counter and cash withdrawal counter.
- Sometimes you have to work as a cashier and also you need to be comfortable in dealing with the customers regarding finance things like checkbooks, demands, tax et
- Apart from this, you will be responsible for accounts on the customer by verifying and signing documents countersigning and clearing cheques and drafts.
- Also, you also need to verify customer details before issuing the credit card, debit card, and DD, etc
- As a junior associate, one would need to explain to customers about the scheme, bank recent changes regarding loan scheme, deposit, funds.
- In addition to the above responsibilities, sometimes you need to follow up for loans and if somebody is not depositing there EMI then you need to call and follow up with them.
- You also need to call for selling banking services and selling products of the bank either inside and outside of the Bank and for which sometimes you also required to travel outside the bank.
Career Opportunities for SBI Associate
The Bank offers fast track growth opportunities wherein Junior Associates are eligible for promotion to Officer Cadre on completion of 3 years of service.
SBI Clerk/ Assistant Salary
As per last year’s SBI Clerk Notification, the SBI Clerk pay scale is:
The total starting emoluments of a Clerical Cadre employee payable at Metros like Mumbai will be around Rs. 19500 per month. This is inclusive of D.A. and other allowances at the current rate. There may be minor discrepancies in the allowances which be based on the area of posting.
Discover now all the opportunities and join the largest bank in the country. Work in an exciting, motivating, meritocratic environment. We here at Entri endeavor get you the EXAM updates to you in a timely manner! Enjoy the benefits of the Entri membership by accessing the question papers, mock tests.